Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
No worries mate!

Thanks for the business.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducs2Dirt View Post
Thanks for the replay Anthony! One order of 2XL Sand Jacket and one order of XL Sand pants, coming your way.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #602
Avocet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
I got the Tornado pants I ordered, thanks for the quick service. Unfortunately they aren't really what I expected. I ordered the same size as my old Mistral pants but I'm surprised at how much bulkier the Tornados are. I know you said in your video that they were cut larger than other Rev'it pants, but I didn't realize how much looser and heavier they would be. Also the liner is heavier than I expected. I knew it would be insulated more than the liner in the Mistral pants, but again I wasn't prepared for how much thicker and warmer they would be. Anyway, they seem well made and may be right for some one else, but they aren't what I'm looking for. I guess I was thinking they would be something like an upgraded Mistral, but they are really quite different.

So I'm trying to figure out what would be closer to the Mistral pants. Will the Turbine pants fit more like the Mistrals? I see that their liner is uninsulated, like the Mistrals, so that sounds more like what I want. Thanks for your help.
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #603
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Avo,

Thanks for the honest feedback. I think the touring cut is going to be well received by some and maybe a curveball for previous REV'IT! customers. I can't blame them for trying to widen their fits in a few models - although it makes it a bit tougher for us as certain pants fit isn't apples to apples anymore.

The Turbines will be a step up from the mistrals in both protection, as well as ventilation. They offer more mesh surface area. Their liner is Hydratex and is not thermal at all. I would say that the Turbine will fit in between the Mistral and the Tornado, but much more closely to the Mistral.

Most REV'IT! pants fit just like the Mistrals, but the Turbines and Tornados are two anomalies over the last few years.

I feel like you will know right away about how you feel on the fit, but you probably have to try them on. Pick up a set of Turbines if you like the function of them. If you don't like them you can save on shipping back by sending one box with both. Either way no restocks if you go with neither, just please include the tags and packaging.

Let me know your thoughts.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
I got the Tornado pants I ordered, thanks for the quick service. Unfortunately they aren't really what I expected. I ordered the same size as my old Mistral pants but I'm surprised at how much bulkier the Tornados are. I know you said in your video that they were cut larger than other Rev'it pants, but I didn't realize how much looser and heavier they would be. Also the liner is heavier than I expected. I knew it would be insulated more than the liner in the Mistral pants, but again I wasn't prepared for how much thicker and warmer they would be. Anyway, they seem well made and may be right for some one else, but they aren't what I'm looking for. I guess I was thinking they would be something like an upgraded Mistral, but they are really quite different.

So I'm trying to figure out what would be closer to the Mistral pants. Will the Turbine pants fit more like the Mistrals? I see that their liner is uninsulated, like the Mistrals, so that sounds more like what I want. Thanks for your help.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #604
Avocet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Anthony, Thanks again for your reply. I'll be ordering a pair of Turbine pants and sending the Tornados back. I appreciate your easy return policy.
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #605
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

No worries. Let me know.

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
Anthony, Thanks again for your reply. I'll be ordering a pair of Turbine pants and sending the Tornados back. I appreciate your easy return policy.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-14-2011, 08:45 AM   #606
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

RevZilla's March Madness Contest

While it may be a bit off topic. If you are doing a bracket anyway - jump in our our free pool / contest on Facebook.

Giving away about $350 worth of ZillaCash which equals lots of free gear.

Click Here: RevZilla's 2011 March Madness Contest

Also a bunch of new 2011 REV'IT! Just Landed Late Last Week:

REV'IT! Tarmac, REV'IT! Everest GTX, REV'IT! Tornado <- now fit for human consumption

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #607
Ducs2Dirt
Not quite all there

Oddometer: 168
Bluhduh Round ass-itus

I just got my sand jacket and pants today!

The good and the bad....

The good...the jacket is perfect. A custom fit pretty much.

The bad....the pants are way to tight. I guess while i am XL in most Rev'it dimensions, i have larger upper thighs and a round ass so...i was about 2 inches shy of even trying to zipper up the fly. The pants had the perfect amount of looseness to them, right up until the middle of the quad muscle area where it got really tight.

With that being said a 2XL is in order (maybe even a 3XL for my round ass).

Since im still about a 31" inseam and a normal 2xl puts the inseam at around 33". Would a short 2xl work for me Anthony? I guess that keeps the inseam spec on the money. The length of the pants were spot on but i just need a larger upper thigh /waist area.

I usually wear a size 38x32 jeans or a 36x32 jeans depending on the cut.

Thanks
Ducs2Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:24 PM   #608
Ducs2Dirt
Not quite all there

Also i just whipped out the tape again to get specific. The largest part of my waist is the hips around the largest part of the butt, an inch or 2 below where you would wear jeans normally. It turned out to be 46" with the tape tight. 46.5" with the tape on the loose side. Again, round butt syndrome.

Im not wide at all, kinda of average i think. I just need a larger/deeper waist than i "should have" to accommodate the round cheeks.

I always wear a 36 or 38" jean, but i could always use a bit more room behind the back pockets if you know what im getting at.

I hope this helps describe the situation a bit more and thanks for putting up with me Anthony.

Jon
Old 03-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #609
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

No worries Jon. It's what I am here for... to hear adventure riders describe their asses.

Obviously Kidding...

In all seriousness, let's see what we can come up with based on your specs.

After spending some more time on the chart and your description, without seeing you in person, I think the 2XL Short would be the next bet. The 3XL short is where we go next, but I don't want to start there as I am concerned it would be dramatically bigger and many times to-easy-on is not a good thing on tech apparel.

Best,

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-15-2011, 06:19 AM   #610
Ducs2Dirt
Not quite all there

Thanks for help Anthony! Ill put the RMA request in this morning for a 2XL short exchange.

Im condifent a 2XL should work. Because like i said last night, the fit was perfect in terms of inseam, loose-ness, comfort...etc, but the waist was just too small.

Jon
Old 03-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #611
gonzomup
ChainGang Recidivist

Oddometer: 739
Thanks for the extensive thread covering REV'IT! gear, Anthony. I have a Dakar pant and Off-Track jacket from 2007 that I really like a lot. I need to think about replacing them soon and I'm wondering if you can point me at the current, similar pant and jacket; if you can help with sizing comparisons, too, that would be helpful. I'm a pretty trim and fit guy, so the Euro' sizing and cut of the Dakar and Off-Track were perfect for me. I hope that REV'IT! still has some pieces that are cut similarly.

All-in-all I was pretty pleased with the REV'IT! kit, although I was a bit disappointed in the durability. The pants started to show some wear and seams at the knees started to open up after about a season of daily commuting. (I can't remember, but I think I may have washed the pants in a top-load washer. I realise that's a no-no.) The interior rain layer was a bit of a downer, too at that time; as a daily commuter it was kind of annoying to have to zip it in for heavier rain and then hope the outer layers dried somewhat before my next ride. I realise now that I should have done a better job renewing the DWR, so the limitations there are my own doing.

For those reasons I went to a two-piece Roadcrafter for a season. It's an okay piece of kit, but, frankly, the styling is nonexistent and the technology is a bit dated, not to mention their approach to design is pretty ham-fisted in my opinion. And I actually started to see some wear-and-tear on it, too, so I wasn't impressed with how little I gained in durability for the extra thickness and stiffness of materials. The Roadcrafter kit functioned just fine, but there are things I liked about the REV'IT! kit a helluva lot more -- the fit, the versatility, the suppleness of the pieces, the venting was great...I could go on. All of those reasons are why I really would like to go back to it and give it another go. (Yes, yes, I know some people will flame me about my opinions and experience with the Roadcrafter...tough, they'll have to suck it up; I'm just describing my own experience.)

At any rate, I appreciate any thoughts you can offer. I'm more than happy to dig through the REV'IT! and RevZilla pages for detailed information; I'd just like some help getting pointed in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Bohdan
In short, don't be put off by F800GS reliability reports on the net, or any reliability reports on the net for that matter - a few posts get cross-referenced and before you know it, your electric toaster will kill us all on 31/12/99...
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data."

gonzomup screwed with this post 03-15-2011 at 07:07 PM
gonzomup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:07 AM   #612
gonzomup
ChainGang Recidivist

So I understand that the Sand jacket and pants are the replacement for the Off-track jacket and Dakar pants -- the videos on the RevZilla page are great, by the way! I'm curious if sizing is essentially the same between the two or if something's changed there. Also, the Off-track jacket had two removable ventilation panels at the bottom/side hem of the jacket; does the Sand jacket have this, too, or is the new venting system "all" it has?

Bohdan
In short, don't be put off by F800GS reliability reports on the net, or any reliability reports on the net for that matter - a few posts get cross-referenced and before you know it, your electric toaster will kill us all on 31/12/99...
Old 03-18-2011, 06:23 AM   #613
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Gonz,

Thanks for the patience, I have been pretty slammed for the last few days.

The Sand does not have the removable side areas, but the chest vents and arm vets work quite well.

The Sizing should be similar as the Sand has a more snug euro fit, but it is not as snug as the Cayenne Pro is.

Thanks for the love on the vids. We try. Let me know what else you need my man!

Two Wheels Down,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzomup View Post
So I understand that the Sand jacket and pants are the replacement for the Off-track jacket and Dakar pants -- the videos on the RevZilla page are great, by the way! I'm curious if sizing is essentially the same between the two or if something's changed there. Also, the Off-track jacket had two removable ventilation panels at the bottom/side hem of the jacket; does the Sand jacket have this, too, or is the new venting system "all" it has?

Bohdan

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #614
gonzomup
ChainGang Recidivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hey Gonz,

Thanks for the patience, I have been pretty slammed for the last few days.

You've got nothing for which to apologise, Anthony. You've got a business you need to run and I figure the hand-holding you give us ADV-ilk is gravy! Thanks for the additional details on the Sand jacket. I'll be in touch when I'm ready to replace my current kit...I need to get a bike first.

Bohdan
Old 03-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #615
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Thanks for the nod Bohdan.

Keep me posted on anything else you may need.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzomup View Post

You've got nothing for which to apologise, Anthony. You've got a business you need to run and I figure the hand-holding you give us ADV-ilk is gravy! Thanks for the additional details on the Sand jacket. I'll be in touch when I'm ready to replace my current kit...I need to get a bike first.

Bohdan

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R