Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2009, 08:49 AM   #1051
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef
OK I think I'm going to head up to NJ for the weekend, and guess what route I'm taking? Hopefully this tag will still be there when I get up there.

JUst don't leave it in NJ, that wouldn't be right...

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #1052
Beef
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro

hahaha I hear ya. I'm packing the bike now. Just one stop to pick up some spare light bulbs and I'll be on my way!
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #1053
haystack
Just ride

Oddometer: 3,442
Yo Beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro

If you need some help with TAG placement in NJ, I have a few idea of where to plant the egg!
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #1054
Beef
Adventurer

Got it!

That road is a little busy to be stopping on the wrong side of to snap a picture, so I went to the entrance for the tag shot:

It's the visitor center at Wallops Flight Facility.

Got the egg, with a bag of goodies, as well! Sweet!

Look for the next tag in a few days! Thanks for the sweet tag, madmax!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #1055
dhillr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,605
Beef,
Great grab!! That's a BIG ONE!!
Enjoy the reposting!!
dhillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #1056
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,859
Thumb don't be so hastey, and soo condescending....it's a game...

and with this said, and I'm sure the others may concur, there's this thing called "the tag shot", well defined, and noted....and I'm not seing it....so, I'll be heading out tomorry morn, to do it right......

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaximum
First, the tag shot

The egg is in the bush in front of the sign, on the left side

More cool shit

Some history

The gates were closed when I got there, so I couldn't get pics of any of the other stuff. I think they're only open Thurs-Mon this time of year, from 10-4. Oh, bring your bug spray, holy shit there's a ton of nasty ass mosquitos!

....or maybe not.....just being a dic....tag shot is tag shot, unless a gate is closed, ...kindA.......but hell, I ain't been able to get out all the last 10 days..., just wanted to see the spot....and traffic didn't look (by the shot) like it should have been a problem, especially knowing the area....( what/ you saw A car?)
if the new tag is up when I get there i'll light speed to it, and drag it 4 states away... cause I just got free'd up.......

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 10-09-2009 at 09:30 PM
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #1057
Beef
Adventurer

Hahaha, yeah yeah. I realized when I looked at the pictures that the pictures were totally devoid of traffic. I assure you, being a Friday afternoon on a holiday weekend, traffic was quite heavy. There's just not a safe spot to stop where madmax snapped the shot. Trust me, I agonized about not perfectly replicating the shot before I settled on that.

I realize you were just giving me a hard time, but it gave me a chance to explain myself, so thanks
Old 10-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #1058
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,681
WHere's the Beef???...well, he's the guy who got the TAG!!! Great job!

I wouldda gotten the TAG shot in front of the rocket ('especially after riding a distance just to retreive it), but I'm a prick...and I'm the kinda guy who'd stop right in the middle of traffic just to get it.

So Mr. Beef...how strong is your throwing arm??? I'm open....throw me the bomb shot...I'll go long! Let's get this TAG out West so it can bounce the winter blues away!!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #1059
catang5oh
Blithering Idiot

Oddometer: 595
Alrighty, im on the Blueridge in NC, bring it down here and ill take it south!
08 Ninja250(Hers)
99 Venture
05 CRF230
catang5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #1060
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,859
Thumb hehehehehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef
Hahaha, yeah yeah. I realized when I looked at the pictures that the pictures were totally devoid of traffic. I assure you, being a Friday afternoon on a holiday weekend, traffic was quite heavy. There's just not a safe spot to stop where madmax snapped the shot. Trust me, I agonized about not perfectly replicating the shot before I settled on that.

I realize you were just giving me a hard time, but it gave me a chance to explain myself, so thanks
hey, it was a good grab, I was just jelous knowing it was so close, and I had been stuck home working and was not allowed to venture out....
so where's it going now my fellow Virginian?

MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #1061
Beef
Adventurer

OK so my plans to take the tag west to the mountains have fallen apart for the foreseeable future, so I'll get a new tag up today or tomorrow so the game can go on.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #1062
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,681
Com'on guys, if you leave the TAG back East, it won't move much during the coming winter. Someone PLEASE drag the TAG Westward or South. That way the game can continue on and on.
This IS the North American TAG...so lets send it all over ALL of North America. Maybe it can get to ALL 50 states, plus Mexico...(it's obviously made it to the GWN.)

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:37 AM   #1063
Beef
Adventurer

The year is 1781, and the American Revolutionary War has been raging on for nearly six years and has expanded to include several European powers. You are Lord Cornwallis, and you have just been ordered to set up a defensive naval position on the Virginia Peninsula to shelter British ships of the line. You select Yorktown, on the York River and dig in with 8000+ British and Hessian soldiers. Maybe you realized this on the way in, but it shortly becomes obvious that if your naval reinforcements are defeated, you are utterly trapped in your peninsular position. To make a bad day worse, your naval reinforcements are defeated, and you are royally (pun intended) screwed. George Washington's army of continentals, militia, and Frenchmen is nearly 20,000 strong, and setting up for a heavy siege, digging in just out of musket range. As if that weren't enough, Admiral de Grasse, the French commander who earlier defeated your reinforcements, is blocking your sea escape with his 29 ships and 3100 men. The situation is hopeless. You try to escape across the York River to Gloucester Point, but after your boats make one trip across, a squall hits, making riverine escape impossible. Yep, you're screwed. Realizing your predicament, you make the wise decision and send an officer to General Washington with a white flag in order to discuss the terms of your surrender. You have suffered over 600 killed and wounded, and now the rest of your army, 8000 strong, have marched through the lines of siege to a field of surrender and laid down their arms. Though the war wouldn't end for another two years, this surrender largely ended the land warfare in the colonies.

This tag is that field of surrender, in Yorktown, VA. An important place in our American history.
Tag shot:

Pretty large tree:

Map of the battle, including the location of the field (slightly outdated):

It was a balmy 48 degrees and raining on the way up there, and a sweltering 51 degrees on the way back! Make sure you drink lots of water and wear plenty of sunblock.

Learn more about the Siege of Yorktown.

(tag coordinates: 37.209023, -76.503310)

Go get it!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:07 AM   #1064
TheWorstKind
In the Wind

Oddometer: 860
That is a quality tag and quality write-up! If this thing is still up for grabs in the AM, I will be off to get it!

Give it more gas, if it doesn't solve the problem it will at least end the suspense.
TheWorstKind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:06 PM   #1065
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWorstKind
That is a quality tag and quality write-up!
+1

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote