ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #571
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco
 
inmate-n00b's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 1,006
What's the difference between the Shoei Hornet DS Sonora and Shoei Hornet DS , besides the paint scheme and significant discount on the Sonora?
EDIT: I just bought one..along with some tire changing junk ..... price was just too dam good + teamzilla points. winner....

inmate-n00b screwed with this post 02-06-2011 at 07:43 PM
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #572
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hey OMG,

You beat me to the punch. Sonora was just a graphic. Same lid :-)

Glad our setup worked for you.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF View Post
What's the difference between the Shoei Hornet DS Sonora and Shoei Hornet DS , besides the paint scheme and significant discount on the Sonora?
EDIT: I just bought one..along with some tire changing junk ..... price was just too dam good + teamzilla points. winner....
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #573
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hey Hootch,

The pricing is easy, thanks for noticing the customer support, that's the one that takes the real work.

Best,

Anthony


Quote:
Originally Posted by hootch View Post
I bought some Rev'it pants from these folks last year. Great pricing and customer service.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #574
loph917
Beard Bros Racing
 
loph917's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: state of pain and confusion
Oddometer: 4,466
n00b question

are the cayenne pro pants supposed to be worn without anything underneath them? as in, just my skivvies?
loph917 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #575
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hi Loph,

You could maybe stretch them into an overpant with the liners out depending on your build, but they are traditionally meant to be worn over underwear or a tech / wicking base layer.

If you 100% wanted them as an overpant, I would consider going a size up.

Best,

Anthony


Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
are the cayenne pro pants supposed to be worn without anything underneath them? as in, just my skivvies?
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #576
loph917
Beard Bros Racing
 
loph917's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: state of pain and confusion
Oddometer: 4,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hi Loph,

You could maybe stretch them into an overpant with the liners out depending on your build, but they are traditionally meant to be worn over underwear or a tech / wicking base layer.

If you 100% wanted them as an overpant, I would consider going a size up.

Best,

Anthony
thought so, thanks. they fit (snug around the waist) without jeans on. if i go up to the next size, 2xl long, i'm afraid the armor just won't sit were it is supposed to go ... so i guess i need to stop drinking so much beer.
loph917 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #577
DuMar
SuperTourer
 
DuMar's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: The Wet Coast, Canada
Oddometer: 7
Defender GTX Questions

Hi Anthony,

I recently purchased the Sidi Adventure Rain boots and RevíIt! Bastion gloves from RevZilla, and was very pleased with the transaction. Thanks. Unfortunately the boots wouldnít accept my wide feet and I had to return them for a larger size, but no worries, the new ones fit great.

Iím now in the market for a new jacket and pants and need to bounce a couple things off you: Iíve been primarily adventure touring for the last couple years in mostly good weather, and now want to start commuting (75km round trip) for as much of the year as possible as well. I live in an area of the Pacific North West where we can expect to get almost 2400mm of annual precipitation (thatís almost eight feet for the metrically challenged out there), so obviously need to think carefully about my choice in gear. I was quite serious about the Cayenne Pro, but when the Defender GTX showed up I dropped the Cayenne like a hot pepper. Would you consider this gear a good choice for commuting on a daily basis through all kinds of weather, or is it more geared to off road/adventure touring activity? Iím also concerned about the fit of the jacket. I had an opportunity to try one on at the show last month and find Iím between size L and XL. The XL feels too big and bulky. The L fits real nice except for minor tightness across the shoulders when I bring my elbows together, and Iím concerned it wonít allow any room for layering in colder weather. How cold can I go in this jacket without additional layers? And last but not least; will you throw in the SAS-TEC back protector if I purchase the jacket and pants together?

Best regards,
Mike
__________________
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing." AE
DuMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #578
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hey DuMar,

Great questions. Also thanks for the nod on our service.

With regard to the Cayenne vs the Defender, the the GORE-TEX in the Defender will do two things much better than the Hydratex-Z in the Cayenne Pro. The GTX will breath better, it has more micro pores per square inch. So whatever the conditions that you are sweating inside the coat, the Gore-Tex membrane allows you to breath better than anything on the market. Also the GTX membrane is guaranteed waterproof FOR LIFE. That's the Gore guarantee. And that is what you pay for in the extra cost. The Defender does a better job of venting vs the Cayenne as it has the newer style vent scheme and 3d mesh like the Sand.

Now with regard to commuting vs adventuring.... the Defender, Cayenne Pro and Everest are all 4 season Jackets. With the fully removable liners (waterproof and thermal) the Defender and Cayenne Pro will do better in the Summer. The Everest GTX has the Gore-Tex liner built into the shell and is a heavier shell material (Gore Armacore), the Everest's shell will not breath as well in the Summer, but will be easier to work with in the Pacific North West.

I say "easier to work with" as I believe that the Pacific North West is the ideal climate for non-removable waterproof liners, ie bonded to the outer shell. There are some folks who like the ability in areas with frequent rain to just close the vents and continue on, vs break out a internal liner that needs to be added. In REV'IT!'s lineup, the Everest GTX, Legacy GTX and Energy HV all have their waterproof liner's built in and include removable Thermal.

I don't want to open up a can of worms here, but in the PNW, you should weigh out how often you will "get caught" in the rain vs leave the house knowing it will rain. It makes a difference if you will be ok for hunting for a liner in an impromtu cloud burst.

Also note that the Defender GTX and Cayenne Pro Shells have a DWR coating to help water bead and be repelled, but the true waterproofing is in the removable liners. In extended precip the shell will absorb some water and gain some weight. The options with built in waterproofing do not have this issue.

For a full breakdown on the liners and set up on all of these, you should definitely watch the videos on them. I could write a novel here. They are all on the product pages at RevZilla.com/revit

Lastly with regard to thermal, the REV'IT! gear fits snugly, but you should buy the size that is most comfortable with it configured in the way you will ride in it most often ie, liners in and liners out. I like you am right inbetween. I am a L with liners out and XL with liners in on my defender. I ultimately went with the XL. In the summer I have a a mesh, I use my Defender for 3 season cold riding or the occasional longer "tour" in the summer.

With regard to cold, the Exkin Air liner in the Defender, Cayenne Pro and Everest is Dynamite. Very thin and extremely warm. I have taken mine below 35 comfortably, but everyones tolerance for cold is different. You should not need to really layer up besides a tech thermal shirt under the Exkin thermal layer. It's very effective. I know a lot of folks (including myself on occasion) who ride under 20 degs regularly and many of them will end up grabbing a heated vest or jacket liner at that point and wearing in place of the Exkin Thermal liner.

Feel free to fire back. I have included the videos for the Defender and Everest below.

Thanks,

Anthony

REV'IT! Defender GTX Jacket


Defender Liner Breakdown


REV'IT! Everest GTX Jacket



Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMar View Post
Hi Anthony,

I recently purchased the Sidi Adventure Rain boots and RevíIt! Bastion gloves from RevZilla, and was very pleased with the transaction. Thanks. Unfortunately the boots wouldnít accept my wide feet and I had to return them for a larger size, but no worries, the new ones fit great.

Iím now in the market for a new jacket and pants and need to bounce a couple things off you: Iíve been primarily adventure touring for the last couple years in mostly good weather, and now want to start commuting (75km round trip) for as much of the year as possible as well. I live in an area of the Pacific North West where we can expect to get almost 2400mm of annual precipitation (thatís almost eight feet for the metrically challenged out there), so obviously need to think carefully about my choice in gear. I was quite serious about the Cayenne Pro, but when the Defender GTX showed up I dropped the Cayenne like a hot pepper. Would you consider this gear a good choice for commuting on a daily basis through all kinds of weather, or is it more geared to off road/adventure touring activity? Iím also concerned about the fit of the jacket. I had an opportunity to try one on at the show last month and find Iím between size L and XL. The XL feels too big and bulky. The L fits real nice except for minor tightness across the shoulders when I bring my elbows together, and Iím concerned it wonít allow any room for layering in colder weather. How cold can I go in this jacket without additional layers? And last but not least; will you throw in the SAS-TEC back protector if I purchase the jacket and pants together?

Best regards,
Mike
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #579
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Golden, CO
Oddometer: 298
Anthony,

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Everest and have a few questions. Some you may know already and some may be premature since it's not shipping yet. Since you have had the opportunity to ride and play with one I was wondering just how heavy the jacket is compared to the Defender (or CP). Not really looking for hard numbers but rather a gut feeling. How about sizing compared to Defender or CP. I do a XL in the Defender and CP w/ liners in. XXL fits comfortably in both but the armor is not secure and moves around. The TFL coating, does it "wash out" over time or should one expect it to last the life of the jacket? You guys still looking at delivery in the next month or has it been pushed back? I've already got the e-mail notice set up but am curious how far out it still is. My big problem is deciding between the silver and black but black will probably win out. Yellow bug guts look better on black.
__________________
2010 BMW F800GS Lava Orange (Sold)
2002 Kawasaki ZX6-E (Sold)
rhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #580
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger
 
Tn. Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Oddometer: 303
Anthony, I get my tax return back in a week. Will you be able to get the Klim adventure rally jacket, grey XL, and pants, Grey 40 reg ? According to your web site you are out of stock.
__________________
Forever West ....Murphy says NO!

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #581
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hey TN,

They were pre-booked and should be coming in soon. Only some of the sizes have arrived.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
Anthony, I get my tax return back in a week. Will you be able to get the Klim adventure rally jacket, grey XL, and pants, Grey 40 reg ? According to your web site you are out of stock.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #582
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
Hello Mr Hicks,

The outershell is going to be more "stiff" than the Defender, but is by no means "crunchy" like the Klim Adv Rally. With the Everest having the Gore-Tex Liner bonded to the outershell, it does pick up some added thickness as compared the Ripstop Cordura on the Defender. Also the fit should be very similar. I had the similar experience in both.

The 3L TFL Cool is a sun / heat reflective coating which should not wear off, but I have REV'IT! checking on it.

Also the Everests are slated to arrive around March 10th 2011.

Let me know what else I could clarify on.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhicks View Post
Anthony,

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Everest and have a few questions. Some you may know already and some may be premature since it's not shipping yet. Since you have had the opportunity to ride and play with one I was wondering just how heavy the jacket is compared to the Defender (or CP). Not really looking for hard numbers but rather a gut feeling. How about sizing compared to Defender or CP. I do a XL in the Defender and CP w/ liners in. XXL fits comfortably in both but the armor is not secure and moves around. The TFL coating, does it "wash out" over time or should one expect it to last the life of the jacket? You guys still looking at delivery in the next month or has it been pushed back? I've already got the e-mail notice set up but am curious how far out it still is. My big problem is deciding between the silver and black but black will probably win out. Yellow bug guts look better on black.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:52 PM   #583
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
BTW Fedex showed up 10 minutes after I responded.

All the new Grey ADV Rally Stock is here.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
Anthony, I get my tax return back in a week. Will you be able to get the Klim adventure rally jacket, grey XL, and pants, Grey 40 reg ? According to your web site you are out of stock.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #584
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger
 
Tn. Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Oddometer: 303
Awesome! I just called and placed the order. The guy said it was the first grey ones sold out of this batch!!!

I'm a happy Walrus!
__________________
Forever West ....Murphy says NO!

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #585
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 762
I love it man.

We appreciate your business. Thanks for giving us the ability to earn it.

I want to see pics of you in your new gear posted up here :-)

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tn. Walrus View Post
Awesome! I just called and placed the order. The guy said it was the first grey ones sold out of this batch!!!

I'm a happy Walrus!
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A | RevZilla Career Opportunities

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R

BoochZilla screwed with this post 02-16-2011 at 02:46 PM
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014