Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #16
grandpa_ken
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Are the pant legs large enough to fit easily over my Crossfire boots?
Thanks for the great info.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:45 AM   #17
ovd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by KullZilla
Anyway keep the questions coming I enjoy talking about this stuff
Well, since you ask... :)
Can Ignition be upgraded to both Knox or SAC-TEC Armor?
ovd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #18
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hey KG -

The pants will close around your Sidi Crossfires. As far as pulling the pants on over them - that may be a stretch. (pun intended)

In all seriousness I think that you would struggle to get the pants over a the full boot while they are on.

Let me know what else I could offer.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgwest
Are the pant legs large enough to fit easily over my Crossfire boots?
Thanks for the great info.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #19
KullZilla
Work Hard, Play Harder

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovd
Well, since you ask... :)
Can Ignition be upgraded to both Knox or SAC-TEC Armor?
The Knox TP2 Back Protector will slide right in. The SAS-TEC back armor is a different shape though. It is primarily used on the Cayenne Pro / Infinity Suit which have altered back pockets to be able to accept it.

However - the SAS-TEC armor can be trimmed to fit the Knox shape. It is a very easy process, the Jacket comes with a temperfoam pad, pull that out and use it as a template to cut the SAS-TEC. It takes less then 5 minutes to do, I have the SAS-TEC in my Air Jacket.

We have also confirmed with SAS-TEC that trimming the armor does not effect its protective properties.
KullZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #20
Mr. B
Contrarian

Oddometer: 1,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by KullZilla
The Turbine and Ignition is a bit of an apples-oranges comparison.

I ran through some of the features of the turbine earlier, but to summarize the Turbine is the 'bombproof' hot weather mesh jacket.

The Ignition Jacket is a Leather / Mesh hybrid. It is primarily a leather, with big mesh panels on the front and back for ventilation. The ignition uses the REV'IT three layer system with a leather/mesh outer layer, a wind / waterproof layer, and then a insulated thermal vest. Take all the layers out and you have a great hot weather jacket which gives you the air-flow of mesh but the protection of leather. Add the layers in and you have a solid three season jacket. The Ignition uses ProLife (CE level 2) armor.

The Ignition is a really sharp looking jacket and was one of our best sellers last season, especially in-store. There is a bit of sticker shock online (at 439) but once people try it on and feel the quality they are sold ;)

It is a tough choice, and actually one I am debating myself at the moment. Last year's hot weather riding jacket for me was the REV'IT Air, I loved it but am really interested in seeing the production Turbine first-hand, and the leather of the Ignition has always been appealing. The Air Jacket / Turbine will get you chilly fast once the temperatures drop, but I picked up a REV'IT Digital to use as a mid-layer and it turned my Air Jacket into a solid 3-season choice, so I am sure it could do the same for the Turbine. In the end, I think you will be happy with either choice (cop-out I know)

Anyway keep the questions coming I enjoy talking about this stuff
OK, you asked for it . I have the Ignition jacket; what pants do you recommend to go with it? BTW, pictures don't do this jacket justice--It's very sharp and very well made.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #21
ovd
Gnarly Adventurer

I found that, in general, choosing gear by just looking at the pictures of gear not being worn is very difficult, especially pants. It is hard to say how the article is actually sitting on a body, snug or loose, baggy or not, etc. You do have a few pictures of some dude demoing Infinity suite and Turbine jacket and that does help a lot, actually. Why don't you invite some models to pose in front of a camera wearing stuff and post it on your site? :)
Old 02-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #22
KullZilla
Work Hard, Play Harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B
OK, you asked for it . I have the Ignition jacket; what pants do you recommend to go with it? BTW, pictures don't do this jacket justice--It's very sharp and very well made.
No prob, the Ignition is probably my favorite leather out there (from any brand). The match-up for the Ignition is going to be the new Gear Leather Pants

Same principle as the Ignition, the Gear is a Leather / Mesh hybrid making it great for hot weather riding. The protection of leather and the breathability of mesh is a great combo. The pants also have Pro-Life (CE level 2) armor like the jacket does. The pants also have a removable wind/waterproof liner to give it some more diversity in the bad and colder weather.

You could also zip any other REV'IT pant to the Ignition, but I think the Gear is the winner.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #23
KullZilla
Work Hard, Play Harder

We have some interesting ideas along these lines, I can't let out the bag I will just say I agree wholeheartedly with what you are saying ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovd
I found that, in general, choosing gear by just looking at the pictures of gear not being worn is very difficult, especially pants. It is hard to say how the article is actually sitting on a body, snug or loose, baggy or not, etc. You do have a few pictures of some dude demoing Infinity suite and Turbine jacket and that does help a lot, actually. Why don't you invite some models to pose in front of a camera wearing stuff and post it on your site? :)
Old 02-18-2009, 12:03 PM   #24
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
If you are referring to these pictures - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=319 then the dude in the pictures is me . For the record these weren't taken by Revzilla. They were taken by and for Dennis at Beachmoto. He is a REV'IT! dealer out here in Southern California who has a thread on here - http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370530 . I am pretty sure you saw the Infinity pictures there as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovd
You do have a few pictures of some dude demoing Infinity suite and Turbine jacket and that does help a lot, actually.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:19 AM   #25
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

For the record.... I hope the male model in question got some royalties or at least free gear out of his mug being plastered everywhere!

When our REV'IT! glamour-shots hit the airwaves I think some nice looking ladies will be in order...

While I breath, I hope..... maybe..

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #26
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

HI-VIS REV'IT Dragon and Womens Siren hit the showroom

We received the first of our new 2009 REV'IT product shipments from REV'IT yesterday - I grabbed the DSLR and took some shots of the HI-VIS Dragon Jacket and Black Women's Siren Jacket.

The Shots are on the RevZilla flickr account located here:
REVIT Dragon HI-Vis Jacket
REVIT Siren Womens Jacket

The HI-VIS is very tastefully done compared to other HI-Vis on the market. Both Jackets looked better than the preproduction models.

Happy to answer any questions either of these or any of the rest of the lineup.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-25-2009, 01:32 PM   #27
ovd
Gnarly Adventurer

Does Dragon replace Rev'it Devil jacket?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:44 PM   #28
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi ovd,

You are correct, the Dragon absolutely replaces the Devil Jacket. They beefed it up and added some features.

I have to say, I see you all over ADV and Sport-Touring.net - what are you riding?

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovd
Does Dragon replace Rev'it Devil jacket?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #29
ovd
Gnarly Adventurer

BMW K1200R.

You see me in this section and similar board over at s-t.net because I'm about to upgrade all of my gear except the Devil jacket I bought from you in late 2008 :) So, I'm doing a lot of research here any many other forums.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #30
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

I appreciate the patronage.

Nice! An '07 or '08 K-bike is most likely next in line for my garage. The new '09 13 is absolutely ridiculous, but a bit pricey for me at the moment.

All of your questions have been good. Please don't hesitate to pepper me or Matt with some more. :-)

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovd
BMW K1200R.

You see me in this section and similar board over at s-t.net because I'm about to upgrade all of my gear except the Devil jacket I bought from you in late 2008 :) So, I'm doing a lot of research here any many other forums.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R