Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #1426
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by acorn27 View Post
If I may ask, what's the armored vest you have on in post 1400?

Thanks and keep living the dream!
Thor Impact Rig SE. I've got one too. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't really work well with a Leatt brace. I had a couple of good crashes in mine and it protected me well and held up well itself.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #1427
carlsberger
ManyPauser

Oddometer: 40
Finn, great to see you are still hard at it, been years since we connected on route home from Creel we will never forget !!

LIVE TILL YOU DIE

THE MANYPAUSE GANG OTTAWA CANADA
Old 12-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #1428
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsberger View Post
Finn, great to see you are still hard at it, been years since we connected on route home from Creel we will never forget !!

LIVE TILL YOU DIE

THE MANYPAUSE GANG OTTAWA CANADA

Dude, it's been a while, but I still carry with me to this day what I learned from you guys, besides inspiration.... from changing tires to negotiating for hotel rooms. Fond memories. My house is your house if you ever want to fly and ride in SoCal.

Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you might be celebrating at this time of year to everyone, again thank you for the kind words. I'm sorry for slacking, tour ended and of course I've/We've been in motion non-stop.... soon.... I will always choose riding instead of talking about riding any day.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 12-25-2012 at 10:51 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #1429
achesley
Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 3,343
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

A '00 KLR 650 37,000 miles, A '07 1250S 75,000 actual, A '03 5.3L Chevy Truck 73,000 + '43 style dude , Simper Fi ;-)
achesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 AM   #1430
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by achesley View Post
Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Killer!!!

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #1431
Erik500
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
That is a great picture. Just great. I nominated it to go on the front page, awesome picture.

Erik500 screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 08:04 AM
Erik500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #1432
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

May I start a little early since I'll be working all night and wish all my fellow ADV riders a happy New Year.
May it bring you and yours good health, prosperous work, and endless roads to get Lost on!

-Finn

Thank you for the nomination Erik, I haven't been able to make a photo worthy of the front page yet.

LostRider.com
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #1433
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,883
Quote:
[COLOR="Yellow"]

Thank you for the nomination Erik, I haven't been able to make a photo worthy of the front page yet.
More than not, they aren't made, but happen. Good luck though, you have more that qualify than most.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #1434
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 2,024
Wow! Did you take her down Lippencott?? :)

Awesome pix as usual!!

Rob
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #1435
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 12,367
Quote:

Not true. The effort and care you put into your photos is evident in every single image. Thanks for sharing them
Whoever shows up next better bring ice. -Tom C
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #1436
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,887
Quote:
prosperous work, and endless roads to get Lost on!

-Finn

l
I guess in this economy I'm lucky to have too much prosperous work and not enough time to get lost
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:33 PM   #1437
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,656
Happy New Year to you Finn.

Technical question: I recently stepped up from a Canon P&S to a Canon DSLR...EOS T3. This season, I'd like to take it out to shoot on some of the knarly riding days. BUT, I do not wanna beat it up or worse, break it, while doing the riding. How do you protect your equipment, on those kind of days??
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #1438
RedHawk47
Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Technical question: I recently stepped up from a Canon P&S to a Canon DSLR...EOS T3. This season, I'd like to take it out to shoot on some of the knarly riding days. BUT, I do not wanna beat it up or worse, break it, while doing the riding. How do you protect your equipment, on those kind of days??
A recommendation I got from another backcountry rider: Lowepro Slingshot 102AW. You wear it like a backback and when you want to use the camera it swings around in front of you with easy access to the camera.
09 BMW F800GS
99 KLR 650 A13
RedHawk47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #1439
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Happy New Year to you Finn.

Thank you, you as well!

In my experience the best way to carry/protect your DSLR is in a hard case like a Pelican or HPRC case that has at least an inch of foam surrounding the camera. My later adventures as it evolved for me while carrying a big camera I had it strapped to the bike with ROK straps not only to isolate it further by not bolting to the bike but also making it a quick release type setup so I could remove the box easily. Should be easy to look back in this thread to see my various setups over the years.

Personally, I wouldn't have anything as large and hard as a DSLR on my body anywhere... in the end I'd rather not break my body when I fell on it, but I fall a lot.
Some folks carry them in a tank bags, I never went that route either as I think a photo worth taking is worth spending the time to get off the bike to frame the shot and a small camera in my tank bag filled those on the fly photo needs. I live out of my tank bag/box and it's too prime of real estate for a big camera and there's no such thing as a 100% water/dustproof soft tank bag anyways.

Baja teaser.

LostRider.com
Old 01-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #1440
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,656
Quote:

Thank you, you as well!

In my experience the best way to carry/protect your DSLR is in a hard case like a Pelican or HPRC case that has at least an inch of foam surrounding the camera. My later adventures as it evolved for me while carrying a big camera I had it strapped to the bike with ROK straps not only to isolate it further by not bolting to the bike but also making it a quick release type setup so I could remove the box easily. Should be easy to look back in this thread to see my various setups over the years.

Personally, I wouldn't have anything as large and hard as a DSLR on my body anywhere... in the end I'd rather not break my body when I fell on it, but I fall a lot.
Some folks carry them in a tank bags, I never went that route either as I think a photo worth taking is worth spending the time to get off the bike to frame the shot and a small camera in my tank bag filled those on the fly photo needs. I live out of my tank bag/box and it's too prime of real estate for a big camera and there's no such thing as a 100% water/dustproof soft tank bag anyways.

Baja teaser.

OK, good deal. Thanks for the reply. Pelican case is what I was thinking about too.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote