UpST8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:57 PM   #1367
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo
foul
I figured FOWL seeing as the mascot is an EGG.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #1368
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackhawk
Ok time for my 2cents. First i could give a crap if someone rides a million miles a year ,wow remind me to give ya a cookie. Second there are only five simple rules FIVE. Three If thats how some guys want to play the game then maybe consider starting your own game and play with yourselves. Four well damn i should have just kept the egg i mean hell there is no rule against it so why not. Five for guys who say they wanna keep it moving ,then where the hell is the egg. Most people myself included have made this tag very easy to find as to keep it moving. And again its one of the five simple rules FIVE! I guess whoever wants it now is gonna have to make an appointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac
I could leave the egg at Hodad's and have a homeless person find it and trade it for a doobie if that would make ya feel better about the rules.

I have to agree with Hackhawk on this one.

Taking a picture of some place and then telling folks to PM you when they think they will be there is simply BS sir. The spirit and intent of the game is for the mascot to be dropped/hidden somewhere and the next person to go find it.

If you want to set up a hand-off TOR, go set one up, but please do not try to turn one that was working well as designed into something it is not.

If the place you took a picture of is not a safe place to leave the mascot or even a safe place to be then go find somewhere that is, take pic of the place, a pic of where Mr. Egg is hidden and then let the game progress as it is intended to.

Please, would another left coaster rescue Mr. Egg and return the game to it's original intent.
Old 01-02-2010, 03:51 AM   #1369
motomac
Mac

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC
I have to agree with Hackhawk on this one.

Taking a picture of some place and then telling folks to PM you when they think they will be there is simply BS sir. The spirit and intent of the game is for the mascot to be dropped/hidden somewhere and the next person to go find it.

If you want to set up a hand-off TOR, go set one up, but please do not try to turn one that was working well as designed into something it is not.

If the place you took a picture of is not a safe place to leave the mascot or even a safe place to be then go find somewhere that is, take pic of the place, a pic of where Mr. Egg is hidden and then let the game progress as it is intended to.

Please, would another left coaster rescue Mr. Egg and return the game to it's original intent.
That certainly clears things up for me. The egg is located in the bird feeder at 4775 Del Monte Ave. San Diego CA. I'll post a picture when the sun comes up.
'13 Gold Wing 19,670 miles
motomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:40 AM   #1370
Yankee Dog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,898
Moto - Dont sulk.

O2 - Dont throw such a hissy fit.

A bit of variation is not such a big deal. I am sure the game will survive it. The current rules allow for a situation when the mascot cannt be found. Maybe we will just end up with a Left Coast egg.

After all the game is about the TAG (photo) and not the mascot. The mascot is just there to prevent the use of file photos.

Just my worthless opinion.

Yankee Dog
Yankee Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:48 AM   #1371
Hack
Meet George Jetson

Oddometer: 3,678
Yes i was a little rude and sorry for that. Good job Motomac and thanks for moving things along to the left coast. I cant believe noone that knows me didnt bust my balls about my post cause hell i still cant post pics by myself, lost my wallet and hit a deer in pursuit of the egg ,so i do understand stuff happens Welcome back Motomac I will pay for burgers at Hodads when i get there.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:09 AM   #1372
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,797
Neat!

I think it's pretty cool that the egg is on the West Coast! Nice job everyone. It's always nice when a plan comes together.

I'd suggest, though, that the game be returned to it's basics, with real drops, real finds, and riding motorcycles.

Restore the game to it's roots, and everyone will be happy.

Again, for getting it to San Diego! Can I do a "Fly and Ride" to get the tag?
Old 01-02-2010, 07:14 AM   #1373
motomac
Mac

OK boys and girls, here is the egg. The addtess is posted above and it will be there 24/7. If noone has moved it in a week, I'll take it out to Borrego Springs and put it in a verrrrrry safe place. I got the impression that I had to do something very quick or lose my birthday, hence the Hodad's shot. My bike is in grave need of maintenance and before I can go any great distances I have to put on new brake pads, new tires, and an air cleaner. Have a good time.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2010, 07:20 AM   #1374
NoBull
Lovin my new KLR

Oddometer: 256
Dam Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomac
OK boys and girls, here is the egg. The addtess is posted above and it will be there 24/7. If noone has moved it in a week, I'll take it out to Borrego Springs and put it in a verrrrrry safe place. I got the impression that I had to do something very quick or lose my birthday, hence the Hodad's shot. My bike is in grave need of maintenance and before I can go any great distances I have to put on new brake pads, new tires, and an air cleaner. Have a good time.

Mac you play tag here as well? You are the man...
Old 01-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #1375
motomac
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBull
Mac you play tag here as well? You are the man...
Unfortunately I kinda got coerced into something I didn't really want to do. I thought it was just a tag game similar to ours at st-owners and took the bait. And you know the tag that Smash did for you and Follow, now you can come visit me!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:36 AM   #1376
RC Pilot
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Dog
Moto - Don't sulk.

O2 - Don't throw such a hissy fit.

A bit of variation is not such a big deal. I am sure the game will survive it. The current rules allow for a situation when the mascot cant be found. Maybe we will just end up with a Left Coast egg.

After all the game is about the TAG (photo) and not the mascot. The mascot is just there to prevent the use of file photos.

Just my worthless opinion.

Yankee Dog
Yankee, your opinion is not worthless, very close to worthless, but not worthless. Variation is one this, just doing your own thing and a PM I'll meet you and give you the Egg is bogus.

Yes, the games allows for the Egg not being found, but this is for a situation when the Mascot is taken by some one that happens across it. If you read back through the thread, a situation where the mascot was not available 24/7 has occurred before, it only caused problems and it was decided it SHOULD be available 24/7

Granted the game is not about any specific mascot, but let me remind you of rule 4;
#4 Tag mascot (i.e. blockhead, chicken, etc.) is required to claim the tag.

I am not trying to be an ass, even if I am succeeding at it, but the rules for the game are there for a reason. If you, and others, do not like them or do not want to abide by them you should go set up a game with the rules you want. If not, abide by the rules of this one and enjoy the party.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #1377
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,696
Hey, we've got a weekend here now...
Somebody should be able to buzz on over there, grab the egg, and get this game back on track!
My question is, if this is in your back yard, can a rider get his bike in there for the grab shot???

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #1378
motomac
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick46
Hey, we've got a weekend here now...
Somebody should be able to buzz on over there, grab the egg, and get this game back on track!
My question is, if this is in your back yard, can a rider get his bike in there for the grab shot???
Front yard and yes there is plenty of room on the sidewalk to get a shot. My sweetheart parks her 4 Runner there when she unloads groceries.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #1379
nukeman
rad

Oddometer: 344
The spirit and intent of the game is to get people off their butts and on their bikes and having fun.
Nitpicking rules will do far more harm to the game by chasing off new participants than anything else, and filling this thread with BS and threatening to subvert the SPIRIT of the game with Brucings, when we all knew the egg was on the move, only makes it worse.

Now to get the tag you need to get a bike shot at Hodad's (not Motomac's sidewalk) and go to Motomac's house and trade him a beer for the egg. (it's in the rules... honest!)

I think a new rule should allow the banning of all "lawyer wannabes". (you know who...)

I just wish I lived close enough to Motomac to thank him in person for his help in moving it to warmer weather, and for putting up with this BS.

Maybe the egg could use a nice long "Mexican Vacation".
nukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #1380
motomac
Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeman
Maybe the egg could use a nice long "Mexican Vacation".
I do have a Canadian friend who lives in T town, but unfortunatley he is visiting in Canada now. Why anyone who lives in Mexico would go to Canada at this time of year is beyond me.