Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #136
calrider
I'm Lost Too!!

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by awm
I think i'd try it with sporket changes,first.I mean trani swap is a big job.
Might be easyer to swap the XRR suspention to a XRL.Just my two cents.
If you go to www.cycoactive.com and goto trail tips,there a section for a XR400R 6th gear.Its not a 6th gear but its how those guys,swap out sprockets on a big run,so they can get the road gear and still maintain the offroad gear'n.Besides they have a great product and good tips.
I checked out the link. Exactly what I need! I was thinking of a solution something like this, but I thought I would have to have two sizes of both the front and rear. Nice to know you can do it with just two different fronts. Now I need to count the teeth on my stock setup and see if it's the same as the xr400 setup they describe. Thanks AWM.
calrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:01 AM   #137
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,390
Yea alot easyer then a trani swap!!
Glad i could help.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 04:05 AM   #138
Oz Nutter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,168
'93 XR250 BAJA Frame swap with XR250R?

I've got a 250 Baja, the frame has no compliance plate (Australia) its a 1993 model.
What year XR250R can I do a frame swap with?
Cheers
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #139
mphoppe
Hops

Oddometer: 578
Need to verify a Footpeg fix...

In fixing my right footpeg on my XR650R it looks like the XR250R uses some of the same weak stock hardware. Anybody with a XR250R want to try a set of bolts to verify fitment for me? PM me ...

The stock bolts stretch and break (really bad landing a jump)...check out this thread for a cheap fix;
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466034

2006 1150 GS Adventure
2006 CRF 250X
2010 KTM 690R
1995 R100GS (sold)
2007 XR650R as new, for sale
2001 XR650R Desert Bike
2006 KLR 650 Commuter (Sold)
2004 XR650R (sold)
2002 XR650R (sold)
Pro Racing Photos http://mikephotos.smugmug.com/
mphoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM   #140
where is neutral?
n00b

Oddometer: 8
82 Xr

Memorial day ride at Houston Valley ORV. Safe to say the bike was older than most of the riders out there! We did great until we got into slick potters clay on some steep hills. Little action figure is #1 son. Good times!

where is neutral? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:01 AM   #141
valvecrusher
tractus pro pensio™

Oddometer: 1,703
has anyone

ever put a XR250R motor in an XR250L?

How did you like it?
valvecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #142
sixer OP
I suffer from Ainrofilac

Oddometer: 1,220
Want to hear some sad news? My XR250R will be for sale at the end of June. I'm moving back to CA and will have zero time for motorcycles. Not to mention I will not have a truck anymore so even if I wanted to ride I'd have no way to get it places. It sucks but it will only be a temp thing (~2 years) till I'm done with school and have more free time.

Support your local Search and Rescue Teams.
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #143
calrider
I'm Lost Too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer
Want to hear some sad news? My XR250R will be for sale at the end of June. I'm moving back to CA and will have zero time for motorcycles. Not to mention I will not have a truck anymore so even if I wanted to ride I'd have no way to get it places. It sucks but it will only be a temp thing (~2 years) till I'm done with school and have more free time.
So sad...
Old 06-20-2009, 04:08 AM   #144
Werdun
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hi guys! This is my first post here so hello all!

I've just bought my first XR (94) after putting around on an old XL250. That was a good learner bike, but the reliability of the XL and of the XRs that some of my mates ride had me looking specifically for an XR250.

A little bit about myself: I'm a female rider just getting into enduro maybe-semi-seriously but have just got my L's too so needed something that I could play with and possibly get into competition, and still road legal. My XL had been out of action for a while (stuffed gearbox...anyone looking for parts?) and I was feeling like a right git hanging out with the boys on their 400s while I was stuck on whatever ag bike was spare! One of the guys put me on his 400, but that got crossed off the list after the first berm when I put my foot out and the ground wasn't there! Fall down. Too big for me, and to be honest, too much power for where I'm at, especially since a lot of the trails I do are quite tight.

That's one of the things I love about the XR250...I can ride so I feel like I'm pushing it, but I know that no matter how hard I ride, there will always be more power there when I need it. It's just a perfect bike for me and I'm so happy with it, though I haven't really had a chance to play in the dirt with it yet.

My next one will have electric start though!
Werdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #145
Intrigue_262000
Did you see that wheelie?

Oddometer: 1,061
XR250R forks

Does anyone know what size the forks are on a 1992 XR250R? I need new fork boots but am not sure what I need to get. Thanks for any info.
Intrigue_262000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #146
calrider
I'm Lost Too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdun
Hi guys! This is my first post here so hello all!

I've just bought my first XR (94) after putting around on an old XL250. That was a good learner bike, but the reliability of the XL and of the XRs that some of my mates ride had me looking specifically for an XR250.
Welcome to the world of XRs! I'm sure you'll love it.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:19 AM   #147
calrider
I'm Lost Too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calrider
I checked out the link. Exactly what I need! I was thinking of a solution something like this, but I thought I would have to have two sizes of both the front and rear. Nice to know you can do it with just two different fronts. Now I need to count the teeth on my stock setup and see if it's the same as the xr400 setup they describe. Thanks AWM.
I ended up going for a 49 rear and 13 and 15 front. This gives me slightly more "trail" than stock at 13 and a lot more "street" at 15. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #148
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by calrider
I ended up going for a 49 rear and 13 and 15 front. This gives me slightly more "trail" than stock at 13 and a lot more "street" at 15. I'll let you know how it works out.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #149
vladg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Hi XR's oweners. I use to see old threads about XR250 and how to tune it. I was surprise to find fresh thread. So someone still interested.

OK I'm another happy owner of '06 XR250. Got it last year. Bike was looks like just rolled out from factory. Really good shape, no scratches or so (but don't worry I add a lot sence). Its was supermoto model and I turn it to be an enduro.

I'v living on south of Ukraine, and its sandy area mostly. I got a new Metzeler Karoo for read rim and Pirelli MT-21 for front one. As well install 48 theeth rear sprocket and some items like hand guards. Was ready to build a rear rack but still no time for it.

Sorry can't attach pictures. Still trying.
vladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #150
calrider
I'm Lost Too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladg
Hi XR's oweners. I use to see old threads about XR250 and how to tune it. I was surprise to find fresh thread. So someone still interested.

OK I'm another happy owner of '06 XR250. Got it last year. Bike was looks like just rolled out from factory. Really good shape, no scratches or so (but don't worry I add a lot sence). Its was supermoto model and I turn it to be an enduro.

I'v living on south of Ukraine, and its sandy area mostly. I got a new Metzeler Karoo for read rim and Pirelli MT-21 for front one. As well install 48 theeth rear sprocket and some items like hand guards. Was ready to build a rear rack but still no time for it.

Sorry can't attach pictures. Still trying.
Hi Vlad,
Welcome to the thread! I'm just in the middle of building a rear rack for mine. I'll post pics as we proceed.