ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #2356
Fearless
Brutally Honest

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliemike View Post
.... I have no shame...
You'll fit right in

Welcome.
IBA 8028
Fearless is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #2357
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
You wouldn't believe what I went thru to get this done today. Prepare for a long read.

When I grabbed the tag, I was working, and was happy with myself when I placed the new tag, unaware that it had been used already. Lesson learned, check the map.

The next day, the tornado warning, and having to serve papers happened. I had a spot, just needed to get to it.

To preface this next part, I haven't started the 690 since early December. The reason being is because I couldn't find the tag decal for 2013. I know I had seen it, but couldn't find it. I thought that I would look in the glove compartment of my car, hoping that it was in there. Well, when I did, I realized that I had put the 690 decal on my car. I have decided to put the decal for my car on 690. I will make a copy of the registrations and hope that the po po will understand that I did something stupid, and let it slide.

I went down to the garage to start the 690, since I was given some flack for getting the tag on a bicycle. We will all discuss this at the BBQ when it happens. Well the battery is dead. I put the charger on it, and it sits for about 45 minutes. The charger shows that it is charged, I disconnect everything, and the bike starts right up. I let it run while I get my gear on, to go and get the new tag. I rode around for about 5 miles, then headed to my tag. I had to find a spot that would allow my bike to stand. I turned of my bike, and figured things out. That was a problem. The bike did not have enough charge to start again.

I used the driveway of the house closest to the the new tag to try and bump start it, no dice. I then pushed the bike to the top of the hill, to try and bump start it. If I had knobbies, maybe, but I did not, so no dice. I walked home, got my charger, and an extension cord, and charged the battery. The bike started, and is now back at the hizzy. It was a hell of a morning, but all should be good now.

Sorry for the delay, you may now all continue with you regularly scheduled shows.

I will work on setting up a BBQ date at my house soon. GhostRyder, what days are you off work? And do you want to invite Brian White, so I won't get anymore tickets on the bicycle?

Dean- Ritebike
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #2358
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritebike View Post
You wouldn't believe what I went thru to get this done today. Prepare for a long read.

When I grabbed the tag, I was working, and was happy with myself when I placed the new tag, unaware that it had been used already. Lesson learned, check the map.

The next day, the tornado warning, and having to serve papers happened. I had a spot, just needed to get to it.

To preface this next part, I haven't started the 690 since early December. The reason being is because I couldn't find the tag decal for 2013. I know I had seen it, but couldn't find it. I thought that I would look in the glove compartment of my car, hoping that it was in there. Well, when I did, I realized that I had put the 690 decal on my car. I have decided to put the decal for my car on 690. I will make a copy of the registrations and hope that the po po will understand that I did something stupid, and let it slide.

I went down to the garage to start the 690, since I was given some flack for getting the tag on a bicycle. We will all discuss this at the BBQ when it happens. Well the battery is dead. I put the charger on it, and it sits for about 45 minutes. The charger shows that it is charged, I disconnect everything, and the bike starts right up. I let it run while I get my gear on, to go and get the new tag. I rode around for about 5 miles, then headed to my tag. I had to find a spot that would allow my bike to stand. I turned of my bike, and figured things out. That was a problem. The bike did not have enough charge to start again.

I used the driveway of the house closest to the the new tag to try and bump start it, no dice. I then pushed the bike to the top of the hill, to try and bump start it. If I had knobbies, maybe, but I did not, so no dice. I walked home, got my charger, and an extension cord, and charged the battery. The bike started, and is now back at the hizzy. It was a hell of a morning, but all should be good now.

Sorry for the delay, you may now all continue with you regularly scheduled shows.

I will work on setting up a BBQ date at my house soon. GhostRyder, what days are you off work? And do you want to invite Brian White, so I won't get anymore tickets on the bicycle?

Dean- Ritebike

Offf....that sucks
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:54 PM   #2359
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Shoulda been there, I could have taught you a few new cuss words. I am taking a bottle of wine to the lady in the house that I used the outlet to charge the bike tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #2360
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Shoulda been there, I could have taught you a few new cuss words. I am taking a bottle of wine to the lady in the house that I used the outlet to charge the bike tomorrow.
What you shoula done was call my dumb ass and I wouldn've been there to jump it. Sorry that happened.....time for a fancy schmancy lithium ion battery....they work better when they're dead
Old 02-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #2361
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Working on getting "won o' them fancy thangs"
Old 02-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #2362
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,393
Quote:

Dean- Ritebike
That sounds like a fun day.....well kinda. I am off Friday night and Saturday night for now, but that is subject to change on a weekly basis. And why not....I think it would be a good thing to do....know your neighbors and all.
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #2363
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Brian's wife remembered me, but he didn't. He gave a ticket to another messenger 2 weeks ago, what a ball buster. I will work something up soon. I know that I am going to be in Pensacola the weekend after V-Day, picking up a new bike. Don't get excited folks, it is a mountain bike, no motor involved. Possibly the following weekend. Keep posted for details. I will try and talk to Brian if I get a chance, unless you think I shouldn't.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #2364
SchwingTing
Monkeywrench Thrower

Oddometer: 380
Oh dude, that bites. See? Stick to two wheel tagging and no more problems like that. Holy cow. I actually kinda feel bad about all the grief I gave you now. However, I'm sure it will pass, just like gas. Still sorry you had to go through all that.

Now to work on the tag. There's a hill, a driveway, and a railroad track......hmmmmmmmm
Hors d'oeuvre - The gnat that falls into your drink while you're working on the bike.
SchwingTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #2365
agox
But, call me Chris.

Oddometer: 60
I'm pretty sure I know where it is. I'm also pretty sure I'm not going to ride out alone to get it, given my history riding off tarmac.

edit: Ritebike, is your bike facing north/east or south/west in the picture?
agox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #2366
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

Well I didn't have my indian guide with me, but if had to ask him, he would guess South.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 AM   #2367
charliemike
wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
No takers on this tag yet?
charliemike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #2368
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Tag found

photo 9CC6E50E-F8A3-4B28-AA36-16ABA635003E-18476-0000192253EC5A16_zps35a7755f.jpg

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

photo 543BDCF9-84B6-4EC4-8F8D-4A1765EC5712-18476-0000192261E42B41_zpsef08c6b4.jpg

Rail line is active between ormewood ave and ormewood terrace. Just at the end of Lynwood I found a rock star

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 02-05-2013 at 01:05 PM
Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #2369
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

New Tag!!!

Ok sorry road warriors....another dirty tag here.

Not too far west of Grandma's house and agox's pride lies another train track. Bike again is facing south....usually the swamp is not here but recent rains have changed the landscape.

photo 629593ca-6bbb-47a9-b6fb-cf9362a2e1cd_zpsbd36ee38.jpg

I would've rode to the railline but a lot of water fowl call this home, great place to birdwatch. I saw a Kingfisher while I was there.

photo CB7691A2-FEDD-4A00-A4FA-59BE08D75A6A-18476-00001921086B86B3_zpsdba8bb3d.jpg

Rhonda can be found just before the hill on your left.

photo 1390aaa4-8c81-4d2c-9f85-57ea97ef1ca8_zps37657f63.jpg

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 02-05-2013 at 06:49 PM
Old 02-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #2370
Ritebike
Gnarly Adventurer

I actually know exactly where that is. Now to find the time.