Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2009, 05:36 AM   #346
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
So these Tag games seem to be pretty popular, but so far they've been limited to a specific state or regional area. I thought it would be a good game to open up tagging to anywhere in North America. The idea behind this game is to Tag some of the best locations in the country. I'd like to see it go from Coast to Coast, so as such I'll post the first tag shortly on the East Coast.

Rules for this version:

#1 File photos are not allowed.

#2 Dirt is allowed; however, let everyone know that the route to the tag includes dirt roads. Also, use your judgement on placing the tag to ensure that someone else will most likely come and get it, i.e. don't turn this into the "lets see who can find the most obscure tag location in history" thread.

#3 Have fun!

EDIT: Blah! I hate too many rules, but I suppose they're necessary.

Additional Rules:

#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot. (does that make any sense??)

Rules may be modified or added later if it is determined that they are needed to promote movement of the tag.

If you don't know how the Tag game works, please review some of the other Tag games that are currently in play:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321439

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360246

There are others as well.
Good job on #4 Blinker, and you did make it understandable.
Also glad you're keeping up with the no file photo rule.

Nice Honda twins in the photos.
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #347
LDHunter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
Please see Rule #1
OK... I'm one of those stealth guys that might just show up ANYTIME and grab the mascot and run with it. I think it's time the Mascot Chicken takes some time to work on his tan on our excellent Florida beaches.

I'm not as familiar with the term "file photo" as some might be, and in rule number one I see the following quoted text.

"#1 File photos are not allowed."

OK... Can you please clarify what a file photo is? If you don't want to go through a lengthy explanation (who does?) here's my specific question.

I keep a bunch of photos of my bikes at cool places I've visited and I'd like to use one of those when I make a tag. Some of the orth American TOR tags are more than 12 hours from my home and I'd like to take the picture, go to an internet cafe' and upload it and then upload one of my tags from "back home".

Would these tags that I already have qualify as file photos or do you mean photos taken by others that also don't have one of my bikes in front of the tag?

$bob$ (The Confused One)

2006 BMW R1200GS
2009 BMW G650GS (GSjr)
2006 Kawi KLX250S
1951 Body by Gold's Gym

I was an Adventure Rider when Adventure Riding wasn't cool...
LDHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #348
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,842
A file photo is any photo you have taken BEFORE grabbing the current tag. New tag shots MUST be taken AFTER the grab and include your motorcycle and the chicken. Thats my short take on it
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #349
Johnny Crash

Oddometer: 174
Tag!

This tag was located at the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site in Flat Rock, NC.
This was a little too easy Shandy

New tag is coming probably this afternoon or tonight at the latest.

Johnny Crash screwed with this post 04-27-2009 at 09:58 AM
Johnny Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #350
Shandy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Crash

This tag was located at the Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site in Flat Rock, NC.
This was a little too easy Shandy

New tag is coming probably this afternoon or tonight at the latest.
Nice job Johnny....the Ocoee one was easy too...just 165 miles away...this one oh... about 3 miles away. Keep it moving!

Shandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #351
NCStephen
Riding NC

Oddometer: 2,768
Nice TAG... so might the Chicken be kept around to join in the BBQ Saturday? Gotta keep it moving perhaps to do that.

NCS
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Give a holler, get a smile.
NCStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #352
Blinkerfluid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDHunter
OK... I'm one of those stealth guys that might just show up ANYTIME and grab the mascot and run with it. I think it's time the Mascot Chicken takes some time to work on his tan on our excellent Florida beaches.

I'm not as familiar with the term "file photo" as some might be, and in rule number one I see the following quoted text.

"#1 File photos are not allowed."

OK... Can you please clarify what a file photo is? If you don't want to go through a lengthy explanation (who does?) here's my specific question.

I keep a bunch of photos of my bikes at cool places I've visited and I'd like to use one of those when I make a tag. Some of the orth American TOR tags are more than 12 hours from my home and I'd like to take the picture, go to an internet cafe' and upload it and then upload one of my tags from "back home".

Would these tags that I already have qualify as file photos or do you mean photos taken by others that also don't have one of my bikes in front of the tag?

$bob$ (The Confused One)

What HBurgNinja said is correct, New tag photos should be taken after the tag grab is made and should probably include the tag mascot (although I know the rules really don't say that).. Since you'd have to go place the mascot at whatever the new tag location you choose anyway, you can just take a picture then.. If you move the Tag that far, no one will care if it takes a few days.
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #353
Johnny Crash

Oddometer: 174
New Tag!

The location of this tag is one of the most photographed waterfalls in the world. It is located in a county that got its’ name from the Latin words for across and woods and not vampires as some might have you believe. The waterfall gets its’ name from a nearby rock.

A better picture of the waterfall.

Closeups of the Chicken in his current hideout

The rock that gives the waterfall its' name.

Good Luck!

Johnny Crash screwed with this post 04-27-2009 at 01:51 PM
Johnny Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #354
Ridge-Runner
Playing tag like a kid

Oddometer: 437
Johnny U suck!! . I had babysitting duty or I was going after that. Me and the kids took the truck by to see if maybe it was still there for a nite tag when the lil lady got home from the hospital (she had to work a 12 hr shift today). I seen the chicken was gone so I figured it was either U or Norm that got it. See U this weekend at the BBQ. I might still go after this one tonite tho"

RR

The worst of all fears is the fear of living.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe.

Ridge-Runner screwed with this post 04-28-2009 at 03:58 AM
Ridge-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:49 AM   #355
caver101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Oh Oh Oh I know where that is!!!

Unfortunately its about 5+ hrs away from me. I was there around Christmas and pretty sure I have a photo of my wife in front of the waterfall. Good luck to whomever gets it, its a very pretty ride.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 AM   #356
Ridge-Runner
Playing tag like a kid

Tagged

Well I went and got it this morning. Left the house at about 7 and figured for sure someone else would have beaten me to it.

Me and chicken stopped long enough to check out the falls.

Then we went to Julies in Brevard for some breakfast.

Then headed for SC and to Ceasars Head state park. Would have gotten some photos of the view but the clouds were rolling in as I got there and the view was obsured to say the least.

Then started back towards the house and crossed the Contienital divide, the chick started clucking in the tank bag and it sounded like she wanted her picture took. SO!!!

Going to hold on to her for a little while and take her to the SouthEast taggers BBQ on the 2nd prolly do a mass drop off with the few that are showing up to the event. Come on out and have a good time. WannaBeJoe is providing the food and he has cottages for those that dont want to camp.

RR

- Theodore Roosevelt

Smart is when you believe only half of what you hear. Brilliant is when you know which half to believe.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #357
HBN
is car free

Julies
Old 04-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #358
Ridge-Runner
Playing tag like a kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurgNinja
Julies
2 eggs, sausage and biscuit and gravy for 3.99. Cant beat that. U coming down to the BBQ this weekend?

RR

- Theodore Roosevelt

Old 04-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #359
HBN
is car free

Nope, Laurel Fork...
Old 04-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #360
Shandy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge-Runner
Going to hold on to her for a little while and take her to the SouthEast taggers BBQ on the 2nd
Now why would you do that There are four days of tagging to be done between now and then! Keep it moving!

Shandy is offline   Reply With Quote