Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #916
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
The idea behind this game is to Tag some of the best locations in the country. I'd like to see it go from Coast to Coast, so as such I'll post the first tag shortly on the East Coast.

Rules for this version:

#2 Also, use your judgement on placing the tag to ensure that someone else will most likely come and get it, i.e. don't turn this into the "lets see who can find the most obscure tag location in history" thread.
From the first post of this thread...

Not sayin' these tags are super obscure, if you're from the area, but that isn't really the point of this game is it? Surely there is a local Tag-O-Rama for that kind of movement.

And do these really represent "some of the best locations in North America?"
Let's get 'er moving for real again, guys.

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 AM   #917
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,207
Hang on before you flame this guy too bad.

Its a drainage pipe and its in North America....that narrows it down considerably doesn't it?

I think I saw a drainage pipe just the other day, maybe I should go check and see of there is apiece of wood laying in there.

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #918
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,866
The drainage pipe is just where the egg is buried. I thought the TAG was the building in the previous photo. Not that helps much as I dont have a clue as the whereabouts of the building either. A little more verbage might help.

However I wouldnt worry to much about Mr. Egg not moving much just now. The game has wandered about the same general area more than once in the game. I am sure it will grow legs sooner or later.

Yankee Dog
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #919
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro
And do these really represent "some of the best locations in North America?"
Let's get 'er moving for real again, guys.
I would say they do represent some of the best locations.
The last locations a wall dedicated to the achievements of this country and the people in it, including our first prime minister Sir John A MacDonald, The Schooner Bluenose ship which was the holder of the American Cup for many years and is featured on our currency, the CF-105 Avro a Canadian built aircraft that in the 50's was an amazing invention and change the industry, also shown is the CN tower which until recently was the tallest free standing building in the world. Rick Hansen is also on this wall, Rick was a Canadian Advocate for Spinal injuries and embarked on a 26 month 40,000 km tour around the world to raise awareness.
Before that it was at the Irish Famine monument dedicated to the thousands of Irish that came to this country to escape the famine that killed almost 1 Million.
Before that it was at the most well known provincial park in Canada.

Going through the history of this thread I have seen this Tag be located at Cell phone towers and restaurants, so I would say that the above TAG's are excellent locations and if you would like to find a better location you can come and grab it and move it there.

ULELUZE screwed with this post 09-01-2009 at 11:06 AM
ULELUZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #920
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

I know where this building is and without directly giving it away I will help by posting some points about it. I hope this building is significant enough to be a TAG.

This building is both a cruicial part of infastructure and an architecturally acclaimed historic building in Toronto. This palace of purification is a national historic civil engineering site and has been used in three different movies as an asylum/prison, and has been in many TV Series as well.

I hope that helps someone find it, I just hope they can move it to a better location, maybe a Tim Hortons?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #921
whizzerwheel
Using Occam's Razor

Oddometer: 1,207
You guys are doing fine...Keep on moving it and eventually somebody will jump in and take it for a big ride.

We get to learn a bit about Toronto in the meantime. Nice pics too by the way
WR's in NH and Maine: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733821
whizzerwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #922
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzerwheel
You guys are doing fine...
Didn't you leave the egg in an outhouse?

Hiya, Whiz!!!

Call me crazy but that looks more like a seawall to me. If so, not sure what happens around seawalls in those parts this time of year but around here things don't remain buried there for long.

Jus' sayin'.

If it is a drain pipe that really doesn't make it much better. Pipes are usually put in for a reason.

Go save the egg while you can.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #923
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,859
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULELUZE
The last locations a wall dedicated to the achievements of this country and the people in it, including our first prime minister Sir John A MacDonald, The Schooner Bluenose ship which was the holder of the American Cup for many years and is featured on our currency, the CF-105 Avro a Canadian built aircraft that in the 50's was an amazing invention and change the industry, also shown is the CN tower which until recently was the tallest free standing building in the world. Rick Hansen is also on this wall, Rick was a Canadian Advocate for Spinal injuries and embarked on a 26 month 40,000 km tour around the world to raise awareness.
Before that it was at the Irish Famine monument dedicated to the thousands of Irish that came to this country to escape the famine that killed almost 1 Million.
Before that it was at the most well known provincial park in Canada.

Going through the history of this thread I have seen this Tag be located at Cell phone towers and restaurants, so I would say that the above TAG's are excellent locations and if you would like to find a better location you can come and grab it and move it there.

with all that said, and as you and the current holder are completely familiar with the area, I'll wave the flag and say that none of the tag/grab combos above explained anything whatsoever as to the "formal name" or "somewhat usable location for future reference" of any of the grabs...
Soooo, it kinda makes it a guessing game still for all the folks wondering where in the freaking "GWN" they really were...not that it really mattered, it would just be nice to know...get the picture?
I mean if the tag was soo cool in the first place, maybe give some explanation and relevant info on it for future reference...jmho, ymmv,
tia, and all that jazz....oh, I already have 3 asshats before you decide to honor me with one....I bought them all up there....
paid duty on them, and hauled them home for gifts, thank you.
eh?
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #924
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULELUZE

Thanks for the invite. If there were some more clues included in some of the actual tag posts (similar to your descriptions of the previous tags), I might actually come visit Toronto to grab it. Wasn't trying to start any shit, but apparently I ruffled your feathers...

Grab a beer and chill a bit, mate.

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #925
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

I will work on putting more detail in the future Tag's... In mine there was the name of where it was in the image. Larter, if you Google that you have the image of that wall, I thought it would be pretty easy to find....
The ones from DOGSROOT where pretty hard if you dont know the area, DOGSROOT you should put some clues in here for future ones incase someone wants to come up and grab it.

Also we only sell those Asshats to the tourists we dont wear them ourselves

Guymansbro, I think your right... I am heading out now, I gotta start taking those valium again.

ULELUZE screwed with this post 09-01-2009 at 03:03 PM
Old 09-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #926
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 674
Don't Get Yer Panties In A Twist....

....I've been oot and aboot all day, was waiting for a response--sure got one!
It is a great building--but perhaps some more clues are needed.
I figured I'd provide clues if requested. That is indeed a "seawall", EVIL CLOWN, but its on one of the Great Lakes: Lake Ontario. Its well above the debris line left by the last storm, which was unusually intense, so I reckon the EGG will be fine there. Its buried under about 6" of sand.
I did post a TOR alert on the Regional Forum
(GTA Riders Merged MegaThread), but got bugger-all response so far.
Howzabout I post a few hints?

Coupe de Grace.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:30 AM   #927
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSROOT

I gotta admit. You Canadians sure know how to build a sewage treatment plant. I am truly impressed. (no sarcasm, looks a good TAG)

As to the significance of some of the earlier TAGs. I would help if someone, either before or after the grab would post a bit about what makes the tag special. Dont count on us Googling it for ourselves. You know us Yanks are a lazy lot.

Yankee Dog
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:46 AM   #928
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,776
I think you canucks are doing a GREAT job!! I've enjoyed each tag and all the pics. Keep it movin and THANKS!!
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #929
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,296
The extra clues really weren't needed. how hard is it to google "water purification in toronto"?

When I did that, the first hit gave me all the information I needed to find the location. 450 miles...hmmm, I do have some time off next week.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #930
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 674
Yankee Dog

QUOTE:I gotta admit. You Canadians sure know how to build a sewage treatment plant. I am truly impressed. (no sarcasm, looks a good TAG)

As to the significance of some of the earlier TAGs. I would help if someone, either before or after the grab would post a bit about what makes the tag special. Dont count on us Googling it for ourselves. You know us Yanks are a lazy lot.

Yankee Dog

From one DOG to another.....

Thanks for the compliment on the TAG, and the sound advice. I gotta admit, in the sheer excitement of getting and setting TAGS after so long a time monitoring the Big Apple TOR and the N.A. TOR I did drop the ball on explaining the Irish Famine Statues. While looking for something to post to clarify things a bit, I learned some more about Toronto's history and this monument too!

OK, here's a site w/ a brief explaination:

http://www.airhighways.com/toronto_irelandpk.htm

A second link to an article w/ a pic of my TAG site in Canada's National Newspaper:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1271313/

I was pretty surprised to see this a few days after finding out about this site myself.
Gotta love the ever-educational Tag-O-Rama!!!

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote