Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 04:56 AM   #541
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,280
Great to see this resolving itself but the tag is again in an area closed at night. At least as a matter of courtesy, we need to adopt something that wasn't thought of when I put Blockhead in a park that had a locked gate. Heck, I never even noticed the raised pole, but it was the start of why we now have so many mascots. My bad, but since a lot of our tags seem to be picked up at night ...

Think about whether you are putting a tag somewhere without 24/7 access. If you place the tag somewhere that people can't always get to, PLEASE post the hours the place is open or closed.

Back to
Old 05-26-2009, 05:10 AM   #542
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker
If you place the tag somewhere that people can't always get to, PLEASE post the hours the place is open or closed.[/U][/B]
Back to
Totally agree. I didn't know until the guard threw me out, but I did then clearly state that the park would open at 8 a.m., and there was no need for anyone to dodge deer during the night. Some of the better tags are national monuments or landmarks, and have restricted hours.

Hopefully, Blockhead will be restored today! At the appropriately named FORT NONSENSE:

Yes, that is the additional clue!

p.s., with all this stuff going on, please note that Docgonzo took the "High Road (ground?)"!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #543
Bokononist

Oddometer: 16,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo

p.s., with all this stuff going on, please note that Docgonzo took the "High Road (ground?)"!

Noted and quoted..
And I agree.
42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #544
cyclejohn
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 856
The mascots meet!

So, Blockhead and I rode to Fort Nonsense this morning, and Blockhead was united with the duck and the egg.
Here's the tag photo with mascots:

I'm assuming I now have the tag??
I do have posession of all 3 mascots(that's a nice egg).
More info when I get back home.
cyclejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #545
uxc
adventure nerd

Oddometer: 1,340
wonderful

uxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #546
cyclejohn
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 856
Another photo

The mascots at the cannon at Fort Nonsense
cyclejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #547
amadvikingjr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
The Egg!!

It is a nice egg!! He did a nice job finding that mascot. Its weighty and weather proof.... Yet still small enough to put in a jacket pocket.
Almost felt bad engraving my name in it lol....
amadvikingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #548
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,865
Thumb a Barny Bike.....

John, good to see Blocky back in the game!!!
R-U a fellow COG'r? Or do you just have a propensity for quality classic machines...?
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 AM   #549
Blinkerfluid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejohn
So, Blockhead and I rode to Fort Nonsense this morning, and Blockhead was united with the duck and the egg.

I'm assuming I now have the tag??
I do have posession of all 3 mascots(that's a nice egg).
More info when I get back home.
The tag is yours now, it's up to you if you want to wait and see if you can recover the 4th mascot at the Ear.. It's also up to you if you want to keep all the mascots in play, or if just a single mascot is going to forge ahead.. The way this game has been going, it'll only be 3 or 4 more tags before all 4 of the mascots are taken out of the game again anyway If you keep all of them in play, then whoever has the tag next can have the same choice.. I'm not going to make a rule that requires all of the mascots to stay with the tag.
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #550
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

The Unification Tag!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejohn
The mascots at the cannon at Fort Nonsense
It's so nice when a plan comes together!

John, thanks so much for going and uniting the tags!

My thoughts about the mascots:
1. The mascot adds a fundamental flaw to the game, because the mascot can be snatched up by an innocent visitor before an Adventurer gets there.
2. The mascot also basically eliminates the "Bruce", which is one of the most fun parts of the game.

John, I, of course, think that "Ducgonzo" should continue as the fowl component of the mascot. By the way, the duck has an added advantage. It will tell you when you or your bike is overheated. The bottom will read "Hot" if you get too overheated!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #551
amadvikingjr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
New Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
The tag is yours now, it's up to you if you want to wait and see if you can recover the 4th mascot at the Ear.. It's also up to you if you want to keep all the mascots in play, or if just a single mascot is going to forge ahead.. The way this game has been going, it'll only be 3 or 4 more tags before all 4 of the mascots are taken out of the game again anyway If you keep all of them in play, then whoever has the tag next can have the same choice.. I'm not going to make a rule that requires all of the mascots to stay with the tag.
Why not keep all the mascots in play and have cycle plant all 3 over the next few days? Could be confusing but it does mean that youll have to pay attention to the site to follow where each one has landed. That will give them a chance to travel further distances because less people will be chasing the one tag and leave it more open for an out of town visitor. Kinda like Haystack. He traveled 3 days to get the chicken. Now that was a nice tag.. I havnt read any long distance tags like that on the site other than his...... Think about it. We need everyones opinion to keep the tag or tags moving. Summers here!! Lets ride!!!!!!
amadvikingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #552
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

the Ear

P.S., it really is unnecessary for John to have to go to the Ear tonight in the rain. That was also part of my plan. To allow him to get the tag this morning before the front moved in.

John, as possessor of both the tag and all viable mascots, you have full discretion to do what you want with the game! I'd suggest Pat's Steaks as a great place to drop them, except that the mascot's probably wouldn't last any longer their in South Philly then the Chicken lasted in Coney Island. Someone will probably think it is either a drug or cash drop!

Can you imagine how disappointed the druggy was when he cut open the chicken and found nothing inside?
Old 05-26-2009, 11:35 AM   #553
Blinkerfluid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by amadvikingjr
Why not keep all the mascots in play and have cycle plant all 3 over the next few days? Could be confusing but it does mean that youll have to pay attention to the site to follow where each one has landed. That will give them a chance to travel further distances because less people will be chasing the one tag and leave it more open for an out of town visitor. Kinda like Haystack. He traveled 3 days to get the chicken. Now that was a nice tag.. I havnt read any long distance tags like that on the site other than his...... Think about it. We need everyones opinion to keep the tag or tags moving. Summers here!! Lets ride!!!!!!

I have a hard enough time keeping the map updated with just 1 tag mascot, I don't think I could keep track of 3 tags simultaneously Plus 3 tag mascots is just too much crap to carry I think.
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #554
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
I have a hard enough time keeping the map updated with just 1 tag mascot, I don't think I could keep track of 3 tags simultaneously Plus 3 tag mascots is just too much crap to carry I think.
Totally agree. Go back to the Squarehead, or pick another, John. Considering the trouble you went through to do the unification, I think everyone would agree that you should pick the mascot. Now, if you pick DucGonzo, you can keep Squarehead for your mantel!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:42 AM   #555
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
Now, if you pick DucGonzo, you can keep Squarehead for your mantel!
Agreed about one mascot. I love BH but waterproof and small is honestly the best option for this game. BH could start his own touring RR like Bacon
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote