Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 05:18 PM   #556
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
Thanks Anthony, I've seen the videos (they are great) but I needed some hands on insight. The bulk of the use is going to be fall,winter,spring riding around town with a long distance trip thrown in a couple of times a year. Hopefully to the mountains or the great white north, with some light off road thrown in. As I get the skill set I will increase the amount and difficulty of off road. I live in Memphis, so mesh in the summer is a must. That means two sets of gear, one for summer and one for fall/winter/spring. I don't want to have to buy a third set of gear for trips and off road too. I would rather pay top $$ for great gear up front.

Thanks for the help

Larry

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #557
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
Hey Larry,

Thanks for the further insight into your thinking. In Memphis.. (damn just reminded me I haven't been to Corkys in forever).. you are good with a mesh outfit for the summer.

So the weight of the shell is less of an issue for F-W-S riding as most times it will be moderate-cool-cold.

I think either one of these piece will serve you well. They are both extremely well designed, protective and thought out. The difference is the primary positioning. The Klim is an Offroad Suit suited for crossover, whereas the REV'IT! is a Road suit with the ability to crossover. I also look at the Klim as a technical shell vs the REV'IT! which is more of a complete package off the hanger.

If you would like to call in, I would be happy to chat with you. I have some time today. I know it's a big decision.

My extension is 101. If for some reason I don't pick up, go ahead and leave a message and I will call you back.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
Thanks Anthony, I've seen the videos (they are great) but I needed some hands on insight. The bulk of the use is going to be fall,winter,spring riding around town with a long distance trip thrown in a couple of times a year. Hopefully to the mountains or the great white north, with some light off road thrown in. As I get the skill set I will increase the amount and difficulty of off road. I live in Memphis, so mesh in the summer is a must. That means two sets of gear, one for summer and one for fall/winter/spring. I don't want to have to buy a third set of gear for trips and off road too. I would rather pay top $$ for great gear up front.

Thanks for the help

Larry

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #558
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

JW!

Good to see you raise your head. I know you are always lurking ;-)

The key difference is that the shell is water resistant vs waterproof - it is windproof however via gore windstopper.

Also the thermal is solid, but not as warm as say an Exkin Air or Thermolite quilted liner.

I have worn my Ranger under my Defender a bunch this winter, but have used the Gore-Tex Defender liner in the rain.

This shell is a big investment, but it is really well designed and functional. It's 100% the super-geek tech softshell. I was all excited when mine showed up in October.

I am shooting the Ranger video tomorrow. Look for it next week.

Hope all is well, bud.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
At first, I thought $269 for a soft shell then I read your description on your site.

This jacket alone could do the job of both the insulating layer and the membrane, compared to jackets with removable liners.

Really? That changes things... What is the ranger using for a main zipper to keep rain out?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #559
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,585
Anthony,
I have a pair of the turbine pants but the new tornados look interesting due to the long zipper and different cut. The tordado pants look to be the same or better (more mesh area on the back). Is there something about them that makes them not as good as the turbines? Asking due to the pricing difference. I'd probably be into a pair if the length is good. I like them to be longer so they don't ride up on the boot when seated.
The sizing information looks to be the same (no mention of different cut vs sizing change) so would I just order the same size I have or need to change? Sorry, don't recall the size offhand but I'm 5'10". 168 or so and wear 33/34 x 34 jeans...36 length for bootcut wranglers.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 PM   #560
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
JW!

Good to see you raise your head. I know you are always lurking ;-)

The key difference is that the shell is water resistant vs waterproof - it is windproof however via gore windstopper.

Also the thermal is solid, but not as warm as say an Exkin Air or Thermolite quilted liner.

I have worn my Ranger under my Defender a bunch this winter, but have used the Gore-Tex Defender liner in the rain.

This shell is a big investment, but it is really well designed and functional. It's 100% the super-geek tech softshell. I was all excited when mine showed up in October.

I am shooting the Ranger video tomorrow. Look for it next week.

Hope all is well, bud.

Anthony
Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks. Speaking of Super Geek Tech, I have a really geeky thought. Check your PM's..
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #561
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger

Oddometer: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hey Larry,

Thanks for the further insight into your thinking. In Memphis.. (damn just reminded me I haven't been to Corkys in forever).. you are good with a mesh outfit for the summer.

So the weight of the shell is less of an issue for F-W-S riding as most times it will be moderate-cool-cold.

I think either one of these piece will serve you well. They are both extremely well designed, protective and thought out. The difference is the primary positioning. The Klim is an Offroad Suit suited for crossover, whereas the REV'IT! is a Road suit with the ability to crossover. I also look at the Klim as a technical shell vs the REV'IT! which is more of a complete package off the hanger.

If you would like to call in, I would be happy to chat with you. I have some time today. I know it's a big decision.

My extension is 101. If for some reason I don't pick up, go ahead and leave a message and I will call you back.

Best,

Anthony

Thanks for the help. I'm still working over what I want. I'm really leaning towards the Klim suit. I like the venting on it better, and I like the built in bladder. I've got a Rev'It Dragon jacket that I love, but I have found I really don't use the liners. When it's really cold I wear my Gerbing's or just a sweat shirt. The liners are good, but I like to layer with other cloths more than using the zip in thermal. With a shell like the Klim, it's looks roomy enough to build an "A La Carte" layering system under it that will do double duty off the bike. Right now I am going to set the money aside and wait a few months and see if I can loose a few more pounds before I pull the trigger. When the check comes in though, I will be calling to order a Schuberth lid for sure.

The Ranger jacket is very cool. I've been a soft shell fan for years. In fact I've got an Arcteryx soft shell that occasionally does double duty on the bike. It kind of goes back to the A La Carte layering I was talking about. With the right hard shell you can run a good fleece pull over or jacket, or move to a soft shell as a mid layer. It gives you lots of options to build a system that works for all kinds of weather and is functional when you get to your destination.

If you get down Memphis way I will take you for some great ribs at the Redezvous. I am planning on being in Pa. for the BMW MOA rally, and then heading over to Jersey to see my son. I will try to stop in the shop when I'm in Phili.

Take care

Larry

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285

Tn. Walrus screwed with this post 01-26-2011 at 11:17 PM
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #562
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey SC,

The cut of the REV'IT! Tornado Jacket and REV'IT! Tornado Pants is slightly more generous, but not different enough to warrant changing sizes from what we have seen.

The REV'IT! Turbine Outfit is going to be a bit more tech touring in style and in function while the Tornados are more cross over for touring, sport touring, everyday. The new mesh on the Tornado Jacket and Pants is more akin to REV'IT!'s Air Mesh than the Dynax Mesh on the Turbine. Dynax flows slightly less air but has a higher abrasion resistance rating.

In short the Turbine outfit was meant to be the mix of bombproof protection and hot weather breathability for the gear geek. The Tornado will appeal to many more types of riding is a little bit more generous cut, offers a more reasonable price with protection which is not entry level but also not extreme in the REV'IT! line.

My gut is you will be a 50 Long, but I need you to take a measurement around the circumference of your body at your belly button if you would like me to be sure.... or you could track down those Turbines if you still have them and roll with that size. They are both numerically men's sized.

I am sure you have seen the vid, but for anyone else reading this who has not seen the new Tornado Jacket and Pants Combo see below. It also comes in Womens.

Let me know how else I could help.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCflyer View Post
Anthony,
I have a pair of the turbine pants but the new tornados look interesting due to the long zipper and different cut. The tordado pants look to be the same or better (more mesh area on the back). Is there something about them that makes them not as good as the turbines? Asking due to the pricing difference. I'd probably be into a pair if the length is good. I like them to be longer so they don't ride up on the boot when seated.
The sizing information looks to be the same (no mention of different cut vs sizing change) so would I just order the same size I have or need to change? Sorry, don't recall the size offhand but I'm 5'10". 168 or so and wear 33/34 x 34 jeans...36 length for bootcut wranglers.

Thanks

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-11-2014 at 01:38 PM Reason: Updating
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #563
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Larry,

After that last pass, it seems that the Adventure Rally is the way to go. The shell flexibility and functional add-ons are on your radar. Most people think they want a bomproof shell, then don't realize that it takes more thought planning and investment in other layers to get the most out of the configuration. You are not in this group, you obviously understand the "why" behind the design. :-) I usually try to be overly cautious with the Rally, as it takes someone like you to really understand the garment and get the most of it. Most people are just not as tech oriented.

Arcteryx makes awesome stuff. I was an outdoorsman before I found motorcycling so I know many of those brands well.

Deal on Memphis. Also we will be at the MOA Rally in force. Let me know if you are coming through Philly. I am here everyday.

Keep me posted.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
Thanks for the help. I'm still working over what I want. I'm really leaning towards the Klim suit. I like the venting on it better, and I like the built in bladder. I've got a Rev'It Dragon jacket that I love, but I have found I really don't use the liners. When it's really cold I wear my Gerbing's or just a sweat shirt. The liners are good, but I like to layer with other cloths more than using the zip in thermal. With a shell like the Klim, it's looks roomy enough to build an "A La Carte" layering system under it that will do double duty off the bike. Right now I am going to set the money aside and wait a few months and see if I can loose a few more pounds before I pull the trigger. When the check comes in though, I will be calling to order a Schuberth lid for sure.

The Ranger jacket is very cool. I've been a soft shell fan for years. In fact I've got an Arcteryx soft shell that occasionally does double duty on the bike. It kind of goes back to the A La Carte layering I was talking about. With the right hard shell you can run a good fleece pull over or jacket, or move to a soft shell as a mid layer. It gives you lots of options to build a system that works for all kinds of weather and is functional when you get to your destination.

If you get down Memphis way I will take you for some great ribs at the Redezvous. I am planning on being in Pa. for the BMW MOA rally, and then heading over to Jersey to see my son. I will try to stop in the shop when I'm in Phili.

Take care

Larry

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 01-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #564
Clarkman
Don't taze me bro.

Oddometer: 518
Rev'It Sirocco

Hi Anthony,

I was curious if you guys would be recieving another shipment of Rev'It Sirocco jackets any time soon? I sort of have a hankerin' for the light grey/silver jacket in XL, but it looks like most sizes and colors are sold out. I've currently got a black tourmaster jacket - and I'm not doing that again... Great in winter, gnarly in the summer.

Living in Albuquerque, it looks like that light grey/silver would fit the bill perfectly, and I love the looks.

thanks!
scott.

Clarkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #565
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Scott,

Just flew in from Chicago, sorry to keep you waiting over the weekend.

The Siroccos are toast unfortunately. If that changes will be on it but for the time being, its a "no".

Let me know if I can help you find a suitable alternative. We are mournignt he loss of the Sirocco, it was sweet option.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkman View Post
Hi Anthony,

I was curious if you guys would be recieving another shipment of Rev'It Sirocco jackets any time soon? I sort of have a hankerin' for the light grey/silver jacket in XL, but it looks like most sizes and colors are sold out. I've currently got a black tourmaster jacket - and I'm not doing that again... Great in winter, gnarly in the summer.

Living in Albuquerque, it looks like that light grey/silver would fit the bill perfectly, and I love the looks.

thanks!
scott.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #566
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

We're giving away heated gear this month!

Hey Guys,

We will be giving away a lot of ADV gear this year. I wanted to put our contest(s) on everyone's radar. This is our first one for Feb.

This month we are giving away $469.99 in Heated Gear. Also we are giving away 2 RevZilla Gift Card Second Prizes.

Check out our monthly gear contests at http://www.revzilla.com/win?utm_sour...a&utm_term=566

To enter you create a rider profile and let us know what you ride!

Also check out our February New Gear and New Sales Video for 2011. Pardon the cheeky intro, but we are based in PA and Groundhog day is tomorrow.

Check out all the New and Sale Gear at RevZilla.com

All feedback welcome.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-11-2014 at 01:40 PM Reason: Updating
Old 02-02-2011, 03:18 PM   #567
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT! Ranger WSP Softshell

Hey Guys,

As promised here is the video review of the Ranger WSP Gore Windstopper Jacket at RevZilla.com. As I mentioned we are the only ones in North America that have this Jacket.

I have been wearing it for 3 months. It's quite the piece.

All questions or comments welcome.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 12-11-2014 at 01:41 PM Reason: Updating
Old 02-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #568
jerbelgium
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Hi all,

can anybody inform me about the american revit pants sizes compared to the european ones - is XL the same in size?

sounds like a stupid question, but you never know............

hope somebody can help me out because the revit price in the US are currently better (read: cheaper) then over here...........

Looking by the way for the grey revit sand pants in size XL - somebody with good prices?

thanks in advance

Jer
jerbelgium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #569
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Jer,

The sizing / models will be the same cross-continent. We always say that REV'IT! is cut for a Euro body type :-)

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbelgium View Post
Hi all,

can anybody inform me about the american revit pants sizes compared to the european ones - is XL the same in size?

sounds like a stupid question, but you never know............

hope somebody can help me out because the revit price in the US are currently better (read: cheaper) then over here...........

Looking by the way for the grey revit sand pants in size XL - somebody with good prices?

thanks in advance

Jer

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
Old 02-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #570
hootch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Great company

I bought some Rev'it pants from these folks last year. Great pricing and customer service.
hootch is offline   Reply With Quote