Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2010, 01:39 AM   #1336
800SSDuc
Who is John Galt?

Oddometer: 356
Not real keen on how this went down but it's happened. I'll not bitch though as long as the recipient of the hand off is an existing member and there is a photo of the grab sometime real soon...... As it stands right now though it's up for a grab still as it hasn't really been officially grabbed yet. And if some one puts up a Bruced claim AND if the holder of the mascot lets 12hrs pass after that.... then .......

#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot. (does that make any sense??)
89 KLR650
87 750 Paso Ltd
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
A few Chinese 150 Dirt Bikes
800SSDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:34 AM   #1337
SilverSTreak91
Rider

Oddometer: 9
re:

1. If it was a straight up hand off and you have pic posting ability, why did you not post the pic?

I took the pic I posted and handed off the egg to Motomac 10 minutes later as I was preparing to leave. He rolled his bike over to get his photo as I pulled out.

2. If it was not a straight up hand off, why no pic of the drop?

One question for Motomac.

1. If you are aware of and playign the game why not at least tell us you have the mascot and will post a pic shortly?

He was headed out for a hard run back to San Diego. He posted on the ST Owners on his 1st stop that he was having Wi-Fi issues so couldn't post pix. He should get home today and I sent him a message to please post the pick-up photo asap. With 91,607 miles this year (at that is before his trip back to San Diego) he spends far more time in the saddle than most of us so let's give him a break ok?
STOC #1137 HSTA #9359 IBA #31709
SilverSTreak91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:54 AM   #1338
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSTreak91
re:

1. If it was a straight up hand off and you have pic posting ability, why did you not post the pic?

I took the pic I posted and handed off the egg to Motomac 10 minutes later as I was preparing to leave. He rolled his bike over to get his photo as I pulled out.

2. If it was not a straight up hand off, why no pic of the drop?

One question for Motomac.

1. If you are aware of and playign the game why not at least tell us you have the mascot and will post a pic shortly?

He was headed out for a hard run back to San Diego. He posted on the ST Owners on his 1st stop that he was having Wi-Fi issues so couldn't post pix. He should get home today and I sent him a message to please post the pick-up photo asap. With 91,607 miles this year (at that is before his trip back to San Diego) he spends far more time in the saddle than most of us so let's give him a break ok?
I have been following this drama since the egg was picked up in Florida...I think some of you FF's were a little quick on the draw on whining about the rules...Shit happens on the road so we should at least give whoever picks up the egg the benefit of the doubt until they post.

Anyone who puts 90,000+ miles on in a year has my respect!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #1339
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini
I have been following this drama since the egg was picked up in Florida...I think some of you FF's were a little quick on the draw on whining about the rules...Shit happens on the road so we should at least give whoever picks up the egg the benefit of the doubt until they post.

Anyone who puts 90,000+ miles on in a year has my respect!
Ok, so the guy rides 90K a year. I'll give him an A+ for that, but the issue is that the game has rules, plain and simple. If he could post a statement on the ST forum, there is no reason he could not have posted here that he had the mascot, but could not get pics to loud up.

I guess I am just one of the FF's in that I feel the game should be played by the established rules.

Carry on.

Any FFs out there planning a trip to the softball park to make an official grab? The way I see it, seeing that there is no drop shot and until such time as Motomac makes a post saying he has the Egg then the previous location is up for grabs.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:23 AM   #1340
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,585
So let's say someone grabs the egg all legal like and plans on riding it more than 12 hours away and gets bruced before he can get to a PC and post pics of the grab and new tag?? I think that rule needs to be modified. Sure it was a handoff but the egg is headed all the way to the left coast. I think that's pretty friggin cool. Now I really feel like a puss for only moving half way across Indiana. 90,000 plus mile in a year?? I don't even feel worthy of having my name on the egg. You guys did good in my book. Let's leave 2009 behind and ride bikes.
oPAULo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #1341
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 15,539
Happy New Year, North American Bag-O-Drama players!

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

ECUADOR: Maintaining Rigid Flexibility
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #1342
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown
Happy New Year, North American Bag-O-Drama players!

AHHHH HAHA!! Good one.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #1343
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Got to page one and read the rules. I have posted #4 and the first part of #5 below to make it easier.

Your sited example is a bit far fetched because;. if someone that wanted to play the game actually read the rules he/she would know going into it that a posting must be made with in 12 hours of the first "bruced" photo. They could actually have the mascot for weeks until such time as a "bruced" shot was posted. The problem right now is that we are in limbo as the current mascot holder has not placed a grab shot AND Silver has not placed a drop shot. If someone were to post a "bruced" shot of the softball field the 12 hour countdown clock begins.

Is it a technicality, maybe, but then again the rules of the game were established for a reason.

BLINKERFLUID, paging BLINKERFLUID - How about an addition to the rules stating handoffs MUST include a photo of the exchange.

#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to clame the tag. Please post your "bruced" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken. Tag claims must be posted within 12 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the even no official tag claim is made within 12 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot. (does that make any sense??)

#5 Read the Rules, understand the intent of the game.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #1344
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC
............................Silver has not placed a drop shot. ..........................
yes he did. The current tag is the Stagecoach Cafe in Stockton, Alabama. A pic was posted with Silver's bike in front of the Cafe. That is the TAG shot. The egg is also in the pic. Take a closer look at Silver's handlebars. You will see the egg sitting there.

So far no rules have been broken or even bent. There is just some frustration over a pic of the grab not being posted. So as I read the rules if someone wants to post a pic of their bike in front of the Stagecoach Cafe then the holder of Mr. Egg has 12 hours to post up or lose the grab. Any IBer should know if you dont have a pic of the target with your towel you dont get the points. No whining, that's just the way it is.

Yankee Dog

Yankee Dog
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #1345
Digiamo
Dan nyc

Oddometer: 793
Motomac deserves none of this ...
He was asked at Stagecoach to run the egg out to So CA.
He didn't even know what the game is.
I'll be the FF to take full responsibility for the snafu .
Motomac just said OK to a favor asked of him.
I understand rules but who among us hasn't bent a rule her and there?

Go Motomac.....and arrive safe.
Digiamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #1346
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,140
What a bunch of whining. I can't believe this bullcrap about wanting to call it a bruce on a technicality.

It's a community effort to move the tag and the guy is out riding. Give him a break and stop making it a legal issue.
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #1347
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Technically, if you consider Silvers post a drop tag, there is currently no fowl. Now, if someone take a photo at stagecoach and posts it the 12 hour clock starts and then.............
Old 01-01-2010, 01:11 PM   #1348
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

foul
Old 01-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #1349
drgnslayr72
smokeater

Oddometer: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker
What a bunch of whining. I can't believe this bullcrap about wanting to call it a bruce on a technicality.

It's a community effort to move the tag and the guy is out riding. Give him a break and stop making it a legal issue.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:42 PM   #1350
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,555
Geeze-la-weeze people!!! This is just a game!! You know, to simply have fun??? (I guess some folks seem to about forget that part in life)

I look at it this way...
maybe a technical mistake may have taken place here, but we all know that the egg is DEFINATELY on the move, by an extremely worthy rider. Let's let this guy make his post and stake his claim.
Once that is done, the 'game' can commence just as before.

and 90,000 miles a year??? DAAM!!!!!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote