User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2009, 04:58 AM   #1321
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,140
I hear whiney people...

I don't mind the hand-off stuff, as it's basically just zero time between different riders placing and getting the tag. We've had tags before that've remained in place for only hours, so no big deal. More important than that, the tag has now seriously left the building (neighborhood?) and that's the point of the game!!!

You placed the tag as your GPS at the Stagecoach, right out in open view. Since you've been following the game, I'm sure the new guy will have photos as well. Since this is a long distance game, he can take days to post up.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing where the Egg pops up next!
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:14 AM   #1322
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
I think you are starting a new game if you are doing relay handoff stuff. That doesn't give anyone else much of a chance.
I'm pretty finiky about silly details...most of the time, but I disagree on this issue.

He did post a 'psuedo' placement pic, but someone else got the grab right on the spot...which is fine & cool. If someone else wanted the chance for a grab, they couldda been at this Stagecoach dropsite, because SilverSTreak91 DID mention that thats where he was headed. Apparently, someone else had their shit together and was waiting on the mark and got the grab. Good for them!

But there better be a 'grab shot'!!!

The idea IS to keep the egg moving....right?

Besides...I'd rather see a quick transfer like this, then to have the egg hiding in some bush out in the middle of Bumphuque Egypt where noone is available for miles, and is just sitting for weeks on end waiting for a grab. Grabs don't happen like this very often, so this is kinda unique, which is cool. IMO

www.artworks-unlimited.com

Patrick46 screwed with this post 12-31-2009 at 08:20 AM
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #1323
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46
The idea IS to keep the egg moving....right?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the game didn't start out as a relay across America. Certainly, we could play it that way, and just call ahead to a frlend in Terre Haute, Indiana, and arrange the handoff. Nothing wrong with that kinda game. Alas, this one didn't start that way.

A TOR type game, even with a mascot, is supposed to include a little sleuthing to figure out where the tag is located, a ride, and the excitement of getting there before someone else. Handoffs eliminate two out of three of the attractions to the game.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:21 AM   #1324
pbharvey
Tagoholic

Oddometer: 882
Its no skin off my nose, but what's deal here? The tag was grabbed from the softball field and placed at the Stagecoach....but the tag has left the Stagecoach by being "handed off" instead of a quick grab photo? Was the Stagecoach supposed to be an actual tag or are you just showing it as a meeting place for the hand-off? I'm not trying to make a Federal case out of this but consistency is part of what keeps this game from being customized at anyone's whim.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #1325
MAN OF BLUES
COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer: 2,808
Cry

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the game didn't start out as a relay across America. Certainly, we could play it that way, and just call ahead to a frlend in Terre Haute, Indiana, and arrange the handoff. Nothing wrong with that kinda game. Alas, this one didn't start that way.

A TOR type game, even with a mascot, is supposed to include a little sleuthing to figure out where the tag is located, a ride, and the excitement of getting there before someone else. Handoffs eliminate two out of three of the attractions to the game.
I kinda feel the same about this, It's at least a prerequesite to show a freaking picture of the handoff, and simply post it up saying you are giving it up to them and relenquishing the tag placement to them...and making sure all the players know who is carrying the tag on.....it's kind of a bogus way to do this seeing as all the folks who have searched out the tag, and carried the egg (and the chicken, and BLOCHEAD, remember blockhead?) all were playing the game, not just grabbing the sucker and passing it off....

oh well, I expect the people on the west coast are all gung ho on the idea, as they benefit from it.
I figger BlinkyFluid might have other feelings on how this digressed....

long live the egg....

It's just bogus to see someone walk in, without reading how the freakin game is played, and dust it off royal....
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...13&postcount=1

happens in every t-o-r, and now it's happened here.

MAN OF BLUES screwed with this post 12-31-2009 at 10:34 AM
MAN OF BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:41 AM   #1326
Bokononist

Oddometer: 16,121
long live the egg....
42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #1327
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,233
Can you at least tell us who now has Mr. Egg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSTreak91
Well, Mr Egg got placed today:

Attachment 222904

And I can tell you that he's already been picked up and is westbound, possibly for San Diego though it may be a few days before the new caretaker can post the update.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #1328
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN OF BLUES
It's kind of a bogus way to do this seeing as all the folks who have searched out the tag, and carried the egg (and the chicken, and BLOCHEAD, remember blockhead?) all were playing the game, not just grabbing the sucker and passing it off....
Hey, don't forget the duck that RedPower ran off with!

Confirmation of the find and the new rider with bike was an essential part of the game.

Why, you could even conceive of a tag transport with a trailer and bike all the way to Canada, for instance. Or just a motorcycle mirror for the photo.

I think it is time to restore some standardization to the game. Egg moved to new location. New "getter" has to find the new location, and ride there with a motorcycle. New "gotter" takes the tag to a new location 0N HIS/HER MOTORCYCLE!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #1329
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Hey, don't forget the duck that RedPower ran off with!

Confirmation of the find and the new rider with bike was an essential part of the game.

Why, you could even conceive of a tag transport with a trailer and bike all the way to Canada, for instance. Or just a motorcycle mirror for the photo.

I think it is time to restore some standardization to the game. Egg moved to new location. New "getter" has to find the new location, and ride there with a motorcycle. New "gotter" takes the tag to a new location 0N HIS/HER MOTORCYCLE!
I am not opposed to a hand off, but there MUST be a pic of it!
Old 12-31-2009, 12:44 PM   #1330
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,758
Seems to me the game is open to a "bruce".

From the rules on page one. I am sure any Iron Butt rider will understand the importance of following the rules.
Quote:
#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot.

Yankee Dog
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:30 PM   #1331
catang5oh
Blithering Idiot

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog
Seems to me the game is open to a "bruce".

From the rules on page one. I am sure any Iron Butt rider will understand the importance of following the rules.

Yankee Dog
Yes, i read it the same way, more than 12 hours have passed, so it looks like someone can go get a shot of Stagecoach and claim the Tag!
08 Ninja250(Hers)
99 Venture
05 CRF230
catang5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #1332
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 793
Stagecoach is an long disance RTE and as such challenges to rules as written if we want the egg to move really far in a short time. Riders at that rally are only there for a couple of hours with no time for a strict adherance to the letter of the law.
The high mileage to the lunch meet was 3810. I took that award.
I saw the handoff.
Mr. Egg is good hands and riding west with a responsible well known road rat who is on this board but just has not posted here in a while
A pic will get posted as soon as Motpmac gets his shit together and actually gets off the bike.
I know that he was asked to take Mr. Egg to San Diego and I thought it was a great idea.
So the rules were bent to get the game to the west coast...thanks for sharing motomac.
Thank you ....you are doing us a service without having even looked at the rules.
Let's just talk him through the process and help out as best we can.
I am sure this TOR will get back to it's old self once it gets to the left coast.

Let's all just take a deep breath...

Go motomac!!!
Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:03 PM   #1333
rulbe
Randy

Oddometer: 5
Danny
You are correct! We tried to keep the tag moving from the east to the west and traveling Mr Egg to Stagecoach was a great idea by Bill. I am sure some photos of the hand off pickup will be posted. It was a quick turn a round to keep Mr Egg moving the the great WEST. Mac is a person that travels from west coast to the east so who better to keep the tag moving. I know the rules are important but let's give the guys on the west coast a chance to move MR Egg.
rulbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #1334
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulbe
Danny
You are correct! We tried to keep the tag moving from the east to the west and traveling Mr Egg to Stagecoach was a great idea by Bill. I am sure some photos of the hand off pickup will be posted. It was a quick turn a round to keep Mr Egg moving the the great WEST. Mac is a person that travels from west coast to the east so who better to keep the tag moving. I know the rules are important but let's give the guys on the west coast a chance to move MR Egg.
I am all for keeping the tag moving and am OK with a hand off too. This issue lies with lack of a photo, nothing more.

Maybe the questions best asked are of Silver and they are;
1. If it was a straight up hand off and you have pic posting ability, why did you not post the pic?

2. If it was not a straight up hand off, why no pic of the drop?

One question for Motpmac.

1. If you are aware of and playign the game why not at least tell us you have the mascot and will post a pic shortly?
Old 12-31-2009, 10:19 PM   #1335
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 793
Remember... Deep breath.

Happy New year everyone.
Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote