User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #661
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Keep me posted Bri,

The XD-3 is sick. That and my Schuberth are really in a class by themselves.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrIONwoshMunky View Post
Heya Booch, after eloquently telling me, and I'm paraphrasing, "You get what you pay for"; I sprung for an XD-3. I'm waiting with bated breath now! If the shipping is as wickedly fast as my Kathmandu pants and Adventure Rain boots orders were, I shouldn't have to wait long!

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:34 PM   #662
BrIONwoshMunky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
XD-3 fit is light years better than my AFX. Imagine that! I need to sort out how all the venting functions. Jesus, I'll have to read the manual to get it setup right!

I did, however, notice something when registering on Arai's site for the warranty.

The oft dreaded asterisk that leads to this statement about warranty coverage:

*As neither Arai or the consumer can be assured that helmets sold by mail order, phone or internet are properly fitted and delivered in original, as new condition, Arai cannot and does not extend its warranty to helmets purchased through these channels.

Perhaps this has been covered before in this thread, but I was just wondering if you've had any in-house experience with Arai warranty claims and if they're real sticklers about this, or if it gives them an out like most warranties seem to do.

I know, dealing with other companies warranty claims, I've had damage that was obviously user mis-use that was covered. Then again, we're talking $50 items instead of $500 items...

A bit of insight would probably help me sleep at night.

Thanks again for the replies, quick shipping, awesome site, and video reviews (which probably sold me into the XD-3 more than anything).

AND another small thing, do you think you'll be doing a video review of the Scala G4 anytime soon? I saw you had one mounted to your XD and I was wondering how the inside of your helmet looked, and how it all attached.

Thanks,

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Keep me posted Bri,

The XD-3 is sick. That and my Schuberth are really in a class by themselves.

Thanks,

Anthony
BrIONwoshMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #663
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Adam,

Thanks for the note. I am wondering if the asterisk is legacy form a time where the reputable dealers were few and far between.

These days, if there is an issue it gets handled regardless of the channel it came through from RevZilla. We are on a first name basis with everyone at Arai and are one of their top dealers in the country. As long as a legit warranty claim comes through we have their attention.

It's odd you found that text. I have never seen that before. Maybe it just covers them against any grey market lids that come off of eBay without a proof of purchase.

I know we have another G4 review in the hopper, but do not know what the time frame will be.

Let me know what else I could do for you.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
XD-3 fit is light years better than my AFX. Imagine that! I need to sort out how all the venting functions. Jesus, I'll have to read the manual to get it setup right!

I did, however, notice something when registering on Arai's site for the warranty.

The oft dreaded asterisk that leads to this statement about warranty coverage:

*As neither Arai or the consumer can be assured that helmets sold by mail order, phone or internet are properly fitted and delivered in original, as new condition, Arai cannot and does not extend its warranty to helmets purchased through these channels.

Perhaps this has been covered before in this thread, but I was just wondering if you've had any in-house experience with Arai warranty claims and if they're real sticklers about this, or if it gives them an out like most warranties seem to do.

I know, dealing with other companies warranty claims, I've had damage that was obviously user mis-use that was covered. Then again, we're talking $50 items instead of $500 items...

A bit of insight would probably help me sleep at night.

Thanks again for the replies, quick shipping, awesome site, and video reviews (which probably sold me into the XD-3 more than anything).

AND another small thing, do you think you'll be doing a video review of the Scala G4 anytime soon? I saw you had one mounted to your XD and I was wondering how the inside of your helmet looked, and how it all attached.

Thanks,

Adam

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 04-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #664
BrIONwoshMunky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Thanks a lot Booch. Like I said, I registered my helmet on www.araiamericas.com and once registered, you can navigate to a copy of the warranty. It doesn't say how old it was, but considering all the news updates are from 2007, and the 'New' helmets are from 2008, I'm guessing it hasn't been updated in a while. The text of the online version doesn't match the card that came in the box with the helmet either. Who knows.

I'm still looking forward to a personal 'Boochzilla' G4 review much like you did for the Adventure Rains after your get-off.

Again, thanks for the awesome replies, prompt accurate shipping, and great review videos!

Ride long, ride fast, ride safe!

Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hey Adam,

Thanks for the note. I am wondering if the asterisk is legacy form a time where the reputable dealers were few and far between.

These days, if there is an issue it gets handled regardless of the channel it came through from RevZilla. We are on a first name basis with everyone at Arai and are one of their top dealers in the country. As long as a legit warranty claim comes through we have their attention.

It's odd you found that text. I have never seen that before. Maybe it just covers them against any grey market lids that come off of eBay without a proof of purchase.

I know we have another G4 review in the hopper, but do not know what the time frame will be.

Let me know what else I could do for you.

Thanks,

Anthony
BrIONwoshMunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #665
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Thanks Adam.

Stay tuned my man.

Quote:
Thanks a lot Booch. Like I said, I registered my helmet on www.araiamericas.com and once registered, you can navigate to a copy of the warranty. It doesn't say how old it was, but considering all the news updates are from 2007, and the 'New' helmets are from 2008, I'm guessing it hasn't been updated in a while. The text of the online version doesn't match the card that came in the box with the helmet either. Who knows.

I'm still looking forward to a personal 'Boochzilla' G4 review much like you did for the Adventure Rains after your get-off.

Again, thanks for the awesome replies, prompt accurate shipping, and great review videos!

Ride long, ride fast, ride safe!

Adam

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #666
SMURPH
Jackass

Oddometer: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsow View Post
Rev'it gear in Canada.

I tried to place an order through the Revzilla store but apparently Rev'it gear can not be shipped into Canada.
The only dealer I could find is asking $539 for a $449 Sand jacket.
I thought our dollar was better than par these days. What gives?

Anyone know the best place to buy Rev'it gear in Canada?
Order it and have it shipped to someone you know in the USA. Then drive/ride down and bring it back. That's what I just did on my CP and saved $500. If it was $100, i'd just buy it locally, but the tariffs/duties kill us.
Blog > http://tinyurl.com/lnqkh4j
SMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:05 PM   #667
shadowarrior
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Durban Gore-tex or the Frontier Gore-tex?

Hey Anthony,

I am still tossing between the A*'s Durban Gore-tex and the Frontier Gore-tex jackets. I have seen the videos on your website zillions of times, and every time it confuses me more :|

I need something with tons of breath-ability. Its very humid here (Queensland, Australia) through out the day and I cannot even wear my waterproof (not 4 season/breathable) jacket unless its raining or around the nights. It does not get really cold in here, even during the winters.

With some added work commitments, riding have now been limited to daily commute to work (city ride) and weekend rides (100-200kms) on the free-ways.

Does the Frontier feature Sas-tec?
Is the Sas-tec armour on Durban really that better than the bio armour on Frontier?
Does the Frontier's large two front and one rear mesh provide adequate air flow for humid conditions (when worn without the thermal and water proof liners)?
How does Durban compare with Frontier on breath-ability for city riding?
Does the Frontier have any compatible pants for it like the Durban has?
Does both of them have waterproof front pockets?

My measurements are:
Chest: 46 inch
Waist: 45 inch (thanks to KFC :| )
Hip: 46 inch
Height: 6ft
Weight: 104kgs.

What jacket size should I go for, for either Frontier Gore-tex and the Durban Gore-tex? I don't want the jacket to be tight around my stomach.

I am also a bit worried that daily city commuting is going to dirty up the Durban's light colours faster (and repeated washing might start giving it a worn out look?) compared to the all black Frontier.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Cheers,
shadowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #668
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Shadow,

Working on an answer for you. Thanks for the patience.

Best,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowarrior View Post
Hey Anthony,

I am still tossing between the A*'s Durban Gore-tex and the Frontier Gore-tex jackets. I have seen the videos on your website zillions of times, and every time it confuses me more :|

I need something with tons of breath-ability. Its very humid here (Queensland, Australia) through out the day and I cannot even wear my waterproof (not 4 season/breathable) jacket unless its raining or around the nights. It does not get really cold in here, even during the winters.

With some added work commitments, riding have now been limited to daily commute to work (city ride) and weekend rides (100-200kms) on the free-ways.

Is the Sas-tec armour on Durban really that better than the bio armour on Frontier?
Does the Frontier's large two front and one rear mesh provide adequate air flow for humid conditions (when worn without the thermal and water proof liners)?

My measurements are:

What jacket size should I go for, for either Frontier Gore-tex and the Durban Gore-tex? I don't want the jacket to be tight around my stomach.

I am also a bit worried that daily city commuting is going to dirty up the Durban's light colours faster (and repeated washing might start giving it a worn out look?) compared to the all black Frontier.

Cheers,

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #669
shadowarrior
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Thanks Anthony.
shadowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #670
Kurfer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Awesome, gotta give props to Revzilla! I visit your site daily and think you guys run the best shop in the business! Love your review videos, they have been spot on with every order iv'e made.
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring Edition
2008 KTM 690 Enduro - Sold
Kurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #671
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Shadow,

The Alpinestars Durban and Alpinestars Frontier are both great jackets with different missions.

They are also both Gore-Tex which means they will be 100% waterproof while allowing your body to breath and stay decently acclimatized and comfortable in a mishmash of conditions. The Gore membrane and waterproof aspect is also guaranteed for life by W.L. Gore.

Based on your requirements we would recommend the Frontier for its more urban feature set. The large dual front intake and rear exhaust vents on the Frontier are going to flow considerably more air the smaller vents on the Durban. With regards to protection the Durban does feature SAS-TEC armor, however the proprietary Bio-Armor in the Frontier is rock solid and CE rated.
The SAS-TEC armor is going to be a little bit softer and more comfortable when warm and the Bio-Armor is going to offer a more consistent feel regardless of the temperature. Both are excellent in terms of dissipating and distributing impact forces away from the body. As far as the pockets are concerned the two front pockets on the Durban are listed as waterproof and the two front pockets on the Frontier are listed as water resistant. There is a matching pair of Frontier Pants that compliment the features of the Frontier jacket nicely. These would certainly be a good option as a matching bottom.

Based on your measurements we would recommend a size 3XL for a proper fit in the Frontier. You could size up for additional room in the stomach area, my concern is that it would be too loose in the chest and shoulders and possibly too long in the arms.

I would agree with you on lighter color jackets possibly looking a bit shabby after a while and feel that the black Frontier would stand the test of time better. That being said, with proper care, we find that quality riding gear with last a long time regardless of color. I hope that this points you in the right direction. Let us know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowarrior View Post
Hey Anthony,

My measurements are:

Cheers,

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-19-2011, 01:17 PM   #672
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT! Pre-Memorial Day FLASH Sale Starts Tomorrow Morning

9am Tomorrow. 37 REV'IT! Items go on sale 15% Off.

The prices will automatically update tomorrow morning at 9am. No code necessary.

Stay tuned. There are some finds in there. All questions welcome.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #673
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Help Anthony. I need your excellent sizing advice. I want the Turbine for the hot summer riding out here but not sure of what size. Here are my sizes in various Revit gear.

Ignition 58
Air - XXL
Tornado 56 (54 works but 56 is more comfortable)
Cayenne Pro XL
Everest XL

I didn't see the Tornado on the list otherwise I might choose that one but with the sale the Turbine comes down to about the same price. I think it would be a more bombproof jacket for summer riding. What size do you recommend for me? My first guess is a 58.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #674
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Well Hello Mr. Hicks :-)

The Turbine will fit slightly looser than the Ignition, but if you are a 58 than it should translate to a 58 Turbine.

not surprising on the Tornado as it is a very generous cut compared to other REV'IT! textile.

Interesting to hear the Everest and CP fit you in XL - that's a surprise to me. They tend to fit very euro and that whole size down makes a huge difference. I am a 50/52 in Turbine and am an XL in CP and Everest.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhicks View Post
Help Anthony. I need your excellent sizing advice.
I want the Turbine for the hot summer riding out here but not sure of what size. Here are my sizes in various Revit gear.

Ignition 58
Air - XXL
Tornado 56 (54 works but 56 is more comfortable)
Cayenne Pro XL
Everest XL

I didn't see the Tornado on the list otherwise I might choose that one but with the sale the Turbine comes down to about the same price. I think it would be a more bombproof jacket for summer riding. What size do you recommend for me? My first guess is a 58.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #675
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

REV'IT! Sale Today through 5/27/11 (Next Friday)

REV'IT! Sale Begins Today

This ends promptly next week 5/27

Happy to answer questions on sizing, gear, application etc

These pretzels are making me thirsty :-)

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R