Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #1021
BruceWA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Another very happy Revzilla customer here. Orders have always been delivered w/o hassle and the correct products that I ordered.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #1022
KawiVA76
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Been dealing with Revzilla since 2010. Both at their store in Philly and through mail orders. They have been hands down the most professional and courteous retailer I have come across. Heck they entertained my crazy kids for a few hours why I sorted out a new helmet choice a few weeks ago. Great company.

Mike

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
KawiVA76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #1023
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
I have purchased a few things from rezvilla including my Sand 2 pants. They have been very helpful. In this day in age package theft is getting to be a real problem.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #1024
brmc22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Revzilla is awesome! I got my new tire in two days!
brmc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #1025
Brahma
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZilla View Post
My name is Brian and I actively monitor this forum for RevZilla. Upon reading the most recent posts in this thread, I felt it would be in our best interest to respond regarding the issue at hand.

First and foremost, I wanted to state that it is neither our place nor our practice to add anything other than value to the forum. We are very adamant about keeping the forum and its threads about the topics at hand. We understand and appreciate everyone’s opinion about RevZilla. However on extremely rare occasions, we feel the need to publicly voice our perspective of a customer interaction, but only after having first gathered as much information as possible. This is the case regarding Brahma’s experience.

As stated in the earlier post, Brahma’s issue was with the delivery safeguards enforced by UPS for packages shipped from RevZilla. To preface, RevZilla uses UPS to ship the majority of our orders because we have found them to be the most efficient, timely and reliable domestic shipping method. Our agreement with UPS does not require signatures for our packages. Signatures and/or the decision to leave packages at the shipping address are solely up to the UPS driver’s discretion. Since we insure all of our packages with UPS, it is the UPS driver’s job to minimize risk. The most common reasons for not leaving packages are severe weather, or a shipping location that is unsecured and highly populated such as an apartment complex. If the driver feels uncomfortable leaving a package at the shipping address, he or she will make two additional attempts. After each attempt, they leave an “Attempt to Deliver” notice and the tracking information will update accordingly.

When reviewing the details of Brahma’s order, his package was out for delivery two business days after the order was placed, as notated in the tracking information. At the time of delivery, the customer was not available to accept the package.

When a delivery attempt is unsuccessful, the package returns to the closest UPS hub. If a customer needs to pick up their package at the aforementioned hub, they can request a will call in one of two ways.

1.) The customer can contact RevZilla via phone or email and request that we have their package held for will call. We typically complete this request within an hour when we read the email or speak with the customer on the phone. Urgent requests should always be called in if at all possible.

2.) If the customer has a UPS My Choice account that was set up prior to the label being printed, they will see the package listed in their My Choice account and they can request a Will Call from their account.

If the package is not held for Will Call, UPS will make a maximum of three attempts to deliver the package before they return the package to the sender.

With that said, we feel that it is important to share our reasons behind having restrictions on our UPS packages. As a security measure to prevent package fraud, we have UPS hold the packages until we approve of their release, or until an authorized pre-existing UPS MyChoice user makes the request. These restrictions prevent unauthorized changes to the packages we ship, and this ensures that a customer's package is never unknowingly held for Will Call or redirected to another address. Similarly, when customers pick up their package(s) from the hub, for security purposes, UPS will require identification. Unfortunately, fraudsters seem to get more sophisticated with each passing day, and these measures are becoming common practice for many companies that utilize UPS as their shipping partner.

We believe that our policy is a necessary step to prevent fraud due to the number of falsified identifications shown at Will Call and a lack of due diligence on UPS’s part in checking for ID.

After Brahma contacted our CS department by phone, he expressed his dissatisfaction with our UPS delivery policy at length. During that phone call, he was informed by our CS representative that should he desire, we would be able to contact UPS for him and request a Will Call pick up at his local distribution center. Instead, he instructed the next CS representative with whom he spoke to cancel the order entirely, to which we obliged and had the package Returned-to-sender. We are sorry that he was unhappy with the shipping and delivery of his package. Had we been given the opportunity, we would have been more than willing to assist with an alternate delivery option.

On behalf of TeamZilla,

Hi-Viz Brian
As a needed rebuttal of the facts of this response, I offer the following corrections and statements;

1. At no place on your web site are these policies so eloquently stated or implied. If they were, you could have saved one customer- a former FedEx courier, if not many potential customers who can't be available for shipments the problems I endured in dealing with the absurdity of not picking my package up at the UPS facility. Even the two UPS representatives I spoke with never heard of it before.

2. I had to call twice before the offer of assisting me in the ability in pickup of the UPS package at their facility, at a delay of 24 hours, which if I has a customer had been able to do it, would have been done that evening. But...

3. I had already scheduled the package for sending back to you- not the second representative. I even told him I did while he looked it up and then acknowledged. Prior to my talking to him, when I canceled the order and scheduled it to be returned, I thought I had no recourse because the first representative must not have known about it.

4. Speaking to you directly, this policy needs to be distinctly stated on your web site. Myself, two UPS representatives and one RevZilla representative had never heard of it before. Every delivery slip from UPS states on the back a telephone number for the recipient to call to arrange for pickup. Multiply that printing by the MILLIONS of recipients who have used that method in the past and in the future should demonstrate the commonality of the procedure to you. It is absolutely ABSURD to restrict that method, PERIOD. Not stating it openly or not training you personnel to know about it is equally if not more greatly absurd, or Revzilla and I as a customer wouldn't be in this situation.

5. After two days to think about it, I attempted to make a telephone order today for a more expensive pair of boots, and explained the need to arrange the potential order for pickup at a UPS facility. I also had product questions. Obviously there are comments on my order in that I was told I would receive answers to my questions via email. The email I received was that I was no longer to be a customer of RevZilla, to which my response was a brief explanation of your entire mishandling of my order and a DESERVED goodbye with a promise of communicating at my leisure what kind of boobs you folks are at every opportunity. Revzilla doesn't need my business as much as the world doesn't need Revzilla.

6. I further opened a Better Business Bureau case file on my experience, at which time I discovered there were others. It is a detailed, accurate treatise on the entire situation- all because of an unknown, unstated, absurd delivery policy no one here on this forum has heard of either- until now.

I look forward to discussing it further with another one of your representatives and the Better Business Bureau.
Brahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #1026
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,550
A BBB File really? Was your experience really that bad? Please.

This company has bent over backwards for people. everything I have ordered from there was been great. I have returned things to them for size changes with no questions asked. I'm sorry but your experience does nor warrant a BBB claim. And really who uses BBB instead of Yelp anyways? Are you 80 or something?

Have your ordered Hippo Hands in the past?
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:01 PM   #1027
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,744
Sad....

Some people never seem to learn....
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #1028
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 13,973
Revzilla has been very good to me... including taking returns on items that were specifically marked "not eligible for return" when I fucked up and ordered the wrong size.

Brahma, not sure what your deal is. But you are the first person I have ever heard complain about them.

I'm sure it's not you though.

edit: but you sure do seem to be a bitchy fucker.
I've been poking a giant bouncy ball with a needle. You feel anything yet? -Blake716
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #1029
Kerfuffle
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 186
Good experiences with RevZilla, 4 or 5 orders over the years. No problems with delivery.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:28 PM   #1030
KoolBreeze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Rev'it! vs Olympia

hmmm, apparently a little off current subject but...

just received a Rev'it! Ladies white/silver Levante I purchased from Revzilla for a friend. she will be comparing it with an Olympia Airglide 4 I picked up locally from a shop at some point over the weekend... no riding comparison for performance I'm afraid, just an in-house try on to see what style and fit works for her. basically it's a bitch trying to find female riding apparel locally, which given the amount of riding in Socal almost doesn't make sense.

one of these jackets will win, while the other will be returned. (I expect one of them will win.)

both seem on the surface to be fairly comparable jackets... with the Levante edging out "in my opinion" style wise. (which I expect doesn't mean much to a chick really)

the Olympia is in the black/pewter and if it were solid black it might be more of a toss up, especially since she would probably prefer black. (but this is one where I decided on the white/silver for the Levante, the pics I've seen online lead me to believe the this was preferable. she hasn't seen either... so my picking white shouldn't be much of a deal breaker)

we shall see how this works out.

Rev'it! vs Olympia

KoolBreeze screwed with this post 03-29-2014 at 12:08 AM
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #1031
ridin gaijin
el camino

Oddometer: 706
Which REV'IT jacket?

Hi guys,

After eight years I'm replacing/upgrading my FirstGear riding jacket and pants. I'm looking for a waist-length textile jacket that's waterproof and insulated, plus at armor that's at least good, and I prefer as little bulk as reasonable. I'm having a heck of a time finding a fit.

I'm 5'9" and about 155. My chest is around 42" but my waist maybe 32" in a bad month. I'm big in the shoulders and back but nowhere else. After days of online research, I recently ordered a Large Excalibur with Tornado pants from you. I really wanted the jacket to fit, but by the time I'd cinched the waist down to comfort (and looks), the back was all bunched up except at the shoulders, and the torso was just one big potbelly of extra stuff. A Medium would likely fit my waist better but be too tight on top. Thank you for handling my return expeditiously.

Can you recommend a different jacket? Thanks!
'96 R1100GS, the Black Beast. Most recently: 6000 miles thru US + CA. (past) 09 XCountry; 05 Tiger, sold after 32 dual sporting US states; and about a dozen on & off road Japanese bikes, all good in their own way, ridden in the US & Japan. "You just have to ride the bike and not worry." - Hank (with half a million miles on his 95 GS)
ridin gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:04 PM   #1032
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin gaijin View Post
Can you recommend a different jacket? Thanks!
Hey ridin gaijin,

I sure can. Based on your measurements and requirements, I don’t think the REV’IT! jackets available have the best cut for your body type. Since your body tapers down 10 inches from your chest to your waist, I’d recommend looking at Dainese. Dainese has a more Euro / tailored cut to their jackets for the most part. Let me know what you think about the Dainese Laguna Seca D-Dry jacket. I think you’d fit best in a size 50 Euro. I have a 43 inch chest, so I tried the size 50 on for frame of reference. It’s pretty comfortable. I was not able to zip the jacket up because my waist is around 35.5 inches (on a good day ). However, your 32 inch waist should fit well. I’ve included the Laguna Seca D-Dry video below so you can get an idea of how the correct size should sit on your frame (for me it’s a size 52).

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

-HVB

/r/RevZilla Subreddit | RevZilla Career Opportunities

Helping riders with gear and little old ladies cross the street | RevZilla.com
ZLAHiVizBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:23 AM   #1033
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,809
Anyway to replace just the Sand pants thermal liner?
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #1034
ZLAHiVizBrian
So Viz-able!

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Anyway to replace just the Sand pants thermal liner?
Hey ThatGuy,

I reached out to REV'IT! directly to see if they had any replacement thermal liners available for your Sand pants. Since the Sand pants have been discontinued, they aren't making any more thermal liners. However, they'll keep me posted if they get a pair back from a warranty claim.

What size should I have them keep an eye out for?

-HVB

/r/RevZilla Subreddit | RevZilla Career Opportunities

Helping riders with gear and little old ladies cross the street | RevZilla.com
ZLAHiVizBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #1035
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLAHiVizBrian View Post
Hey ThatGuy,

I reached out to REV'IT! directly to see if they had any replacement thermal liners available for your Sand pants. Since the Sand pants have been discontinued, they aren't making any more thermal liners. However, they'll keep me posted if they get a pair back from a warranty claim.

What size should I have them keep an eye out for?

-HVB
Thanks, the pants are tagged "XXL." I assume the Sand II wouldn't fit?
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote