Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #211
Donk45
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I've been checking a bunch of all season jackets out (mostly REV'IT) on Revzilla and can't decide which one to buy. What do you guys recommend?

I dont really ride in the rain but sometimes get stuck in it. I want something a little sporty, but definitely warm enough for temps in the low 50's/mid 40's. I drive a can am spyder (3 wheel) and will be doing some riding in November here in the DC area. The jackets that I am looking at are listed below (no part order), but I just cant decide. I do have a REV'IT air jacket that I love...

-REV'IT Ignition Leather Jacket : I really like the look of this jacket, but im not sure how warm it will keep me?

REV'IT Sirocco Jacket : like the looks, seems like a really good jacket, but doesnt jumpt out to me like some of the others

REV'IT Cayenne Pro Jacket: awesome jacket (from reading about it) but im not sure if I need to or want to spend this much money.

The other two that I am considering are the

Scorpion XDR Shock Waterproof Jacket - Really like this one too, how does it compare in quality to the REV'ITs?

Teknic Freeway Textile Jacket -like the high vis yellow.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
Donk45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #212
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Hi Donk,

I have a 48 and a 50 REV'IT Ignition here. That is touted as a 3.5 season jacket with full detachable wind/water and thermal linings. REV'IT! is out of many of the Ignitions right now and we only have one left of each.

Truthfully we have been really impressed with the Scorpion Jackets, but comparing the two, all REV'IT! is significantly more technical and feature rich than anything else weve seen. Its the details that truly separate the REVIT line apart.

I don't believe I have the Scorpions here, but I do have more REV'IT! pants & Jackets in stock than anyone in North America. So we should be able to easily size you and compare multiple pieces for style, fit and function.

Feel free to call me if you would like to speak before you come down.

Anthony

Quote:
Understand, thanks for getting back to me. Looks like there's a very good chance I'll be stopping in on Friday.

Currently I wear a small Shift avenger jacket for the cooler days and a Medium REV'IT air on the hot hot days.

I am looking more for jacket that will keep me warm when I know it's going to be cold, and I dont plan on using it when its warmer bc i have the other two.

How are the Scorpions compared to the REV'IT's?

I really like the Ignition (is that a cold weather jacket?) and the scorpion shock but its only in all black.

I may also be looking at some pants. Thanks!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-10-2014 at 02:26 PM Reason: Updating
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #213
Donk45
Adventurer

Big thumbs up to Revzilla!!! I was just out at their philly store today and Anthony was awesome/very helpful. I highly recommend Revzilla and the guys behind the killer website.

I ended up buying the REV'IT Dragon with High Viz and some black pants (cant even remember the model right now). I was there for good hour and Anthony helped the entire time.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 AM   #214
Donk45
Adventurer

Hey booch, I sent you another PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #215
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Nuts and Bolts and Open Houses

We are having a Sport / Adventure Touring Open House at RevZilla HQ in Philly on Saturday October 17th From 12pm to 4pm.

Jack Broomall, who did Philly to Alaska and back this Spring on his F650GS will be doing a slideshow and talk about his adventure. He will most certainly be answering questions as well. All are welcome.

I just blogged it yesterday, you can see the full post here - RevZilla Blog. Also you can see Jack's Ride Report Thread Here.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 10-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #216
CopaMundial
Wow, that broke easy

Oddometer: 1,007
Airvolution gloves

Might be a little late in the year for feedback on the summer gloves, but I'll give two thumbs up on the Airvolution gloves.

I typically wear a small or size 8 glove, but I've had to go with a Medium on some thicker Rev'it gloves. The Airvolution gloves are closer fitting, so I went with a small. The first couple of days that I wore them I was a little worried that they were too small, but now I've put a few thousand miles on them and they are my first-choice glove. They have broken in to a nice custom-fit.
I haven't crash tested them yet, but I'll see what I can do about that and I'll get back to you.

CopaMundial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #217
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT! Video Thread

We are posting our REV'IT! and Adventure Gear Product Video Reviews in a different VIDEO focused thread for ease of subscriptions. All feedback and requests for product is welcome.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511730

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 10-06-2009, 05:56 AM   #218
YBViking
Bedroom Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
looking for new gloves

hI

i've got the Off Track jacket (love it!) and have decided it's time for new gloves. I like to wear a gauntlet style, preferably water proof.

here's the thing- based on riding position, the gauntlet needs to fit over the jacket to prevent rain running up the sleeve. I like the looks of the Farenheit H20, but not sure if it'd slip easily over the jacket sleeve.

Does this glove fit my specs? OR will a trial be necessary to be absolutely sure?

TIA
YB'

Life's too short for hate...or ex-wives, cheap booze and the road not taken

Cigarettes are nails in my coffin- but I pounded them in

I'm going to Hell on the express bus.....That poor NUN........

I'm always auditioning the next future ex-mrs YBViking- PM me for an appt
YBViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #219
Donk45
Adventurer

Hey Anthony, I just ordered the REV'IT Unix H2O Gloves yesterday (size Large) and they just showed up to my door. They fit perfect!!
Old 10-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #220
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT! Winter Waterproof Gloves

Hi Vik'

There are a handfull of directions you could go - For warm weather I would recommend the Zenith H20 - if you are not in the sunbelt, south or out west a cool/cold weather option to fit your needs would be the REV'IT! Tempest, Unix H20 or Farenheit H20. The REV'IT! Kelvin covers the cold and waterproof factors, but has a slightly smaller cuff for inside wear.

I think the best value in the bunch is the Unix H20 - has the very thin yet warm Exkin liner and is on Sale. The Tempest has beefed up protection and a PCM layer for temperature regulation. The Tempest features Exkin as well. Exkin is REV'IT!'s best insulation for warmth and tactile sensitivity - it is only used in a few pinnacle items in the lineup. You can learn more about Exkin in the video below.

Let me know what else I could offer.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBViking
hI

i've got the Off Track jacket (love it!) and have decided it's time for new gloves. I like to wear a gauntlet style, preferably water proof.

here's the thing- based on riding position, the gauntlet needs to fit over the jacket to prevent rain running up the sleeve. I like the looks of the Farenheit H20, but not sure if it'd slip easily over the jacket sleeve.

Does this glove fit my specs? OR will a trial be necessary to be absolutely sure?

TIA
YB'

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-10-2014 at 02:27 PM Reason: Updating
Old 10-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #221
TwoShots
Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,448
Question Sand Jacket Armour?

Hey Booch-

The Sand jacket is quite the teaser! Call me clueless if this is mentioned elsewhere, but can you say what type of armour comes with it?

Thanks.
TwoShots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #222
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REVIT Sand Armor

Yo TS,

Not sure if you saw the REV'IT! Sand Video Preview we shot, but the Jacket comes with Pro Life CE2 in the Shoulder and Elbows.

Check out the video if you like:

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoShots
Hey Booch-
The Sand jacket is quite the teaser! Call me clueless if this is mentioned elsewhere, but can you say what type of armour comes with it?

Thanks.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #223
YBViking
Bedroom Adventurer

Oddometer: 589
Thanks- I'll give'em a look. Up here in lesser Flugistan i'm looking for a glove for the shoulder season- Oct thru Dec- before switching to snowmobile gloves..

YB'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
Hi Vik'

There are a handfull of directions you could go - For warm weather I would recommend the Zenith H20 - if you are not in the sunbelt, south or out west a cool/cold weather option to fit your needs would be the REV'IT! Tempest, Unix H20 or Farenheit H20. The REV'IT! Kelvin covers the cold and waterproof factors, but has a slightly smaller cuff for inside wear.

I think the best value in the bunch is the Unix H20 - has the very thin yet warm Exkin liner and is on Sale. The Tempest has beefed up protection and a PCM layer for temperature regulation. The Tempest features Exkin as well. Exkin is REV'IT!'s best insulation for warmth and tactile sensitivity - it is only used in a few pinnacle items in the lineup. You can learn more about Exkin in the video below.

Let me know what else I could offer.

Anthony

Life's too short for hate...or ex-wives, cheap booze and the road not taken

Cigarettes are nails in my coffin- but I pounded them in

I'm going to Hell on the express bus.....That poor NUN........

I'm always auditioning the next future ex-mrs YBViking- PM me for an appt
YBViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #224
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

The Tempests may be overkill on the top end. Also if you had heated grips / handguards you could even potentially get away with the spring / fall rated Zenith H20.

Do a search for any of those gloves on WebBikeWorld.com - you can see their thoughts as well.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBViking
Thanks- I'll give'em a look. Up here in lesser Flugistan i'm looking for a glove for the shoulder season- Oct thru Dec- before switching to snowmobile gloves..

YB'

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 10-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #225
MotherGoose
C14GSA?

Oddometer: 102
Washing

Hi Anthony,

I washed my Canyenne Pro for the first time all season last evening.

I'm curious if it would benefit from a Nikwax treatment before using it again or just leaving it as is.

Thanks,
MG
MotherGoose is offline   Reply With Quote