User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #676
Tnfan
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Sand Jacket

Anthony: Any chance the sand jacket is going to be added?
Tnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #677
DucNaked
n00b

Oddometer: 6
What no Jerez gloves on sale?
DucNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #678
rpo83
Old enough to know better

Oddometer: 589
Hi Anthony,

Fantastic thread, i am planning an around Australia trip later this year, i am considering new jacket and pants for the trip.

I will be leaving the end of July, (our Winter) from Melbourne, so temps are likely to be 5-6 C morning temps, for the last ten years we have not had much rain, but it looks like that situation is changing this year. I will be spending alot of time in tropical conditions across the top of Aus, with temps easily in the mid 30+ C (100+ f) and high humidity. So i am needing something versatile.

From the reading i have done, i am thinking the Sand could be my best option, I see the cayenne pro is on special, would it be a better choice than the Sand, what would you recommend?

How much to ship a jacket and pants to Australia postcode 3766?

I might also be looking for comfortable boots for the trip, i currently own Sidi Crossfires, but i would need something more multi purpose than these as i will be living in them for 2 months.

How much extra shipping would the boots cost me?

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

My 2011 Ride around Aus http://rpo83.blogspot.com.au/
rpo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 AM   #679
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 761
Hey TN,

Unfortunately the REV'IT! Sand Jacket is not in on the mix for this quick sale.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnfan View Post
Anthony: Any chance the sand jacket is going to be added?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #680
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey Steve,

If I were you I would focus on the the hot weather aspect of your Journey. 100+ is hot on a bike or off. 5-6c is not that cold. Get a coat that could cover you but skew with you in the most extreme conditions.

I think you should go with a Jacket that has a multi-layer system. By doing so you are getting a shell which will breath much better (with the liners out) than something heavy like the REV'IT! Everest, Olympia AST or Klim Adv Rally.

The Sand would be a great choice or you could step up to the Defender which has the same venting scheme but offer better protection and the added benefit of Gore-Tex. The Cayenne Pro is a rock-solid 4-season jacket, but it will not vent as well as either of those two. Also you should check out the Tornado Jacket / Pants as well. While is its less "adventury" it will provide the utmost in venting with its mesh / textile chassis and it has a waterproof / windproof / thermal liner.

I will tell you the tough part is that we are not allowed to ship REV'IT! to AUS - but if you can't find what you need down under or one of our American competitors is going to go outside the lines, let us know and I will try to work something for you.

Either way, I hope my recommendation helps you in your search.

Also the Sidi Adventure Rain boots were built for exactly what you are looking for in a boot. 4-season, ADV, rugged, waterproof, comfortable. I wrecked in them - they performed well. +1

Also if you were wondering, it gets muggy as hell here in the Philadelphia Summer. I am wearing aq Defender GTX as my primary Jacket. ATGATT.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpo83 View Post
Hi Anthony,

Fantastic thread, i am planning an around Australia trip later this year, i am considering new jacket and pants for the trip.

I will be leaving the end of July, (our Winter) from Melbourne, so temps are likely to be 5-6 C morning temps, for the last ten years we have not had much rain, but it looks like that situation is changing this year. I will be spending alot of time in tropical conditions across the top of Aus, with temps easily in the mid 30+ C (100+ f) and high humidity. So i am needing something versatile.

From the reading i have done, i am thinking the Sand could be my best option, I see the cayenne pro is on special, would it be a better choice than the Sand, what would you recommend?

How much to ship a jacket and pants to Australia postcode 3766?

I might also be looking for comfortable boots for the trip, i currently own Sidi Crossfires, but i would need something more multi purpose than these as i will be living in them for 2 months.

How much extra shipping would the boots cost me?

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #681
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

No Jerez's either my man. They are a killer glove, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucNaked View Post
What no Jerez gloves on sale?

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #682
CJStrommer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Ventura for my wife?

Hi Anthony,

I am looking for some new riding gear for my wife. Rev’It looks like a high quality option. We live in the Southeast, so the majority of her riding is in mild to hot temperatures. But we do enjoy occasional touring (she rides her own bike) through the mountains. For this reason we are considering the Ventura jacket and pants. She commutes to her office, so one key requirement is that she be able to wear slacks or jeans under the pants. I have a few questions:

1. Do the ventura (or any Rev’It) pants allow for pants underneath? Even if they are sized a bit large, I’m concerned about not having a full length zipper. Do other people wear them as overpants? Can you recommend something else if these pants aren’t suitable?

2. If a different Rev’It pant is a better choice, will it zip to the Ventura jacket?

3. If overpants from another manufacturer turn out to be a better choice, is there a way to determine if it’s zipper will work with the Ventura jacket? I guess what I’m asking is are the zippers on the Rev’It gear standardized in some way such that it’s possible to tell if other gear will work with it?

4. I’d like your recommendations for sizing for both jacket and pants. Here are my wife’s measurements:
a. Chest – 34.5”
b. Waist – 28”
c. Hips – 38”
d. Inseam – 28.5” to ankle, 32 to floor
e. Outseam – 39.5” to ankle, 42 to floor.

I gave the measurements to the floor because she is concerned with the pants being long enough. Her current riding pants ride high up her ankle while seated on the bike. Also, I've read that this stuff runs a bit small. Please consider that she'll be wearing pants underneath almost always.

Thanks for your help!
CJStrommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #683
rpo83

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoochZilla View Post
Hey Steve,

If I were you I would focus on the the hot weather aspect of your Journey. 100+ is hot on a bike or off. 5-6c is not that cold. Get a coat that could cover you but skew with you in the most extreme conditions.

I think you should go with a Jacket that has a multi-layer system. By doing so you are getting a shell which will breath much better (with the liners out) than something heavy like the REV'IT! Everest, Olympia AST or Klim Adv Rally.

The Sand would be a great choice or you could step up to the Defender which has the same venting scheme but offer better protection and the added benefit of Gore-Tex. The Cayenne Pro is a rock-solid 4-season jacket, but it will not vent as well as either of those two. Also you should check out the Tornado Jacket / Pants as well. While is its less "adventury" it will provide the utmost in venting with its mesh / textile chassis and it has a waterproof / windproof / thermal liner.

I will tell you the tough part is that we are not allowed to ship REV'IT! to AUS - but if you can't find what you need down under or one of our American competitors is going to go outside the lines, let us know and I will try to work something for you.

Either way, I hope my recommendation helps you in your search.

Also the Sidi Adventure Rain boots were built for exactly what you are looking for in a boot. 4-season, ADV, rugged, waterproof, comfortable. I wrecked in them - they performed well. +1

Also if you were wondering, it gets muggy as hell here in the Philadelphia Summer. I am wearing aq Defender GTX as my primary Jacket. ATGATT.

Anthony
Thanks for the advice Anthony, i appreciate it. Pity about the not shipping to Aus, Rev'It has almost no representation down here

Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #684
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer: 156
Women's Ventura sizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStrommer View Post
Hi Anthony,

I am looking for some new riding gear for my wife. Rev’It looks like a high quality option. We live in the Southeast, so the majority of her riding is in mild to hot temperatures. But we do enjoy occasional touring (she rides her own bike) through the mountains. For this reason we are considering the Ventura jacket and pants. She commutes to her office, so one key requirement is that she be able to wear slacks or jeans under the pants. I have a few questions:

1. Do the ventura (or any Rev’It) pants allow for pants underneath? Even if they are sized a bit large, I’m concerned about not having a full length zipper. Do other people wear them as overpants? Can you recommend something else if these pants aren’t suitable?

2. If a different Rev’It pant is a better choice, will it zip to the Ventura jacket?

3. If overpants from another manufacturer turn out to be a better choice, is there a way to determine if it’s zipper will work with the Ventura jacket? I guess what I’m asking is are the zippers on the Rev’It gear standardized in some way such that it’s possible to tell if other gear will work with it?

4. I’d like your recommendations for sizing for both jacket and pants. Here are my wife’s measurements:
a. Chest – 34.5”
b. Waist – 28”
c. Hips – 38”
d. Inseam – 28.5” to ankle, 32 to floor
e. Outseam – 39.5” to ankle, 42 to floor.

I gave the measurements to the floor because she is concerned with the pants being long enough. Her current riding pants ride high up her ankle while seated on the bike. Also, I've read that this stuff runs a bit small. Please consider that she'll be wearing pants underneath almost always.

Thanks for your help!
Hi CJ,

Anthony asked me to chime in on this since I can give a woman's perspective on the fit and comfort of the REV'IT! gear!

I decided the easiest way to figure out how comfortable the Ventura pants vs. Tornado pants with jeans on underneath was just to try them on. I'm fairly similar in size to your wife, though I'm a few inches taller and about 2 inches longer in the leg. I felt like both the long in the Ventura and the standard in the Tornado were long enough for me, wearing jeans underneath, and sitting on a 1200 gs. Given, I was wearing really snug fitting jeans, but it was still comfortable on the bike, and still pretty fitted.
The Ventura pants are not designed as overpants, so the Tornado pants are in theory a better overpant option. The big difference I would say between the two is that the Tornado would be easier to get in and out of (though I had no problem with the Ventura at all) and are better for hot weather. For when it's raining, however, I felt like the Ventura was a bit better, simply because you can wear the waterproof liner without the thermal liner, and still fit jeans underneath. The Tornado pants with the combination thermal/waterproof liner in one are a bit more snug to wear with jeans in waterproof form, but if she's really riding in the warm weather more often, the ventilation benefits of the Tornado might be the way to go.

As far as differences in protection go, really, the biggest difference between the two is the ProLife armor in the knees in the Ventura pants vs the Knox armor in the Tornado pants. The Knox is still CE approved, so she'd still get a good level of protection.

The Tornado has a short zipper only in the back, which will zip to the Ventura jacket no problem. The Ventura pant has the full zip to attach to the jacket, giving it a bit of an advantage in that respect.

I would venture a guess that she might be the happiest mixing and matching, and going for a Ventura jacket and Tornado pants, if staying cool and wearing pants underneath are her two biggest concerns.

As far as sizing goes, I would recommend the size 36 Ventura jacket and size 36 Tornado pant. That would fit her about the same as those fit me in the video seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbp1K307NTA
If she prefers a looser fit, then perhaps a 38 would make her happier, but it sounds to me like she would like everything to be nice and fitted. I wear a 38, and I measure about 2" larger than her in pretty much every measurement you gave us, so I think the 36 would be the best bet.

If she has any other questions, I'd be happy to talk to her, and discuss any more details about either of those. She can call me here at 877-792-9455 or email me through cs@revzilla.com.

Happy riding!

Kat (RevZilla store manager)

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #685
GS N RVN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Turbine Pants

Anthony, the crotch seam of my Turbine pants has split and frayed. I plan on taking the pants to my local tailor for repair. Can you recommend a specific thread or repair to keep this from happening again. I suspect the seam failed from throwing my right leg over my panniers. I bought the pants a couple of years ago. I am 6'1" and weigh 190.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #686
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hey GS,

The best move for you is to repair with the following thread.

http://www.guetermann.com/Startpage/Guetermann/

This is one of the best, if not the best readily available threads out there. Any fabric store worth their salt should have it problem

Hope this helps! Ride on!

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS N RVN View Post
Anthony, the crotch seam of my Turbine pants has split and frayed. I plan on taking the pants to my local tailor for repair. Can you recommend a specific thread or repair to keep this from happening again. I suspect the seam failed from throwing my right leg over my panniers. I bought the pants a couple of years ago. I am 6'1" and weigh 190.

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 05-31-2011, 01:25 AM   #687
rpo83

Hi Anthony,

I have sent you a PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 PM   #688
chromenomad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Moving kneepads higher?

Has anyone ever made any alterations to Rev'It pants to make the kneepads higher?

I have a pair of Defender GTX pants (size L-Short), and the kneepads basically start just below my knee. They're more like shinpads. Is this fixable? (I originally tried the M-Short, and while they fit better overall, they were too snug with the winter liners in.)
Old 06-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #689
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Hi Chrome,

Wow that stinks. We don't have any firsthand knowledge of folks altering the knee armor positioning other than the standard adjustment. If you have a reputable tailor, I would run it by them to see what their thoughts are on modifying the pocket. I would just make sure they use beefy materials and threads.

Thanks,

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromenomad View Post
Has anyone ever made any alterations to Rev'It pants to make the kneepads higher?

I have a pair of Defender GTX pants (size L-Short), and the kneepads basically start just below my knee. They're more like shinpads. Is this fixable? (I originally tried the M-Short, and while they fit better overall, they were too snug with the winter liners in.)

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
Old 06-28-2011, 06:46 AM   #690
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.

RevZilla at the BMW MOA Rally

Hey Adver's

If any of you are headed to the BMW MOA Rally in PA this July, we will be there. Come see us. We are also giving away a ton of crap. :-)

We are giving away $100 every hour for the entire rally. IF you are attending the rally and want to enter early (increasing your odds) visit our 2011 BMW MOA Rally Section. You can also enter by stopping by our booth at the rally.

We are also giving away a grand prize of a Dream ADV Suit as well as sponsoring the Rally Gift Bag a Registration.

I hope to see a bunch of you there.

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R