ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 06:11 AM   #646
stin987
R1200GSA
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Greenville SC
Oddometer: 211
I've got a rev'it defender gtx jacket and i'm looking for some pants. I would like to get the matching pants but $600 is a lot and I have no where to try them on. I do however have a bmw dealer. Does anyone know if any of the bmw gear will zip to the back zipper and/or the full 360 zipper?
The pants must be waterproof and have removable liner for those really hot days when I know it will not rain.
How waterproof will the sand pants be compared to the defender gtx?
stin987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #647
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
Hey Stin,

I would say the Sand and Cayenne Pro Pants would be your best bet. They use REV'IT! Hydratex via a removable liner (just like the Defender). The waterproofing should be rock solid, the big difference is the Gore-Tex liner will allow you to "breathe" better when you are in a full on sweat.

The connections are going to be YKK Vislon for both the short and 360.

I will ping my guys on connecting with the BMW gear.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by stin987 View Post
I've got a rev'it defender gtx jacket and i'm looking for some pants. I would like to get the matching pants but $600 is a lot and I have no where to try them on. I do however have a bmw dealer. Does anyone know if any of the bmw gear will zip to the back zipper and/or the full 360 zipper?
The pants must be waterproof and have removable liner for those really hot days when I know it will not rain.
How waterproof will the sand pants be compared to the defender gtx?
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #648
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
Working on an answer for you Beffo. To the showroom!

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by beffo View Post
Hi, I need help to decide which size to order on a Sand Jacket.

I am 192 cm tall and 80 kg (6'13" 178 lbs). I've had the chance to try on a sand jacket of size XL, but L was sold out at the store outside my hometown. Will try internetorder instead. XL seemed to be ok, but it was a little bit loose around my thin body.

I often have to get a larger size just to fit my long arms. I guess the L would be a better fit to my body

So the question is:
- What is the difference of arm length between L / XL in inches? (measures from armpit?)

I would very much appreciate your help.
Thanks
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:13 PM   #649
kelsow
Beastly Adventurer
 
kelsow's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia
Oddometer: 1,103
Rev'it gear in Canada.

I tried to place an order through the Revzilla store but apparently Rev'it gear can not be shipped into Canada.
The only dealer I could find is asking $539 for a $449 Sand jacket.
I thought our dollar was better than par these days. What gives?

Anyone know the best place to buy Rev'it gear in Canada?
__________________
"Kelsow's helmet is so tight, it cuts off the circulation to his personality."
Location: Doucheonia
Ride: 2010 BMW F800GS
Site: dualsport.ca and rideatlantic.ca
kelsow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #650
Badger278
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Badger278's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: New Yawk City
Oddometer: 209
It's not the exchange rate, it's the Canadian tariffs and GST. The exchange price before those add-ons is about equal.

If a US retailer was to send you a jacket from the US (they are not allowed to do so) you would end up paying 18% import tariff and GST to UPS when it arrived.

$449 USD = $429 CAD + 18% = $506 + 12% GST/PST or HST = $566

Blame Canada... :)
__________________
Jordan Levitt

2010 R1200GSA 30 Years Edition
2009 HRC RS125 (race bike)
"It all started with that damb BMX bike" Mom

Badger278 screwed with this post 04-12-2011 at 07:49 AM
Badger278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #651
BrIONwoshMunky
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BrIONwoshMunky's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Backwoods of Crystal, IN
Oddometer: 232
I have an AFX FX-37 in XL, it puts pressure on my forehead so much so that my co-workers and family always ask why I'm polka-dotted.

I'm guessing my head is of the "Long Oval" variety. I know the new FX-39 is an "Intermediate Oval" helmet, and would likely alleviate SOME of the problem. I was wondering if you could guide me in whether I should stick with an XL FX-39, go L, or if there's another "Long/Intermediate Oval" DS helmet that's more toward the entry point of helmets instead of the Arai territory.

BrIONwoshMunky screwed with this post 04-11-2011 at 11:07 PM
BrIONwoshMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 AM   #652
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
Hey Brion,

The FX-39 is the most bang for the buck at the entry price point and while to us it felt a bit more intermediate compared to the more round 37, it is still not going to be a pronounced long oval so you may get some pressure.

Also the 37/39 while offering a good deal of value are not optimized for super long distance touring. On 200+ mile trips you really start to understand what you are paying for with a lid from someone like Arai, Shoei, AGV.

What is the most you can invest in a new lid?

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrIONwoshMunky View Post
I have an AFX FX-37 in XL, it puts pressure on my forehead so much so that my co-workers and family always ask why I'm polka-dotted.

I'm guessing my head is of the "Long Oval" variety. I know the new FX-39 is an "Intermediate Oval" helmet, and would likely alleviate SOME of the problem. I was wondering if you could guide me in whether I should stick with an XL FX-39, go L, or if there's another "Long/Intermediate Oval" DS helmet that's more toward the entry point of helmets instead of the Arai territory.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 AM   #653
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
Did you really just quote South Park the Movie?

Thanks for chiming in btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger278 View Post
It's not the exchange rate, it's the Canadian tariffs and GST. The exchange price before those add-ons is about equal.

If a US retailer was to send you a jacket from the US (they are not allowed to do so) you would end up paying 18% import tariff and GST to UPS when it arrived.

$449 USD = $229 CAD + 18% = $506 + 12% GST/PST or HST = $566

Blame Canada... :)
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #654
the octopus
The Chef
 
the octopus's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Claremont, CA
Oddometer: 104
I ordered a Shoei Hornet DS helmet 2 days ago (which was price-matched with a competing vendor) with free ground shipping. I received an e-mail yesterday saying it had been shipped. I was happy to see the quick turnaround on order/ship time.

Something went very, very wrong with my order...it only took 1 business day to get here from across the country. How the f*ck did that work? What sort of black magic juju are you guys working over there? You should probably tone it down a bit, otherwise people might come to have high expectations of your customer service and overall customer purchase experience.

Seriously though, major kudos to you guys. That was ridiculously impressive. You've earned my repeated business.
the octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #655
BrIONwoshMunky
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BrIONwoshMunky's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Backwoods of Crystal, IN
Oddometer: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
What is the most you can invest in a new lid?

Anthony
I COULD, in theory, save up for a Shoei/Arai. I blew a wad-o'-tax-return on some Sidi Adventures, and First Gear Kathmandu Overpants, which arrived today, and kick pretty much ass if I do say so myself. I'm now head-to-toe ATGATT, with the only 'weak' spot being the lid.

Currently, the upper echelons of the helmet purchase would probably be in the lower $300 range.

I'd be better able to stomach the FX-39. Long Distance touring, for the time being, is not really on the table. I'm poppin along on my little '92 XR250. With no magic button or fairings to speak of, I'm lucky to put in over 200 miles in a day. Short jaunts of 3-5 hours podunking around on 2-lanes and unpaved roads are more the norm. Aside from the polka-dots, I don't really mind the FX-37 currently.
BrIONwoshMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:42 PM   #656
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
Mr Octopus,

It is no surprise why you are the smartest of the invertebrates.

I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. I will pass it on to the rest of the team.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by the octopus View Post
I ordered a Shoei Hornet DS helmet 2 days ago (which was price-matched with a competing vendor) with free ground shipping. I received an e-mail yesterday saying it had been shipped. I was happy to see the quick turnaround on order/ship time.

Something went very, very wrong with my order...it only took 1 business day to get here from across the country. How the f*ck did that work? What sort of black magic juju are you guys working over there? You should probably tone it down a bit, otherwise people might come to have high expectations of your customer service and overall customer purchase experience.

Seriously though, major kudos to you guys. That was ridiculously impressive. You've earned my repeated business.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:43 PM   #657
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
Hey Beffo,

The arm length is only .5 inch difference with the bigger size. Not dramatic.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by beffo View Post
Hi, I need help to decide which size to order on a Sand Jacket.

I am 192 cm tall and 80 kg (6'13" 178 lbs). I've had the chance to try on a sand jacket of size XL, but L was sold out at the store outside my hometown. Will try internetorder instead. XL seemed to be ok, but it was a little bit loose around my thin body.

I often have to get a larger size just to fit my long arms. I guess the L would be a better fit to my body

So the question is:
- What is the difference of arm length between L / XL in inches? (measures from armpit?)

I would very much appreciate your help.
Thanks
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #658
beffo
Adventurer
 
beffo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Oddometer: 36
Thanks a lot Boochzilla!
I guess I know what I'm gone use the next paycheck for then..
beffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #659
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
You got it my man.

Let me know how else we could help.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by beffo View Post
Thanks a lot Boochzilla!
I guess I know what I'm gone use the next paycheck for then..
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #660
BrIONwoshMunky
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BrIONwoshMunky's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Backwoods of Crystal, IN
Oddometer: 232
Heya Booch, after eloquently telling me, and I'm paraphrasing, "You get what you pay for"; I sprung for an XD-3. I'm waiting with bated breath now! If the shipping is as wickedly fast as my Kathmandu pants and Adventure Rain boots orders were, I shouldn't have to wait long!
BrIONwoshMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014