ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #706
sboada
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 131
Just got back from a moto trip in iceland. Temps were in the high 50s ish and it rained a bit. Had the cayenne pro pants and couldnt have asked for a better pant. Wore them with the wp liners, no thermal liners, most days and they were amazing. Stayed totally dry in rain and super comfortable.
sboada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #707
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
That's great to hear. I would love to tour Iceland at some point. From what I have seen, it looks beautiful.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboada View Post
Just got back from a moto trip in iceland. Temps were in the high 50s ish and it rained a bit. Had the cayenne pro pants and couldnt have asked for a better pant. Wore them with the wp liners, no thermal liners, most days and they were amazing. Stayed totally dry in rain and super comfortable.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #708
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
Thanks for the help Dachary. It was a crazy week of catchup. It was also great to see you both at the Rally.

Let me know if there are still lingering Sand questions abound.

Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachary View Post
I'll put in my $0.02 cuz I think the great guys at RevZilla are still getting settled after the BMW MOA Rally (great job, btw, guys!)

Re: the Velcro in the armor pouch - thats how you adjust the armor. If you need it higher in the pants, close one or both of the Velcro strips under the armor so it can't slide all the way down the pouch. For lower position, close the Velcro at the top of the armor pouch. Low-tech but totally works.

Re: the sleeves on the Sand jacket - mine, sadly, lacks that button and unzips itself frequently at highway speeds. Drives me crazy. But the updated version that RevZilla is selling now (which I saw at the rally and am SO JEALOUS) has the button snap, so I think you'll be covered if you order one now. But you can always call the guys to confirm when you order - they're more than happy to answer stuff like that.

Still loving my Sand, btw, in spite of the sleeve zippers, but I'm running the Rotor pants right now and I've gotta say the venting is far superior to the Sand. Threw in some D3O armor and I'm feeling plenty protected. But I continue to stick with the Rev'It! gear because I feel like they put a lot of thought into features/developing. And their service is great.
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #709
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
BMW MOA Rally Video 2011

Hey Guys,

As you have seen (partly by my lack of response) we (TeamZilla) were at the BMA MOA Rally in PA in full force.

It was great to hangout and meet many of our long time inmate supporters. Notably The Tennessee Walrus. We filmed the whole event and put together a pretty cool short film. I hope all of you beemer geeks enjoy. There is some cool GS Trials footage toward the end.



Be sure to Fullscreen it in HD!


Rubber side down,

Anthony
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:56 AM   #710
Tn. Walrus
Knuckle Dragger
 
Tn. Walrus's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Oddometer: 303
Great video Anthony. It was fantastic to meet you and the rest of the team at Revzilla. I only just got home yesterday from the trip. Lots of fun and 3600 miles on the bike. Take care buddy!
__________________
Forever West ....Murphy says NO!

Salus Populi Est Suprema Lex.

IBA# 49285
Tn. Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #711
BoochZilla OP
Metal.Moto.Mania.
 
BoochZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Oddometer: 761
Wallllruuuuuuusssssss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn. Walrus View Post
great video anthony. It was fantastic to meet you and the rest of the team at revzilla. i only just got home yesterday from the trip. Lots of fun and 3600 miles on the bike. Take care buddy!
__________________
RevZilla.com | RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

'10 Multistrada 1200
'07 R1200GS
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #712
JHNguyen89
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 45
Posted this in the other thread, but thought I'd try here to.. hope that's okay..

I just picked up a pair of Cayenne Pro Pants on Ebay.. but I'm a little unsure if I got the right size. I'm 5'7" and got a size Small. I'm not positive if it's the standard, long, or short, the label just says Small. However, they seller claims that it's standard length.

Everything seems to fit fine but I'm curious how they knee armor should fit. When standing up, should it be level with your knee cap? My knee armor does not line up with my knee until I'm on my bike. If anything, it's still a hair too low when I'm on my bike, but not bad at all. Is this okay or should I have gone with a shorter size?

I can take photos if it helps!
JHNguyen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #713
sboada
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Spokane, WA
Oddometer: 131
I can tell you that mine do the same (fit a little low when standing) but perfect fit while on the bike. I believe there is a little adjustment with the velcro to enable you to move the armor up and down a bit, but if the armor fits well while on the bike, I would say you have a good fit. After all that's what counts right...
sboada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #714
msgvb
.
 
msgvb's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Oddometer: 272
SHOEI VFX-W Recommended Goggles?

I picked up a SHOEI VFX-W from you guys for some dirt/enduro riding. Do you have any recommendations for goggles? I tried the Oakley O Frame MX, but they seem a little tall, for the opening and with the helmet positioned properly, the goggles put pressure on the nose bridge. not very comfortable.

I guess I'm looking for something not quite as tall that will still fit well with this helmet. I think that something smaller will offer a little adjustment room at the top and bottom sides and make for a better fit.

any ideas?
models with removable nose guard preferred, but whatever works.
__________________
-msg
msgvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #715
msgvb
.
 
msgvb's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia Beach
Oddometer: 272
yeah, what sboada said; I wondered the same thing when I got mine. I was told (here) that the armor should be in the correct position while in the riding position, and that the knee armor will fall below the knees when standing.

I did have to play around with adjusting the armor in mine to get it right. by right, I mean, the knee cup sits over my kneecap, and the bottom piece sits nicely over the top of my shinbone just below the kneecap.

fits just right in the upright adventure riding position, but if I wear them while riding a naked sportbike, the armor doesn't sit properly at all, but it's not really designed for riding in this position to my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHNguyen89 View Post
Posted this in the other thread, but thought I'd try here to.. hope that's okay..

I just picked up a pair of Cayenne Pro Pants on Ebay.. but I'm a little unsure if I got the right size. I'm 5'7" and got a size Small. I'm not positive if it's the standard, long, or short, the label just says Small. However, they seller claims that it's standard length.

Everything seems to fit fine but I'm curious how they knee armor should fit. When standing up, should it be level with your knee cap? My knee armor does not line up with my knee until I'm on my bike. If anything, it's still a hair too low when I'm on my bike, but not bad at all. Is this okay or should I have gone with a shorter size?

I can take photos if it helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sboada View Post
I can tell you that mine do the same (fit a little low when standing) but perfect fit while on the bike. I believe there is a little adjustment with the velcro to enable you to move the armor up and down a bit, but if the armor fits well while on the bike, I would say you have a good fit. After all that's what counts right...
__________________
-msg
msgvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #716
katego
Studly Adventurer
 
katego's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: rat city, pnw
Oddometer: 556
Hello 'zilla friends....

Do the men's rev'it turbine pants come int 'short' lengths?

-k
__________________
Squaring off tires and tipping over bikes since 2005.
katego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #717
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored
 
HaChayalBoded's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: BRC \ NYC
Oddometer: 7,341
Sorry to spam this question amongst 3 threads but I need the info ASAP. Leaving for S. America in 2 weeks.

Anyway.

Last time I was at Rev'IT! HQ someone mentioned a shop they use to send in jackets and suits for repairs that are authorized by them.

Anyone happen to have that information?

Have a 2 piece suit that needs repairing, the pant zipper came right off along with the fabric it was sewn onto and the cinch strap for the jacket pulled right out.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #718
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
REV'IT Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
Sorry to spam this question amongst 3 threads but I need the info ASAP. Leaving for S. America in 2 weeks.

Anyway.

Last time I was at Rev'IT! HQ someone mentioned a shop they use to send in jackets and suits for repairs that are authorized by them.

Anyone happen to have that information?

Have a 2 piece suit that needs repairing, the pant zipper came right off along with the fabric it was sewn onto and the cinch strap for the jacket pulled right out.
The repair center used by REV'IT USA would be Rainy Pass Repair located in Seattle, WA. Their contact info is as follows:
Rainy Pass Repair, Inc.
4415 Stone Way North
Seattle, WA 98103

888-RIP-STOP (747-7867),206-523-8135 or email us at repair@rainypass.com

Hopefully this helps!

Patrick
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

RevZilla screwed with this post 11-08-2011 at 10:47 AM
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #719
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Turbine Pants in Short Sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by katego View Post
Hello 'zilla friends....

Do the men's rev'it turbine pants come int 'short' lengths?

-k
The Turbine Pants are available in Short Lengths in euro sizes 50, 52, 54, and 56.

Patrick
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #720
RevZilla
Best on Two Wheels!
 
RevZilla's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: iladelphia
Oddometer: 156
Shoei and Goggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgvb View Post
I picked up a SHOEI VFX-W from you guys for some dirt/enduro riding. Do you have any recommendations for goggles? I tried the Oakley O Frame MX, but they seem a little tall, for the opening and with the helmet positioned properly, the goggles put pressure on the nose bridge. not very comfortable.

I guess I'm looking for something not quite as tall that will still fit well with this helmet. I think that something smaller will offer a little adjustment room at the top and bottom sides and make for a better fit.

any ideas?
models with removable nose guard preferred, but whatever works.
Try checking out the Utopia Slayer and Slayer Pro Goggle as these both offer a lower profile and smaller shape versus other goggles available. We have found these to be a great fit in MX helmets with tighter eye-ports.

Patrick
__________________
RevZilla.com | The Best on Two Wheels

RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

RevZilla screwed with this post 11-08-2011 at 10:48 AM
RevZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014