Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #541
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I'm in! This gives me plenty of time to work it out with the wife, and get my boys at work ready. This would also be a good shake down cruise on the new Yamaha Pass along all my contact info to Alpinestars, and yes I'm serious

Jim
yeah i'm serious too.
jim and I can meet up.
it will be Jim and OMG_WTF's Excellent Adventure !
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #542
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Bill S. Preston Esquire. Ted "Theodore" Logan.

So who get to be who?

...and for god's sake put a shirt on that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
yeah i'm serious too.
jim and I can meet up.
it will be Jim and OMG_WTF's Excellent Adventure !

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #543
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Bill S. Preston Esquire. Ted "Theodore" Logan.

So who get to be who?

...and for god's sake put a shirt on that guy.
San Dimas! There's no there, there

ReallY? I mean OMG_WTF?
http://www.billandted.org/
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #544
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 617
Hey Anthony,
Just curious, maybe a silly question but what's the idea behind the extra conjoining zipper on the rain liner on my Navigator jacket?
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #545
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

The extra main connection zipper that runs vertically down the front?

Not sure one you are referring to.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN PHENIX View Post
Hey Anthony,
Just curious, maybe a silly question but what's the idea behind the extra conjoining zipper on the rain liner on my Navigator jacket?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #546
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Quote:
Hey Anthony,
Quote:
The extra main connection zipper that runs vertically down the front?

Not sure one you are referring to.

Anthony
It's the short zip in the back that connects to the pants. As you can see, there's another one on the rain liner that would not hold the outer jacket down in a slide. Am I missing something?

IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 AM   #547
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Ahhh -

So if you have a pair of compatible REVIT! pants you can go shell-to-shell and waterproof liner to waterproof liner to ensure waterproof liners stay in place and create their elemental barriers.

Let me know if that answers your question or what else I could answer.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
It's the short zip in the back that connects to the pants. As you can see, there's another one on the rain liner that would not hold the outer jacket down in a slide. Am I missing something?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #548
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Quote:
Ahhh -

So if you have a pair of compatible REVIT! pants you can go shell-to-shell and waterproof liner to waterproof liner to ensure waterproof liners stay in place and create their elemental barriers.

Let me know if that answers your question or what else I could answer.

Thanks,

Anthony
Ok, which pants have this feature? Do you have pics or a video showing how this works?

My pants are Dakar. If I connect the zip on the outer layer, the tail of the rain liner stays bunched up right above it. If I zip the zip on the rain liner, there's nothing to hold the outer layer and back pad in place in a get off.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #549
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Ken,

We don't have a video specific covering it. You would go Jacket outer Shell to Pants shell and you would connect Jacket Liner to Jacket liner.

I find it easiest to lay the outfit on the floor and zip it while it's off. Once you have it on it will be really difficult to do.

Once zipped, the 2-piece essentially functions as a full suit and will cover you in the most extreme of all weather conditions. For the casual day-tripper the extra connection step may or may not be overkill.

Dakar, Sand, Cayenne Pro, Defender and Everest outfits should all have this feature. Let me know if you were looking at something different and we will double check it for you.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote:
Ok, which pants have this feature? Do you have pics or a video showing how this works?

My pants are Dakar. If I connect the zip on the outer layer, the tail of the rain liner stays bunched up right above it. If I zip the zip on the rain liner, there's nothing to hold the outer layer and back pad in place in a get off.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-17-2011, 06:41 PM   #550
KEN PHENIX
"CERTIFIABLE"

Quote:
Hey Ken,

We don't have a video specific covering it. You would go Jacket outer Shell to Pants shell and you would connect Jacket Liner to Jacket liner.

I find it easiest to lay the outfit on the floor and zip it while it's off. Once you have it on it will be really difficult to do.

Once zipped, the 2-piece essentially functions as a full suit and will cover you in the most extreme of all weather conditions. For the casual day-tripper the extra connection step may or may not be overkill.

Dakar, Sand, Cayenne Pro, Defender and Everest outfits should all have this feature. Let me know if you were looking at something different and we will double check it for you.

Anthony
I guess my earlier (2007) Dakar pants don't have this feature. That's ok, it's still great gear.
Thanks
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

Old 01-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #551
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Shoot Ken, they may have been early. If there is no zipper on the rain liner in the pants, that sounds like the case.

I think some people use the feature and some don't. I don't think you are giving up a dramatic feature by not having it, it's just a nice to have in the driving rain if you have time to plan before you go out in it.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
I guess my earlier (2007) Dakar pants don't have this feature. That's ok, it's still great gear.
Thanks

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #552
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT! Ranger Jacket

Hey All,

We have some exclusive REV'IT! news. We recently worked a deal to bring the REV'IT! Ranger Gore Windstopper Jacket into the states.

The Ranger is the big brother to the old Digital which was a lighter weight softshell which worked so well for so long. The Ranger is the step up from the current model REV'IT! Samurai Gore Windstopper composite shell.

The Original MSRP on these guys was $300, but we have them for $269 as a RevZilla Exclusive.

We have a full Video Review coming soon.

For the time being, check out our Schuberth SRC Review which is the only video that I am wearing the REV'IT! Ranger Jacket in.

As always all questions welcome.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #553
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
Yo Anthony!

Looks like I am getting a fat check from Uncle Sam, so I am looking to upgrade my kit. I'm a looking to go to a GoreTex shell jacket and am thinking of a "Stitch", the Rev'It Everest GTX or going all in and getting the Klim Adventure Rally. I have a 1200 GSA and I ride all the time rain or shine all year. I am on the bike every day, so long as there is no snow or ice on the roads. I want something that will give me room to layer up in my Gerbing's and still be comfortable. So what do you think about the Rev'It Vs. the Klim? Is the Klim really worth the extra cheese or is it just overkill? How do they compare for fit, comfort, and ventilation.

Oh and I'm kind of a fat ass so I wear a 3x in Rev'It. I can layer up under my Dragon jacket, but I feel like the Michelin man when I do.
Thanks

Larry

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285

Tn. Walrus screwed with this post 01-25-2011 at 10:07 AM
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:09 AM   #554
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Larry,

It will tell you that both the Rally and the Everest will be a more updated design both aesthetically and technically to the stich, but you have to ask yourself how important that is. It's also the 1-piece option, so for the purpose of this discussion I am going to let that sleeping dog lie. Those who want 1-piece, know the trade off's and benefits.

For the type of riding you do either of the Jackets will perform awesome and have the waterproof outer shell part down pat - without the need to install a liner or reach for the oversuit - just close your vents when it rains.

I think the key design difference on this matchup is that the Everest GTX is really designed to perform superbly as a cross over between on-road touring and enduro type riding. The Klim Adeventure Rally is happiest standing on the pegs on the dirt over long distances. It's a heavier exterior and the fit is meant for a armor compression suit as well as knee armor to be worn underneath. Also the internal harness integrated backpack system is an added feature / cost that you have to ask yourself if you need.

I think the Everest uses the best materials available while remaining well rounded, while the Rally just goes for it in the off road sense. I think due to its lighter weight and less "crunchy" construction the Everest will be an easier garment for every day as well as be less taxing in the summer heat. It also uses the 3L Cool heat reflective black. The Rally on the other hand has Talisman Fabric which is just plain gnarly and protective in the shoulders and seat, but does add weight to an already very heavy-duty shell.

Also if you are not planning on wearing a compression suit, you will need to pick up a set of d3o armor for the Rally which is an extra cost, is molecular, but in my opinion not quite as premium as the SAS-TEC on the Everest.

They both should accommodate your Gerbings / liners well. The Everest does come with the REV'IT! removable Exkin Air Liner - super warm, and super thin synthetic hollow-fill fiber liner. It will take you quite deep before your Gerbings are necessary.

Bottom line, unless you need some of the true offroad features of the Adventure Rally (because you spend that much time offroad) or you just want to have them at your disposal, the Everest is my favorite option for crossover riding from commuting to dualsporting.

Happy to further the conversation. This was my quick first pass.

-Anthony

I am sure you have seen our vids, but for anyone else following this conversation here are the breakdowns of the two all-season premium outfits.:

REV'IT! Everest GTX Suit

Klim Adventure Rally Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
Yo Anthony!

Looks like I am getting a fat check from Uncle Sam, so I am looking to upgrade my kit. I'm a looking to go to a GoreTex shell jacket and am thinking of a "Stitch", the Rev'It Everest GTX or going all in and getting the Klim Adventure Rally. I have a 1200 GSA and I ride all the time rain or shine all year. I am on the bike every day, so long as there is no snow or ice on the roads. I want something that will give me room to layer up in my Gerbing's and still be comfortable. So what do you think about the Rev'It Vs. the Klim? Is the Klim really worth the extra cheese or is it just overkill? How do they compare for fit, comfort, and ventilation.

Oh and I'm kind of a fat ass so I wear a 3x in Rev'It. I can layer up under my Dragon jacket, but I feel like the Michelin man when I do.
Thanks

Larry

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 01-25-2011 at 11:16 AM
Old 01-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #555
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,032
Quote:
Hey All,

We have some exclusive REV'IT! news. We recently worked a deal to bring the REV'IT! Ranger Gore Windstopper Jacket into the states.

The Ranger is the big brother to the old Digital which was a lighter weight softshell which worked so well for so long. The Ranger is the step up from the current model REV'IT! Samurai Gore Windstopper composite shell.

The Original MSRP on these guys was $300, but we have them for $269 as a RevZilla Exclusive.

We have a full Video Review coming soon.

For the time being, check out our Schuberth SRC Review which is the only video that I am wearing the REV'IT! Ranger Jacket in.

As always all questions welcome.

Anthony
At first, I thought $269 for a soft shell then I read your description on your site.

This jacket alone could do the job of both the insulating layer and the membrane, compared to jackets with removable liners.

Really? That changes things... What is the ranger using for a main zipper to keep rain out?
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote