ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #361
traveltoad
Aaron S
 
traveltoad's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: San Fernando Valley
Oddometer: 6,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla
You got it toad!
Made the call this morning... once again TeamZilla has exceeded my expectations!!! Thanks again!
__________________
Mixing gas and haulin' ass.
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #362
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Thanks Toad.

Glad the Team didn't let you down.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad
Made the call this morning... once again TeamZilla has exceeded my expectations!!! Thanks again!
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #363
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
REV'IT! Summer Sale

REV'IT! Is running a summer gear sale on the Turbine, Phoenix and Giri.

Click the picture to see our thread with the items up to 23% off.

__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-11-2014 at 12:42 PM Reason: Updating
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #364
supraman66
n00b
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Oddometer: 1
Turbine pants

Anthony,

Was reading the reviews on the turbine pants and saw that someone said that the were fairings scratchers. It seems odd that there was only one reviewer with this comment so I ask, any truth to this? Imride an RT an will have my knees on the fairings which are a matte finish.

Thanks for the help!

Chris
supraman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #365
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hi Chris,

The answer is very much determined by riding position, bike and fairing configuration for your setup.

Other than that one review, we have not received that feedback from anyone since, nor had we heard it before - we've probably sold a few hundred pairs.

All things considered, the Superfabric panel is on the front of the knee and it is very tough. I can scratch if it has direct / continued contact.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraman66
Anthony,

Was reading the reviews on the turbine pants and saw that someone said that the were fairings scratchers. It seems odd that there was only one reviewer with this comment so I ask, any truth to this? Imride an RT an will have my knees on the fairings which are a matte finish.

Thanks for the help!

Chris
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #366
loeky
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Oddometer: 226
Infinity Suit

Sort of getting sold on this. I have a set of Cayenne gear for trips, but the suit might work good for daily commuting... and trips.

Can you help give some insight into sizing? I'm 5'8" and weighing in at 145pds [thx P90X!] with a 31" waist and 30-31" inseam.

Sitting on a high bike like my 990, I'd like to make sure my junk isn't put in a pickle and the leg cuffs up to my knees.

Any insight into how these really 'ride' would be grand. :]
__________________
Matt N.
loeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #367
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hi Loeky,

A standard Large should do the trick. The fit on this should be a bit loose in the warmer months to give you enough room for adding layers in the cold months. Remember this is a waterproof / breathable shell oversuit.

If you want to discuss further please give me a shout directly at 877 792 9455. Ask for Anthony re: the Infinity from ADV.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeky
Sort of getting sold on this. I have a set of Cayenne gear for trips, but the suit might work good for daily commuting... and trips.

Can you help give some insight into sizing? I'm 5'8" and weighing in at 145pds [thx P90X!] with a 31" waist and 30-31" inseam.

Sitting on a high bike like my 990, I'd like to make sure my junk isn't put in a pickle and the leg cuffs up to my knees.

Any insight into how these really 'ride' would be grand. :]
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #368
keiji
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 1,060
Question about the reviews at your site in general (although it applies to a lot of Rev'it gear as well).

When people review gear, they are allowed the option to select "Fits X size Smaller/Larger".

On a lot of Rev'it reviews, I see that some people select "Fits one size larger" and then state that they had to order a size up in order to get the correct fit.

I interpret this scenario as "fits one size smaller [than the chart indicates]". The remaining reviews are marked and described in this manner.

Which is correct in the eyes of the staff, and is it possible to have this clarified in the instructions for further reviews? Perhaps if the word "fit" was changed to "ordered"? Or require the reviewer to put the expected size according to the chart as well as the size they are wearing? As it is now, I am thoroughly confused by Rev'it sizing.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #369
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hi Keiji,

That's great feedback. It does seem to come down to a mix of usability and semantics on how people think of the fitting process.

You are right as almost all REV'IT! fits "one size smaller" so when buying a customer typically "buys one size larger". Moving forward we do need a better way to normalize how that is presented to and denoted by the customer / end user.

Thanks for the insightful feedback.

Best,

Anthony Bucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji
Question about the reviews at your site in general (although it applies to a lot of Rev'it gear as well).

When people review gear, they are allowed the option to select "Fits X size Smaller/Larger".

On a lot of Rev'it reviews, I see that some people select "Fits one size larger" and then state that they had to order a size up in order to get the correct fit.

I interpret this scenario as "fits one size smaller [than the chart indicates]". The remaining reviews are marked and described in this manner.

Which is correct in the eyes of the staff, and is it possible to have this clarified in the instructions for further reviews? Perhaps if the word "fit" was changed to "ordered"? Or require the reviewer to put the expected size according to the chart as well as the size they are wearing? As it is now, I am thoroughly confused by Rev'it sizing.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #370
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
REV'IT! GTX Gore-Tex Line Unveiled!

On 8/1 we began taking pre-orders and launched pictures and video around the new REV'IT! Gore-Tex line for 2010.



The product is very technical and specific. We started a thread just speaking directly to GTX product line. REV'IT! GTX Gore-tex thread.

You can find the full lineup in our REV'IT! GTX Gore-Tex Gear category.

We are happy to answer questions in either spot.

Anthony
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-11-2014 at 12:43 PM Reason: Updating
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #371
KMmoto1
Adventurer
 
KMmoto1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by supraman66
Anthony,

Was reading the reviews on the turbine pants and saw that someone said that the were fairings scratchers. It seems odd that there was only one reviewer with this comment so I ask, any truth to this? Imride an RT an will have my knees on the fairings which are a matte finish.

Thanks for the help!

Chris
There is truth to this actually. I made the mistake of resting the elbow of my Turbine jacket (with superfabric on the elbows) on top of my tank on my bike to give my back a break on a long ride. I ended up with a whole bunch of very, very small scratches. I was able to buff most of them out with Meguire's Fine Cut Cleaner.

So the super fabric can scratch but as Anthony pointed out in most cases you won't have an issue due to where it is located and where you place your elbows and knees.

-jamie
__________________
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

kilometermagazine.com
Do you like european cars and motorcycles?
KMmoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #372
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Thanks for the nod, Jamie. Well said....


Quote:
Originally Posted by KMmoto1
There is truth to this actually. I made the mistake of resting the elbow of my Turbine jacket (with superfabric on the elbows) on top of my tank on my bike to give my back a break on a long ride. I ended up with a whole bunch of very, very small scratches. I was able to buff most of them out with Meguire's Fine Cut Cleaner.

So the super fabric can scratch but as Anthony pointed out in most cases you won't have an issue due to where it is located and where you place your elbows and knees.

-jamie
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #373
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
MArely Africa Trip Update

Official Press Release Today from REV'IT! about the Marley Africa Trip and the REV'IT Gore-Tex Line



Check out a couple custom REV'IT! Defender GTX Colors in the Picture.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-11-2014 at 12:43 PM Reason: Updating
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:46 PM   #374
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Last of the REV'IT! GORE-TEX

Aside from a few base layers and a glove that will have a hard knuckle when it is released (Alaska GTX), all of the new 2010 REV'IT! Gore-Tex Gear pictures and info have been dropped into our "REV'IT! Gore-Tex Gear Unveiled" thread.



I know many who are truly interested have seen the discussion up and down in vendors for the last week or so, but I wanted to make sure that the folks who are not frequenters but are subscribers to this thread got the note.

Questions on the GTX line on this thread or the other are welcome. We are expecting big things from the new line. We'll keep you posted.

You can find the whole REV'IT! Gore-Tex Line on RevZilla.com.

Anthony
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-11-2014 at 12:44 PM Reason: Updating
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #375
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
REV'IT! Defender GTX and Cayenne Pro Comparison

I just broke down the difference between the REV'IT! Cayenne Pro and the New REV'IT! Defender GTX on our REV'IT! Gore-Tex Gear Thread.



If you are not sure about your winter adv outfit, or whether you are keeping your Cayenne Pro or upgrading to the Defender GTX check out our handiwork.

Hopefully it makes it easier.

Click here for the Defender GTX and Cayenne Pro Comparison

-Anthony
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014