User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 08:21 PM   #616
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Hi Anthony,

I have have bit of a different question to ask regarding the sand jacket and pants. I ride about 20 000kms a year, give or take, up here in Canada from march to November. Most of that mileage is on my commuter which is a standard bike, perfect for the Sand jacket and pants. However, I do longer trips on my Ducati 900ss (aka 'Bella' or 'the torture rack') and I'm curious if you've had any feedback from anyone who's used the ensemble on an SS.

I've tried the gear on, while a bit bulky with all the liners in (though better than what I wear now), it seems like it would fit nice and tight during the summer. I wouldn't mind some feedback as I'd like one piece of gear to cover my commuting and long distance riding.

Marc
homme de fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #617
Avocet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
I want to buy a pair of Sand pants to go with my Sand Jacket. I have owned a pair of Mistral pants in size 52 which fit well, so I would like to order the same size. I see, however, that the Sand pants are sized as M,L,XL etc, as opposed to the European sizing used for the Mistrals. Comparing the two size charts, it looks as if the L size of the Sand pants is the closest to the size 52 of the Mistral. Can I expect size L Sand pants to fit similarly to size 52 Mistrals? Thanks.
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #618
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hey Homme,

Its all about the fit. The REVIT SAND Jacket / Pants Outfit is very much a svelte fit and will be more snug with the liners in. I have spent significant miles on my GS, but have never slung a leg over my S2R with the SAND on.

The Sand will do it all 4-season, but its going to a be a matter of how the fit is on your particular build whether it works (you forget your wearing it) or doesn't (becomes distractingly tight) in the 3/4 or tuck position.

My gut is you will need to have it on to know. For touring / commuting it fits the bill, but the fit will be the deciding factor- in the arms, chest and across your shoulder blades.

If you choose to take a stab at it, we ship free, do a first free size exchange, and if you ultimately don't want ot keep it there are no re-stock fees. (off my salesman soap box now) I wanted to make sure you knew the protocol. Keep in mind all returns have to be in brand new, unridden condition. So you won't be able to put 50 miles on the jacket to decide.

Let me know what other questions you have. I am happy to help.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by homme de fer View Post
Hi Anthony,

I have have bit of a different question to ask regarding the sand jacket and pants. I ride about 20 000kms a year, give or take, up here in Canada from march to November. Most of that mileage is on my commuter which is a standard bike, perfect for the Sand jacket and pants. However, I do longer trips on my Ducati 900ss (aka 'Bella' or 'the torture rack') and I'm curious if you've had any feedback from anyone who's used the ensemble on an SS.

I've tried the gear on, while a bit bulky with all the liners in (though better than what I wear now), it seems like it would fit nice and tight during the summer. I wouldn't mind some feedback as I'd like one piece of gear to cover my commuting and long distance riding.

Marc

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 AM   #619
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks Anthony,

I had a Large jacket (too big) and a medium regular pant on (too short) over my dress shirt and pants. It fit snug like expected. The euro cut seems to fit my body nice (I'm a slim 5'10" 155) and with all the liners out would fit really nice in the summer. I was hoping someone else on the forum could chime in if they've used the Sand jacket and pants on a sport bike.

Thanks for your response, it is very much appreciated.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #620
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Avo,

There are some small nuances which are different between the Men Specific cut (numeric) and the Universal Cut (Alpha sizes) - but the key fit elements should line up.

I would start with a Large. They may be a bit more forgiving in the lines but the waist and knee armor position should be fine.

Let me know your thoughts.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
I want to buy a pair of Sand pants to go with my Sand Jacket. I have owned a pair of Mistral pants in size 52 which fit well, so I would like to order the same size. I see, however, that the Sand pants are sized as M,L,XL etc, as opposed to the European sizing used for the Mistrals. Comparing the two size charts, it looks as if the L size of the Sand pants is the closest to the size 52 of the Mistral. Can I expect size L Sand pants to fit similarly to size 52 Mistrals? Thanks.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #621
Avocet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
OK, I'll give the Large a try. An order is heading your way.
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #622
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

One more question. If I were to order from the US, what is the protocol should I find a defect? Im in Canada so I'm curious what issues there would be.

I'm very much leaning towards buying from Revzilla as I'm confident you'll stand by your product and my local Rev'it supplier seems to be in no hurry to find me the size I need. The exchange of factory defect materials across the border is my only worry.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:02 AM   #623
flyingpylon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Thanks Anthony,

I had a Large jacket (too big) and a medium regular pant on (too short) over my dress shirt and pants. It fit snug like expected. The euro cut seems to fit my body nice (I'm a slim 5'10" 155) and with all the liners out would fit really nice in the summer. I was hoping someone else on the forum could chime in if they've used the Sand jacket and pants on a sport bike.

I can't comment specifically on the use of the Sand with a sport bike, but since we are exactly the same height and weight I thought I would mention something.

I ended up with a M jacket and L (reg) pants. The M pants seemed pretty good at first, but when I sat down they were just a little too tight for me to keep them... I knew I might regret it later. The reason I mention it is because I had read from a couple of people online that they were of similar height/weight but they had gone with the M. But obviously there can be a differences in body shape despite the same overall height and weight... those that went with the M seemed younger and perhaps a little "tighter" in the lower abdomen (which is where the M pants were a little too tight for me when sitting down). I wear the same jean size as they do (32x32) but I am 44 and work at a desk all day... and despite being slim I suspect there is just enough "extra" to make a difference. I'm on a V-Strom... I would think that on a sport bike it might be even more of a factor. The L pants feel comfortable all around, the only downside being that I can't get them quite as snug at the very top as I'd like (which is higher than a typical jeans waist).

Hope this helps a little... it's a tough call... our height/weight seems right in between sizes and Rev'It is certainly not the only brand where this is the case... drives me nuts.
flyingpylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #624
waybad1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
One more question. If I were to order from the US, what is the protocol should I find a defect? Im in Canada so I'm curious what issues there would be.

I'm very much leaning towards buying from Revzilla as I'm confident you'll stand by your product and my local Rev'it supplier seems to be in no hurry to find me the size I need. The exchange of factory defect materials across the border is my only worry.
The way I understand it....Revzilla is not allowed to ship/sell Revit products to Canadian customers. Canadian customers must have their orders shipped to a U.S. postal address. Try to purchase from a Canadian dealer as they will handle any re-sizing, warranty issues without the added expense and hassle of crossing borders. If you were to import the goods legally into Canada and pay duties and taxes you would be saving little if anything.
If your dealer will not order in what you need, try another...
waybad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 06:32 AM   #625
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Homme,

US REV'IT! Dealers are actually not permitted to send REV'IT! north of the border normally.

If you have no Canadian REV'IT! dealer which is stocking your product or if a US dealer is going to ship to you - let us know and we will take care of you - but 99% of the time CA is out of bounds for all US REV'IT! dealers.

We can however easily ship to any address in the states even if you would like to pay with your international CC, Paypal or Google Checkout Acct.

Let me know your thoughts,

Anthony

Quote:

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 AM   #626
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

My thoughts are that I'm about an hour from the border and there's an address 5 minutes into Buffalo that I can have Revzilla send the suit to. Plus, I can save over $250 by doing so. Expect to see an order from me by the end of the week.

Again, I really appreciate your help, you seem to know what customer service is all about.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #627
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

You got it!

Thanks for the nod, we do try.

Buffalo for the win!

Anthony
Quote:
My thoughts are that I'm about an hour from the border and there's an address 5 minutes into Buffalo that I can have Revzilla send the suit to. Plus, I can save over $250 by doing so. Expect to see an order from me by the end of the week.

Again, I really appreciate your help, you seem to know what customer service is all about.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 03-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #628
ovenking
Unfloppable

Oddometer: 38
I'd love to support Canadian dealers, but have you looked at Rev'It's CAD MSRP lately? I've bought multiple Rev'It items from the vendors on ADV in the past and will continue to do so until there is some rationalisation around CAD pricing given the state of exchange rates for the last year. Even after paying duties and taxes (and yes, I declare full value with receipts) and factoring time/gas the savings are still substantial enough to warrant the inconvenience of traipsing down to Niagara Falls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybad1 View Post
The way I understand it....Revzilla is not allowed to ship/sell Revit products to Canadian customers. Canadian customers must have their orders shipped to a U.S. postal address. Try to purchase from a Canadian dealer as they will handle any re-sizing, warranty issues without the added expense and hassle of crossing borders. If you were to import the goods legally into Canada and pay duties and taxes you would be saving little if anything.
If your dealer will not order in what you need, try another...

I did a demo ride on a K1300R in my Sand combo and didn't notice any real issues with bunching or discomfort. Granted the riding position on the K13R is slightly more relaxed than a SS, and I'm also not prone to whinging about minor issues, so take that for what it's worth.

Quote:
Thanks Anthony,

ovenking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:00 AM   #629
foogr01
grrrrrrrrrrrr

Oddometer: 2
Question factor vs factor 2

Hi all,

I've noticed that the revit factor pants come now as factor 2. Can anybody pls explain if there are any significant differences or is it just a "face lift" ?

Thx in advance!
Old 03-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #630
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Foogr,

Great question. In light of a pretty broad product release, the Factor 2 was actually shelved. We are not sure if it will ever be coming over to the states.

The response to the original factor has always been strong, not 100%, but I am guessing that REV'IT! may have wanted to stick with a good thing without creating confusion.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by foogr01 View Post
Hi all,

I've noticed that the revit factor pants come now as factor 2. Can anybody pls explain if there are any significant differences or is it just a "face lift" ?

Thx in advance!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R