User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #331
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hey Five -

I am going to preface this response by saying that tolerance to temperature is different for everyone. I am not one of those people who "runs hot" and is always warm and sweating. I would say I am normal.

Sixty is probably the bottom limit for being warm in that combo with nothing but a T-shirt / underwear underneath it. I would say at sixty I am fine at highway speed if I am in the direct sunlight. Without the sun on you, you could begin to chill in the shade and be cold in the dark at that temp.

With no rain - I can stretch my rotors and air into early spring and later fall (colder temps) just by adding either a long sleeve tee / base layer or when its really chilly a wind-blocking layer like the REV'IT! Digital.

Again this is "hot weather / warm weather gear" - but you can stretch it.

For you circumstances I think you could be fine.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveG
I know there's a lot of discussion about how the mesh gear works in warm weather. Here's a different question: what would you expect to be the lowest comfortable temperature for the mesh-based Rev It Air Jacket and the Rotor pants? Reason is: if you're planning a day that's warm mid-day, but the day starts cool, will you be chilled early on?

For context, the day I'm thinking of is expected to start out about 60 degrees, but get up to about 80. Would that combination be too chilly in the morning?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:16 PM   #332
FiveG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Thanks. I was figuring putting a long-sleeve polyprop undershirt under the Air jacket to handle any wind issues, with a backup cotton shirt in my side cases.
FiveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #333
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Welcome Back Mr. Kotter...

Its been a while since we have posted to our thread on here. It's been a very busy month.

We shot a May Deals Video which is a bit out of control: Cinco de Moto.

Also we have added 4 new Summer Gear Video Guides which can be found here.

You can also see Parts 1 through 4 below.

Part 4: Basic Protection

Part 5: Sport Riding

Part 6: Multi-Season Touring

Part 7: Adventure Touring

Happy to help answer any questions about the gear. You can see all the gear covered in the vids on our 2010 Summer Gear Guide Page

BoochZilla

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #334
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Turbine Jacket

As far as I see in the new catalogue the Turbine jacket finally has a waterproof liner. Is that true? How does this liner attach to the jacket? Would it fit and attack somehow to last year`s jacket?
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #335
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey,

I double checked with REV'IT! USA and the answer I was given was that there is nothing official yet for the liner. We will report as soon as we can confirm or deny.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by viatormundi
As far as I see in the new catalogue the Turbine jacket finally has a waterproof liner. Is that true? How does this liner attach to the jacket? Would it fit and attack somehow to last year`s jacket?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #336
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
Hey,

I double checked with REV'IT! USA and the answer I was given was that there is nothing official yet for the liner. We will report as soon as we can confirm or deny.

Anthony
I see. The same story like last year maybe. In the catalogue, it was written that the jacket has a liner and then it came to the shops without it. I am satisfied with the Turbine suit set but very disappointed that there is no wind/water liner for the jacket, so stupidly thought of Revit.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #337
KMmoto1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
I see. The same story like last year maybe. In the catalogue, it was written that the jacket has a liner and then it came to the shops without it. I am satisfied with the Turbine suit set but very disappointed that there is no wind/water liner for the jacket, so stupidly thought of Revit.
Actually the fine print in the catalog says the liner is available in EU but not in the USA.

The end question is will the liner fit the original jackets from 2009 and how much will it cost?

kilometermagazine.com
Do you like european cars and motorcycles?
KMmoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #338
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

I know that REV"IT! originally left the liner out to keep the cost down. I am hoping they offer the option at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMmoto1
Actually the fine print in the catalog says the liner is available in EU but not in the USA.

The end question is will the liner fit the original jackets from 2009 and how much will it cost?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-24-2010, 12:01 PM   #339
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMmoto1

The liner was not available in EU last year neither.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #340
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Quote:
I know that REV"IT! originally left the liner out to keep the cost down. I am hoping they offer the option at some point.
This cost argument is not logical to me since the jacket already has a high price tag. For that price the liner should have been included. Despite that I am satisfied with the product, I think the jacket and the pants are working really good in hot climate.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #341
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Viator,

I respect your opinion, but I think the cost argument is more valid than you think. Let me explain.

Either way I am happy that the jacket it working for you

You nailed it on the "working really good in hot climate" part. The Turbine is meant to ventilate to the extreme in the hottest weather and be more protective than any other mesh out there. I believe the market research dictated that the bulk of the folks who would gravitate toward this jacket would be wearing it primarily for summer heat and those folks would probably have an multi season / liner jacket to move to for inclement weather.

I agree with you that $379 is already expensive. But for a jacket that expensive that is truly meant to do a single season at a 10 out of 10, why bump the price 10% to 15% higher into the $400's to cover the cost of a liner that only some would really need or want? West Coast, Sun Belt and the South would probably be on the fence about it...

Personally I wish they would offer a stand alone Hydratex-Z liner for the Turbine at <$50 to help the folks in the NE US. Ultimately it's REV'IT!'s call, but they rarely shoot from the hip so we will have to wait and see.

If the liner comes, I am sure there was significant time spent vetting the demand for it.

Just my 2 cents....

Anthony

Quote:
This cost argument is not logical to me since the jacket already has a high price tag. For that price the liner should have been included. Despite that I am satisfied with the product, I think the jacket and the pants are working really good in hot climate.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 05-26-2010 at 03:51 PM
Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 PM   #342
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

In case you missed us...

If you are on Facebook.com check out our RevZilla page... we are always offering up moto-nuggets, sneak peaks at sales, deals, video and email.. with the occasional contest.

http://www.facebook.com/revzilla

BoochZilla

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #343
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Quote:
Hi Viator,

I respect your opinion, but I think the cost argument is more valid. than you think. Let me explain.

Either way I am happy that the jacket it working for you

You nailed it on the "working really good in hot climate" part. The Turbine is meant to ventilate to the extreme in the hottest weather and be more protective than any other mesh out there. I believe the market research dictated that the bulk of the folks who would gravitate toward this jacket would be wearing it primarily for summer heat and those folks would probably have an multi season / liner jacket to move to for inclement weather.

I agree with you that $379 is already expensive. But for a jacket that expensive that is truly meant to do a single season at a 10 out of 10, why bump the price 10% to 15% higher into the $400's to cover the cost of a liner that only some would really need or want? West Coast, Sun Belt and the South would probably be on the fence about it...

Personally I wish they would offer a stand alone Hydratex-Z liner for the Turbine at <$50 to help the folks in the NE US. Ultimately it's REV'IT!'s call, but they rarely shoot from the hip so we will have to wait and see.

If the liner comes, I am sure there was significant time spent vetting the demand for it.

Just my 2 cents....

Anthony
Dear Anthony,

I see your 2 cents and raise by 2 more

I understand your points but have some comments. If Revit designed a summer suit for absolute hot climate as you say, then why there is a water/wind proof liner for the Turbine pants but not the jacket? For me the wind liner is more important in the jacket than the pants since the upper body temperature is more important.

My other comment is about the summer suit concept. I live in the Spanish island of Mallorca in Mediterranean. In the summer the temperature can be around 35 C/ 95F but in the mornings it can be chilly around 20C/68F. In addition, the west side of the island is mountainous with altitudes of around 800m/2600ft. That means during the midday, a summer suit like Turbine is needed but in the mornings or at the high altitude the conditions change and a liner is necessary. Finally, Mallorca receives sudden summer rains and it is not fun to be soaked with rain while riding even it is summer.

As I said before, I like the suit but don't understand the point why the pants have a liner but not the jacket.

viatormundi screwed with this post 05-26-2010 at 04:10 PM
Old 05-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #344
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

I think the pant liner continuity argument as well as touring climate change are both valid arguments. Touche.

I will say that REV'IT! does a good job listening to its customers and dealers so I don't think its out of the question to see it available down the line.

I guess this is one of those where I am happy I wasn't locked in a room with the designers fighting the hung jury on this topic 2 years ago when they were conceptualizing the coat pre-production. lol

In the end I can see both sides. You make a couple good points, I just hope I shed some light on why they went the way they did on it.

Two Wheels Down, baby!

BoochZilla

Quote:
Dear Anthony,

I see your 2 cents and raise by 2 more

I understand your points but have some comments. If Revit designed a summer suit with absolute hot climate as you say, then why there is a water/wind proof liner for the Turbine pants but not the jacket? For me the wind liner is more important in the jacket than the pants since the upper body temperature is more important.

My other comment is about the summer suit concept. I live in the Spanish island of Mallorca in Mediterranean. In the summer the temperature can be around 35 C/ 95F but in the mornings it can be chilly around 20C/68F. In addition, the west side of the island is mountainous with altitudes of around 800m/2600ft. That means during the midday, a summer suit like Turbine is needed but in the mornings or at the high altitude the conditions change and a liner is necessary. Finally, Mallorca receives sudden summer rains and it is not fun to be soaked with rain while riding even it is summer.

As I said before, I like the suit but don't understand the point why the pants have a liner but not the jacket.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 06-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #345
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

We brought the REV'IT! Sirocco Back

Hi all,

After an outcry from our loyal ADV following, we brought the REV'IT! Sirocco Mesh Jacket back from the dead for 2010 - after REV'IT! closed it out last year!

For those of you new to the Sirocco, it is an All Season, 3/4 Touring Length, has a removable wind /waterproof and thermal liner and has about 60% of the outer shell done in Dynax Mesh.

This Jacket has an extreme all season approach but is specifically suited to perform in hot weather while being protective at a very much upgraded level. It has Pro Life CE2 Armor standard.

It was originally brought into the states at $429, but we have a full sized stock and are selling the light-grey version for $379.

Shoot me a line with any questions. We are pretty fired up to have these exclusively at RevZilla.com.

The REV'IT! Sirocco was also worn by Jack Broomall on his Philly - Anchorage, AK Adventure last Spring. Check out 2 Wheels 2 Alaska...

Two Wheels Down -

BoochZilla

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R