Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #2251
GSAnderson
Wandering Swede

Oddometer: 2,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoPro753 View Post
My new to me VFR:

-Owner had all the maintenance records from Honda dealer up the road from him. Test ride checked out.

-Farkles include: Elka rear shock, progressive front springs, Sargent seat, Ken's top case bracket, scottoiler, risers, peg lowering, speedohealer, heated grips, laminar lip, lights, fuel cell hookup, and other stuff I've forgotten.

Here are the pics. Excited to get plates and ride.

Nice looking bike! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
GSAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #2252
SnoPro753
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAnderson View Post
Nice looking bike! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Thanks again! I got a plate and went for a ride last night. You weren't kidding about those lights being bright! Makes the low beams seem pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zDollar Bill View Post
^^ Snopro what year is that? Looks great! I like the driving lights, can you check for the name/ brand?
I am not sure of the brand but I will get you a name and a picture when I get a chance. They are super bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat110 View Post
Great looking bike SnoPro!
Paint your radiator black and it will tie in with your seat and wont clash with the silver of the bike as much.
Very nice example of a very nice bike
Stupid question time: How do you paint a radiator? Can you spray paint it? Won't the paint affect the cooling ability of the radiator?

Edit: Google to the rescue. Eastwood sells radiator black in spray can.
http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-rad...ack-paint.html

SnoPro753 screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 12:06 PM
SnoPro753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #2253
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,933
Quote:

Stupid question time: How do you paint a radiator? Can you spray paint it? Won't the paint affect the cooling ability of the radiator?

Edit: Google to the rescue. Eastwood sells radiator black in spray can.
http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-rad...ack-paint.html
Just be careful you don't spray it on so thick that it bridges the gap between any fins.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #2254
Dunkel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Yea, it's in La Grange, east of Modesto. I don't remember the routes they take on the tour but you very well could have hit that spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac57 View Post

Hey, Dunkel- is that last pic near Moodesto? I think I may have been in that spot during the Amgen Tour of CA a few years ago.
Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #2255
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Oddometer: 496
Well I got sick of not being able to reach the ground comfortably on my '99, so at work the other night when I had some spare time, I cut down the height of the foam, and scalloped the sides in a bit. It has made such a difference to it! I need to take more off the sides of the seat but not by much.
Otherwise, it was an hour well spent.
I'll post pics up tomorrow or Saturday. My phone is flat and the charger is in the shed.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #2256
BRad704
Journeyman

Oddometer: 30
I have renewed VFR fever!

My 93 has been restored and sitting in my shop for 3 months while I wait on a title from the PO. I talked to him today and he has submitted all the paperwork and is still just waiting to hear back/get title himself.

I do have another bike to ride, so I haven't been pressuring him, but now, I'm getting excited again!
BRad704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #2257
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Anyone here know if is possible to fit the rear disk and stud assy from a VFR1200 to a VFR800? I was thinking about putting the rim from the VFR1200 will fit on a 99 VFR800
They look pretty sweet, and its financially good as a second option if I can't source a 5.5 inch VFR750 8 spoke rim from in Australia.

rat110 screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 06:01 AM
rat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #2258
SnoPro753
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by zDollar Bill View Post
^^ Snopro what year is that? Looks great! I like the driving lights, can you check for the name/ brand?
Year is 2003. Driving lights are "Eclipse" brand. Bright as hell. Very white light. Previous owner custom made the brackets. Wired up so that they come on with high beams. They take a little while to warm up though. Here are a few pics.

SnoPro753 screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 01:23 PM
SnoPro753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #2259
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Quote:
Year is 2003. Driving lights are "Eclipse" brand. Bright as hell. Very white light. Previous owner custom made the brackets. Wired up so that they come on with high beams. They take a little while to warm up though. Here are a few pics.

For a motorbike, the lights are fairly bright, however I do a bit of middle of the night riding, so the high beams could be better.
I was discussing led light bars with my mate the other night and where to fit them. These lights might be another option. If I am going to install something however, I want it to be hard to spot. Tucked up and hidden. Something to add to my whiteboard of future modifications.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #2260
Achtung
Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Anybody use these rotors? They're Chinese and the price is too good to believe but they have good feed back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Set-Bra...a440ec&vxp=mtr

Achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #2261
stormica
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I guess technically this is my "Hi Everyone, I'm the latest noob", and also my "I have a VFR800 too" post all in one. :)

I bought my 2008 VFR800 as a left over in 2010.

My VFR is lowered using the Sigma Cycle lowering kit, and for my height -5'4", (and as a female I reserve the right to withhold my weight ) it was a huge change. The first thing I thought when I sat on it after the modification was: "Oh! This is how the other half live!" I could back the bike up while on it for the first time, and slow speed maneuvers don't have me kicking my feet out to stabilize as quickly anymore. The only complaint I have about it is the risers make one of the throttle cables rub on the ignition housing and abrade it. DH put a piece of inner tube on the lock cylinder to protect it, but I'll be replacing a throttle cable sooner than I wanted to.

TheBT-021s were replaced with Pirelli Angel STs at about 1200ms (750mi), and I've got over 12K kms (somewhere around 7500mi) on them at the moment, and they're just now starting to square off a little. (We have a short riding year and a lot of straight roads in Central Alberta Canada)

Other than that, it's all comfort mods: Heated grips, AirHawk2 - it's ugly but I can ride a lot longer, Honda tank bag and tail bag, Givi Cases, power point for the GoPro, phone, GPS, and the Scala Rider soon to be replaced by a Sena SMH10-11. I'll try to dig up a non-bug squished photo tonight.
stormica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #2262
rat110
Has a Zombie House

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormica View Post
I guess technically this is my "Hi Everyone, I'm the latest noob", and also my "I have a VFR800 too" post all in one. :)

I bought my 2008 VFR800 as a left over in 2010.

My VFR is lowered using the Sigma Cycle lowering kit, and for my height -5'4", (and as a female I reserve the right to withhold my weight ) it was a huge change. The first thing I thought when I sat on it after the modification was: "Oh! This is how the other half live!" I could back the bike up while on it for the first time, and slow speed maneuvers don't have me kicking my feet out to stabilize as quickly anymore. The only complaint I have about it is the risers make one of the throttle cables rub on the ignition housing and abrade it. DH put a piece of inner tube on the lock cylinder to protect it, but I'll be replacing a throttle cable sooner than I wanted to.

TheBT-021s were replaced with Pirelli Angel STs at about 1200ms (750mi), and I've got over 12K kms (somewhere around 7500mi) on them at the moment, and they're just now starting to square off a little. (We have a short riding year and a lot of straight roads in Central Alberta Canada)

Other than that, it's all comfort mods: Heated grips, AirHawk2 - it's ugly but I can ride a lot longer, Honda tank bag and tail bag, Givi Cases, power point for the GoPro, phone, GPS, and the Scala Rider soon to be replaced by a Sena SMH10-11. I'll try to dig up a non-bug squished photo tonight.
Welcome to the forum Stormica!
I feel your pain regarding the height (and heft) of the Viffer. Im 5 foot 6, however I have quite short legs. I shaved over an inch out of the seat foam height and scalloped the sides of the seat so I can get my legs closer together. What a difference!

Your bike sounds suitably modified for some good distance riding, however there are no pictures. The rule book says pics or it didn't happen

I put a Michelin Power One on the front of mine, and I can bring it down so damn low and power out of corners so damn hard I either wheel stand or spin up the rear. Amazing front tyre!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #2263
stormica
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat110 View Post
Welcome to the forum Stormica!
I feel your pain regarding the height (and heft) of the Viffer. Im 5 foot 6, however I have quite short legs. I shaved over an inch out of the seat foam height and scalloped the sides of the seat so I can get my legs closer together. What a difference!

Your bike sounds suitably modified for some good distance riding, however there are no pictures. The rule book says pics or it didn't happen

I put a Michelin Power One on the front of mine, and I can bring it down so damn low and power out of corners so damn hard I either wheel stand or spin up the rear. Amazing front tyre!
Hah! Well we can't have people think I'm just trolling the forums for guys ;)

Here are two pics of the bike. Dirty, but also apparently the only photos of it in 2 years. What's up with that?

The good news is, despite its weight issue, because I also ride dirt, my legs are still strong enough to get the bike off its sidestand most days.

I've heard those Power Ones were really good tires. Why only on the front though? What's on the rear? The Pirellis may be a little too confidence inspiring, DH has told me to slow down in the rain more than once, but I'm not losing traction at all, so it doesn't feel like I need to. (Yes, I have though.) Really, the only pucker moment included leftover gravel from the winter, plus rain, plus a slightly over inflated set of tires in a corner.

Interesting about the seat foam. I didn't think there was that much padding... is it noticeably harder when you sit on it? When we did that to my KTM, the seat got harder (though I'm not sure how that's possible from a stock KTM seat) and somewhat harder on my knees to get up off the seat.

stormica screwed with this post 05-15-2013 at 08:04 PM
stormica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #2264
Lil' Steve
PussyWagon™ Chauffer

Oddometer: 3,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormica View Post

The VFR looks great in that color.
Lil' Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #2265
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,855
Stormica-

That is a great looking Evil Viffer. BTW, don't feel bad about coming here to troll for guys, I come here to troll for chicks who ride.

Wendy

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote