Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #2956
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMac View Post
One thing eggy noticed, and no offense to anyone, but it appears that either only old people are riding BMW's, or only old BMW riders attend rally's. We think it perhaps a bit of both...
Well....most 'younger' riders have JOBS to go to, and don't have the time available to go to silly rallys with a bunch of Geritol drinkers, who sit around and compare their Social Security checks!!!

(hey...don't hate me. I'm just jelous as I'll probably never get to retire!)

www.artworks-unlimited.com

Patrick46 screwed with this post 11-13-2011 at 10:20 PM Reason: oh.....alittle fine tuning is all!
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:41 AM   #2957
SheRidesABeemer
Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer: 1,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidmark View Post
You went the wrong direction ...

I get a giggle out of watching all you (us!) middle-aged guys and gals chasing a stone egg around the country. Keep up the good work!

(What is Eggie made out of anyway?)
thank you for including me.
87 K75
Do what you love, and do it often.
SheRidesABeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #2958
MrMac
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46 View Post
Well....most 'younger' riders have JOBS to go to, and don't have the time available to go to silly rallys with a bunch of Geritol drinkers, who sit around and compare their Social Security checks!!!

(hey...don't hate me. I'm just jelous as I'll probably never get to retire!)
Just for the record, I had to take time off of work for this! But it was worth it.. Although I am uncomfortably close to being a part of that club myself..
Old 11-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #2959
MrMac
Studly Adventurer

The journey continues..

Saturday morning arrives sunny and a bit chilly, but warms up fast.Instead of partaking of the rally breakfast (quite good I understand), we met a couple of locals at the nearby Prejeans (you MUST pronounce this with a French accent!) before heading out for the days ride. The food was great (of course).

Eggie didn't much care for his scrambled brethren, but the sausage was excellent!

I introduced him to some of the local fauna that he might encounter were he left unattended:

He did not think that funny. At all.

We discussed a few options for a tag location, and headed out for what turned into a 200 mile ride through Acadia. One stop was the capital of Cajun music:

The party was well underway when we arrived.. And keep in mind that it was still only 11:30am.

I really wanted to stay and toss down a few, but eggy said he wouldn't get back on the bike with me if I did, so we headed out for more miles through the countryside..

While there are no hills in this part of La., there are curves! The roads were actually quite fun, and with little traffic, we all had a great time. Unfortunately, no suitable tag drop was found, so I decided to plan on one of my other locations for the ride home. Then, late on Saturday evening, a collective decision was made to try and make it back to home on Sunday, rather than taking the scenic 2-day route. This would mean riding nothing but Interstate and an after-dark arrival. No time to find eggy a new home.. That will have to wait until Monday.

MrMac screwed with this post 11-14-2011 at 02:35 PM
MrMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #2960
MrMac
Studly Adventurer

Conclusion.

Since I already had the day off, there was no problem backtracking a couple of hours to place the tag. I left just after rush hour, and headed back south, to a place that is always warm!

I grew up not too awfully far from here so we spent a lot of our leisure time in the vicinity. For many years, this was my notion of the mountains! It still is one of my favorite places in Ga.

When you come into town you might pass this sign:

No, this is not the tag!

Below, you can see the spring water runoff from the treatment pools. Eggy thought this would be a great place to hang out for awhile, but I was afraid he'd turn into a prune..

The town even has a vintage motorcycle museum (no, I've never been in there):

:

The tag location is actually about 8 miles from town. You will pass by here:

Look for this sign:

And Take the curvy mountaintop road..

Now, I had wanted to place the tag here:

But realized that the entrance to this overlook is gated and closed in the evening. There is also a parking fee if you plan to hang around.. So, I decided to place it outside the gate in a suitable accessible location:

HERE IS THE TAG SHOT

Eggy is placed securely (I hope) under some rocks just to the left as you enter off the main road:

Be sure to take time to enjoy the area! A lot of history here, with great scenery and good roads!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #2961
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,913
Great Adventure, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #2962
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,296
Mr Mac.......I heard that there recently was a fire down there where you have placed the tag. Was the main house burned down or was it another dwelling??

Fido

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #2963
MrMac
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Mr Mac.......I heard that there recently was a fire down there where you have placed the tag. Was the main house burned down or was it another dwelling??

Fido
Honestly, I don't know. I didn't notice anything except the tornado damage along the hilltops, which I believe was maybe 2 years ago.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:55 AM   #2964
Firefighter Biker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Finally got eggy!!! I will post details later when I stop for the night.
Firefighter Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #2965
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,803
Hey...ya got him!!!

Welcome to the game!!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:50 PM   #2966
Firefighter Biker
Adventurer

Laugh

Alright, so after watching Eggy move to 2 new locations after I was planning on picking him up, I finally snatched him on my way home from picking up my new bike. I flew into Pennsylvania on the 20th, and started riding that day. I ended up in Georigia, where eggy was, on the 23rd.

Here is the tag shot, and to comply with "the rules", a pic in the corner showing eggy:

We started riding and got pretty hungry, so naturally Cracker Barrel was the answer:

Since this was the first night on my trip that it wasn't pouring down rain, we decided to stop at Fontainebleau State Park in Louisiana. Got camp set up and then as it was getting dark, decided to indulge in some lasagna with meat sauce, and some mocha mousse pudding. This was also when I introduced Eggy to his custom made "ADV Plaque" that I had made before I left home. This will be left with eggy when I drop him at his new tag location.

The next day, Thanksgiving, we headed to Lafayette where I introduced Eggy to some good friends of mine. He was more interested in lounging out by the pool.

It didn't take long for eggy to smell the home cooked, "cajun style" Thanksgiving meal.

This did us in, and we both napped the rest of the day away. The next morning we headed out again and it wasn't long before we hit the Texas border.

Eggy went trotting around the wetlands at the Texas welcome center and found himself in a tight spot. With a little sweet talking, he was able to move along unharmed.

All of the walking around had us both working up quite an appetite, so I decided to show Eggy one of Texas' best fast food restaraunts.

A few hours later we ended up at my house. We will be getting a good nights sleep and heading out tomorrow morning for a new tag location. Stay tuned!

And although Eggy didn't get to ride this road (hadn't picked him up yet), I feel compelled to include this picture just because it is one of the coolest signs I have ever seen and put a huge smile on my face In case you can't read it, the sign says "Drive Carefully", hahahaha!

Old 11-25-2011, 07:54 PM   #2967
Firefighter Biker
Adventurer

and on a seperate note, I was looking through all of the stuff on the USB drive, and can someone please explain to me where i can find this map file?!?!?!

"please replace the Tag List Tag Map files with the latest versions from the forum"
Old 11-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #2968
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,423
Nice job and write-up.

Glad to see Eggy is south and you showed him a great time.

This is the tag map created by Blinkerfluid, but I think it's pretty badly out of date.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...,56.953125&z=5

I was posting from a borrowed netbook running Open Office, so the Excel file on the memory stick may be, too.

Love the new bike, but now you need to buy a tank bag in the appropriate color.

Checks
Old 11-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #2969
Firefighter Biker
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker View Post
Love the new bike, but now you need to buy a tank bag in the appropriate color.
NEVER!!! I actually just bought that bag, and mainly because it matches the orange on my jacket, hahahaha!

Getting to the point though, the weather was horrible with wind and rain yesterday, so I decided to wait until today. Sunny, not a cloud in the sky and in the low 60's. Couldn't have asked for better riding weather! Eggy and I headed out and we made it to his new temporary home.

I wanted this to be the new tag shot:

But there was no way to get my bike over there without breaking a few laws (I know, I know, like that should have stopped me ). But anyways, I had to make this the new tag shot. Eggy is sitting comfortably on my tank bag. This sign is at the entrance for the visitor's center:

To get to Eggy's new hiding spot, you will need to park and walk over to the visitor's center:

Walk through the center (but stop and sign the guest book if they are open. It's located in the left hand building). You will get to the short trail:

You will pass by the giant head to your left, which is the actual size of the statue. Stop and get a picture if you wish:

You will then come up to the only bridge around, with white railings. Eggy is hiding under this bridge on the left hand side:

He is hiding up under there pretty far, and covered by a rock int he front, and another rock under the bridge. You may want to get a stick to dig him out, as I can't gaurantee if there will be any other critters hiding under there!!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #2970
Dredthello
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Grab. We're on the move.
Attached Images