Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #1021
Hatepylons
3 Jugs and Long Legs

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleRider
MadMax went to the extent to take the tag far from home and he even had to pay for a hotel room to do so.
Kudos to Max leaving his family on a nasty weather weekend for this game. Impressive move, especially since the point of the trip was to drop the Tag. Ride safe.

Hatepylons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #1022
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,342
Awsome little site, landed there once.
RC Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #1023
Pete O Static
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
Man, I can understand a "placed tag" taking along time till someone grabs it, but this game seems to have taken a side turn for "the perfect tag spot" this last month, and is really dragging out. Kinda seems "tag-hogging"ly selfish, no? It surely didn't make it "down the parkway" (the supposed reason it was held for a prior 2 weeks...) It's all about moving the tag isn't it? I'm sorry for the Debbie-Downer syndrome, but hopefully when it does get moved it will be worth the waiting, this past month was a great month to ride places.

Ok, time to speak up, I have been too quiet.

It didn't make it all the way down to the bottom of the parkway because everyone seemed to be in some sort of rush, even after I polled the forum about waiting, which would have been your golden moment to speak up BTW. As it turns out, it looks like it could have been dropped off in NC or GA instead of PA but it was dropped early due to the whining.

Read the thread of late, complaints of it sitting too long behind a bush. Then while it was in Toronto complaints about the tag locations, complaints about nobody south of the border knowing the spots. In the interest of getting the egg back south, I then poll the forum about waiting. The responses are to wait then followed by nothing but more complaints. I get back from a trip to see where it has gone and still.....more complaining. To those of you want to go ride, I suggest you do just that and spend less time on the computer complaining about the whereabouts of an egg.

You can never please everyone but the whining in this thread is just so petty. Such a shame. I am done here, no interest in this thread anymore. I'll be out riding.
Pete O Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #1024
catang5oh
Blithering Idiot

Oddometer: 595
i think the point of this Tag is to cover as much of North America as possible, so if it takes a while to move so be it.

Its supposed to be about the ride, not how damn long it takes to get a new Tag up, if it mattered that much get off your ass and go get it so somebody else doesnt sit on it.

I for one will wait, and go ahead bring it back south and i might sit on it and take it west were they can bitch about it for a while!
08 Ninja250(Hers)
99 Venture
05 CRF230
catang5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:14 PM   #1025
catang5oh
Blithering Idiot

Oddometer: 595
Quote:Oh, bring your bug spray, holy shit there's a ton of nasty ass mosquitos!

Maybe thats why the creek on the other side of the runway is called Little Mosquito Creek!!

08 Ninja250(Hers)
99 Venture
05 CRF230
catang5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #1026
Squidmark
a.k.a. "The Colonel"

Oddometer: 285
Yo. To the next one of you who snags the tag without a plan for a new one, or who has a plan but is waiting for some vacation time or something before you get around to executing it, or whatever, such that you're going to sit on it for a couple of weeks:

Could you please mail the egg to me? I wrote my name on it but apparently it has worn off. I didn't take the time to scratch it in like others have done, but if you mail it back to me, I could. I'd mail it back, of course. And that way, at least one of the rest of us (me) could be doing something TOR-related while you're enjoying your football games or whatever.

TIA
Old 09-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #1027
drgnslayr72
smokeater

Oddometer: 108
++1 on the whining. As previously stated...at least its moving around

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini
+1 on the no whining rule. The tag moved, isn't that enough?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #1028
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnslayr72
++1 on the whining. As previously stated...at least its moving around
I like when people whine about the whining. Kinda makes a harmonic hum in my head that helps me fall aslleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Glad the egg is on the loose again...

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:39 AM   #1029
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,976
Nice tag, madmaxium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro
I like when people whine about the whining. Kinda makes a harmonic hum in my head that helps me fall aslleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Glad to be of service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker
But back to near where it was on the first pages??????

Let me guess, next down to Alabama, up to Chicago, then East for the winter?
The egg is less than 4 hours from you. What interesting location will you be taking it to for the winter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidmark
Yo. To the next one of you who snags the tag without a plan for a new one, or who has a plan but is waiting for some vacation time or something before you get around to executing it, or whatever, such that you're going to sit on it for a couple of weeks:

Could you please mail the egg to me? I wrote my name on it but apparently it has worn off. I didn't take the time to scratch it in like others have done, but if you mail it back to me, I could. I'd mail it back, of course. And that way, at least one of the rest of us (me) could be doing something TOR-related while you're enjoying your football games or whatever.

TIA
Western Mass, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, the Northern New England TOR (which, btw, is an awesome ride this time of year), the Adirondacks might keep you entertained while you're waiting to do something TOR related. These suggestions don't include the states south of you that are just as close.

Jus sayin'.

Ya might even get creative and see how many you can hold at once. 5 is the number to beat - or so I'm told. I just gave you 6 well within your range.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:29 AM   #1030
Squidmark
a.k.a. "The Colonel"

Oddometer: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown
Western Mass, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, the Northern New England TOR (which, btw, is an awesome ride this time of year),
I play in those and you know it (currently hold NNE), but they don't have an egg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown
Ya might even get creative and see how many you can hold at once. 5 is the number to beat - or so I'm told.
I've held MA and NH simultaneously, but what can I say? - you are a god and my inspiration. And I'm looking forward to someone holding, say, the CA, NV, CO, UT, NM, and AZ ones simultaneously (good f'ing luck!)

Done bitching! It wasn't really that anyway! Play on!
Old 09-28-2009, 05:37 AM   #1031
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,277
Ride on, Mr. Egg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker
But back to near where it was on the first pages??????

Let me guess, next down to Alabama, up to Chicago, then East for the winter?
First off, nice grab and a solid ride. Nice job!

I can see why this sounded like whining but it actually wasn't. I was just surprised to come back after 2 weeks (got to ride fall colors in the Pyrenees) and see that the tag is doing a second lap on an east coast loop. Back when I had Blockhead (predecessor to the egg) we thought that the egg would be in Mexico or at least on the left coast by this time. Whatever. Glad to see movement, regardless of where it is.

Ride on, Mr. Egg, it's all about the ride!

Checks
Old 09-28-2009, 06:16 AM   #1032
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidmark
I play in those and you know it (currently hold NNE), but they don't have an egg!

I've held MA and NH simultaneously, but what can I say? - you are a god and my inspiration. And I'm looking forward to someone holding, say, the CA, NV, CO, UT, NM, and AZ ones simultaneously (good f'ing luck!)

Done bitching! It wasn't really that anyway! Play on!
Um....not anymore. Take a ride up and get it. Mid-week is the time to go this time of year, though.

It was sheer luck they all alligned just as I was starting out on a little ride.

As far as the western states go, I get a kick out of the yipping in the NH TOR when "it's too far". As I've said before, "This ain't Texas TOR!"

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:28 AM   #1033
freaking RT
will golf for food

Oddometer: 30,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaximum
First, the tag shot

DSC04503

The egg is in the bush in front of the sign, on the left side

DSC04504

More cool shit

DSC04505

Some history

DSC04506

The gates were closed when I got there, so I couldn't get pics of any of the other stuff. I think they're only open Thurs-Mon this time of year, from 10-4. Oh, bring your bug spray, holy shit there's a ton of nasty ass mosquitos!
cool place
IBA#10787

“We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution.”
– Abraham Lincoln

"Fathom the odd hypocrisy that Obama wants every citizen to prove they are insured, but people don't have to prove they are citizens".
-Anonymous

WV VA Good Eats Map
freaking RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:24 AM   #1034
haystack
Just ride

Oddometer: 3,442
So.....

Who's going to get it?
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #1035
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack
Who's going to get it?
I'll move it south if someone can move it close to the I 81 corridor in VA. I think Yankeedog said he could move it west from there.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote