Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2009, 06:38 AM   #1276
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULELUZE
I am not the master of this thread, but this has been touched on before you need to be able to get the TAG at anytime. There are no hour restrictions, and the EGG is an added bonus to the TAG (which is the photo shot). You need to get the TAG done anyways so just put the EGG on the outside of the gate.
I am sure others will agree with me on this, as this was a big issue in the past in this forum and this is actually exactly how the Chicken was lost and the EGG was born... (I guess the Chicken did come first)
+1
It was all very nice trip and write up, but the bike needs to be in the shot and Mr. Egg needs to be accessable 24/7.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:41 AM   #1277
SRMN8R
Down & Out

Oddometer: 2,987
Blinkerfluid.... Paging Blinkerfluid....

Blinkerfluid, please report to the courtesy phone.

SRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #1278
cyclejohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULELUZE
Looks like a great location, but when you go back to do your Bike shot, I would make sure Mr. Egg is on the outside of that gate.. There was an issue with a Chicken in the past that didnt get past on because it was behind a locked gate and someone went afterhours... I would hate to see the Egg not continue on this journey...
That's what happened to "Blockhead" at a National Wildlife Preserve in Maryland.
The hours listed by the gate at the entrance to this castle are: 11-4 and Closed Mondays. That's quite limiting for the average tagger (although it's hard to consider taggers average ). Could the egg be moved to a spot accessable 24/7?
cyclejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:54 AM   #1279
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,270
Is it correct that the tag is wide open now? Seems that anyone who can get the pic at the previous tag can take the shot and move it to any location he chooses. I think it is correct that the photo is the Tag; the token is ancillary.

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:48 AM   #1280
pbharvey
Tagoholic

Oddometer: 883
Rules of this TOR say you need the mascot to claim the tag...I think
Quote:
Additional Rules:

#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot. (does that make any sense??)
Rules of most other TOR say you just need a picture of the bike.
I thought this thread would really be cool but it seems to be more about how corny the mascot story can be rather than moving it around the country.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #1281
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux
Is it correct that the tag is wide open now? Seems that anyone who can get the pic at the previous tag can take the shot and move it to any location he chooses. I think it is correct that the photo is the Tag; the token is ancillary.
I dont think it is open Digiamo just needs to take the final TAG shot which he has not done yet.. He has moved it thousands of KM, so I am sure he will get a good TAG shot done shortly.

Looking forward to were this TAG may end up... Maybe back in Canada soon?
ULELUZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #1282
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey
Rules of this TOR say you need the mascot to claim the tag...I think
Rules of most other TOR say you just need a picture of the bike.
I thought this thread would really be cool but it seems to be more about how corny the mascot story can be rather than moving it around the country.
+1

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #1283
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 805
OK - Revised TOR for Mr. Egg in Florida

All,

OK, so to address all the concerns, we pulled a reluctant Mr. Egg & Henrietta out of their nest in the crotch of the old oak tree where they were pretty freakin cozy and tucked them in OUTSIDE the fence.

First order of business however is the "TAG" shot:

OK - Location clues:

Thank you all for your patience with the drama of Mr. Egg and Henrietta on this 1800 mile odyssey from New York to Florida. Wish you all good luck, including Mr., Egg in this continued TOR. I'll be watching the progress.

Apologies if I offended anybody.

Oh, by the way here's what is across the street from this tag:

Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #1284
Joe?

Oddometer: 686
Well that was a little too easy... Now what are the rest of us in the North East going to bitch about all winter?

Thanks for taking us along, Digiamo
Joe? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #1285
HeyDoc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 989
Thumb

Way To Go Digiamo! Great trip.
HeyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:21 PM   #1286
whizzerwheel
Using Occam's Razor

Oddometer: 1,213
Nicely done!

Thanks for the story.
WR's in NH and Maine: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733821
whizzerwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:57 AM   #1287
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiamo

Thank you all for your patience with the drama of Mr. Egg and Henrietta on this 1800 mile odyssey from New York to Florida. Wish you all good luck, including Mr., Egg in this continued TOR. I'll be watching the progress.
Without drama, where would TOR games be?

Soooo...how far ya have to backtrack to get the shot with your bike in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharvey

Looks like it's been moved quite a ways. The 'corn' is just a bonus.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:51 AM   #1288
Blinkerfluid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
I hate drama.

Digiamo- Thanks for revising the tag to make everyone happy.. I didn't really care where you had the mascot hidden, though an official tag shot was probably needed.

Instead of just trying to find problems with new tags placed, people should try too look for the positives of each tag.. If the egg had been left inside the gate, then that would have insured that whoever picked it up would do so during open hours.. Which means that person would have been more likely to experience whatever the tag location had to offer.

Some of you guys sound like you wanted to go get the tag when the place was closed just to prove your point about how bad an idea you thought it was to put the mascot inside the gate.. I hope in real life you don't spend so much time pointing out potential faults in everything you come across.

Anyway, Thanks again for smoothing the water Digiamo.. Now, GAME ON!!
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:58 AM   #1289
ULELUZE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
Some of you guys sound like you wanted to go get the tag when the place was closed just to prove your point about how bad an idea you thought it was to put the mascot inside the gate.. I hope in real life you don't spend so much time pointing out potential faults in everything you come across.
I did a 2,400 km journey with this Egg and wanted to make sure it was able to continue.. I have read through this entire thread months ago and noticed the mascot changed many times, and one time it was because it was behind a locked gate.. At that point everyone seemed to agree this game was about the TAG not the mascot and the old mascot was left and the new one began.. At that point everyone also agreed the TAG needed to be accessable 24/7... This is why I mentioned the access issue.. It makes sense for the TAG to be available for everyones time schedule, which includes drives after work.. The EGG and TAG are still at the same location, just more accessible now, so people can go during business hours and look around the location, or if they dont have time they can just get the TAG and go.

Anyway, it was a great trip and the TAG made it very far this time which is the point... I look forward to seeing where it is off to next....

ULELUZE screwed with this post 12-17-2009 at 07:07 AM
ULELUZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:10 AM   #1290
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,313
Thumb

As the one who put Blockhead (not a chicken) in a National park that was closed at night, I'll throw in that nobody'd previously thought about the 24/7 access issue. We lived & learned. But the point was also that the ride and moving the tag was what was important.

I think Digiamo went above and beyond in providing an entertaining account and taking us along on his ride. Way to go! Thanks!