Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #2266
stormica
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Steve View Post
The VFR looks great in that color.
Thanks Steve! I can honestly say it's the first vehicle I've gotten in my first choice of colors. :) It even seems to hide some of its dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray of Sunshine View Post
Stormica-

That is a great looking Evil Viffer. BTW, don't feel bad about coming here to troll for guys, I come here to troll for chicks who ride.

Wendy
Funny, that's what a friend called it when he saw it for the first time too - Evil. I think it's just misunderstood.

I'm guessing the pickings are a little slimmer, and competition a little fiercer looking for gals who ride, eh? I see lots of gals riding, but not so many on the "Sporty" sport touring bikes, less riding duals. Lots of gixxers, r6s, CBRs, cruisers. I know only one other girl around here who rides a vfr.
stormica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #2267
v4play
Throttlephile

Oddometer: 31
I have one!
v4play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #2268
ssason
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4play View Post
I have one!
proof

pics, pics, pics

www.arcor-kompass-trophy.de
ssason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #2269
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,494
S'pose I better sign in, having just acquired one of these beasties. I've always wanted one, I came very close to buying one new in 1994, but the dealer was a prime twatwaffle so I bought a Triumph Trophy instead.

Lately I'd been thinking about getting a hot "classic" sprotsbike from the early nineties, something that was desirable in my early years of road riding: Fireblade, ZXR750, RGV250, something of that nature. However this RC36 popped up at the right price and in very good condition for its age (a rare thing in NZ where people either neglect them completely or bodge them up with very non-original parts) and I figured a sports-tourer would be more useful than a pure sports bike. These things were no slouch in their day so performance will be more than adequate to keep me amused on the street, I should think.

No, it is not a modern bike and the 800 is said to be streets better in terms of handling, but I didn't want a modern bike: I wanted a cheap "classic" I could bond with and keep for a long time.

So here it is: a 1996 with 109K km on the clock. It's had an easy life by all accounts, and shouldn't require any major maintenance for a while with many of the less frequent stuff replaced recently.

Sorry, crappy phone pic. It hasn't even been washed

Love the V4 sound and the cam gear drive whine!
The Stable
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #2270
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
S'pose I better sign in, having just acquired one of these beasties. I've always wanted one, I came very close to buying one new in 1994, but the dealer was a prime twatwaffle so I bought a Triumph Trophy instead.

Lately I'd been thinking about getting a hot "classic" sprotsbike from the early nineties, something that was desirable in my early years of road riding: Fireblade, ZXR750, RGV250, something of that nature. However this RC36 popped up at the right price and in very good condition for its age (a rare thing in NZ where people either neglect them completely or bodge them up with very non-original parts) and I figured a sports-tourer would be more useful than a pure sports bike. These things were no slouch in their day so performance will be more than adequate to keep me amused on the street, I should think.

No, it is not a modern bike and the 800 is said to be streets better in terms of handling, but I didn't want a modern bike: I wanted a cheap "classic" I could bond with and keep for a long time.

So here it is: a 1996 with 109K km on the clock. It's had an easy life by all accounts, and shouldn't require any major maintenance for a while with many of the less frequent stuff replaced recently.

Sorry, crappy phone pic. It hasn't even been washed

Love the V4 sound and the cam gear drive whine!

Nice. Very cool you found one with a solo cowl already installed. I had to buy mine from an inmate for $100. Keep an eye on all the mounting tabs though...they like to crack and start to break off. I've been running my '95 without the seat cowl on it for a few months because I need to fix a cowl tab that is badly cracked and about to fall off.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #2271
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Dual Sport & VFR'S

Can VFR's be used for dual sport?

Hmmmmm, guess that's why God gave us DRZ's.........
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #2272
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Oddometer: 16,855
You can take the evil ones off road, since , well, they are evil.

Life is better, but why not?
Ray of Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #2273
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Love the V4 sound and the cam gear drive whine![/QUOTE]

Very pretty. Sorry you couldn't find an RG250, though, I lust after one of those.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:29 AM   #2274
warewolf
Tyre critic

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray of Sunshine View Post
Sorry you couldn't find an RG250, though, I lust after one of those.
Yeah, most of the ones I've seen in the last couple of years are pretty rough. I'd be happy with an RGV250, KR-1S, or Aprilia RS250. The latter can be newer and more expensive, but also better. Maybe later!

Had a first good ride today, and me likee!
The Stable
warewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #2275
Ray of Sunshine
Meat Donut 2 Some

Had my '99 out for a short ride last night. I forgot how it makes that tremendous induction moan as you rise up the RPM scale. Damn, I love that bike.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #2276
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Oddometer: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post

Hmmmmm, guess that's why God gave us DRZ's.........
why not,

Storm Shadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #2277
stormica
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
Sure. This "trail" got worse after the photo.

I don't think I would do rock gardens with it though... which is why we turned back.
stormica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #2278
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

I had a couple of km if walking track that was very very rocky and hilly i i just couldnt turn around

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers
Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #2279
MapMaster
Human Compass

Oddometer: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Shadow View Post
why not,
Thanks for saving me the effort of finding suitable evidence. Especially since I don't have any of mine in deep gravel or sand
Which btw, the VFR absolutely sucks at (that's why I have no pictures, I was too busy holding it upright).

It's not good in mud either, but on your normal dirt/gravel/grass it does just fine.
MapMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #2280
Storm Shadow
Thread Ninja

Last year a mate and i went to a bike rally winter cold drillzy rain took a wrong turn down the putty and followed the gps. Ended up going down this dirt road road it was good hard at first then turned into 5 inches of deep graded clay. We had gone too far to turn around and i wasnt sure i could turn around. I did about 15km of that with no tractoon front or rear. Mud was so thick up past the rubber in parts. Idle along using my feet as out riggers keeping it upright. Mirrors in for when i was going down. You turn the bars and it just goes ahead until you kick your feet down. Made it with out dropping it. Did have a stick go into my fairing and headers. New staino headers too.. but didnt go down. Until the next day when i rode off with a disk lock on sheering my brakes off.. but thats another story

Think they had put something on the road to dress it. Had a grader at the end and road work stuff everywhere. Mates 200cc yam scorpion ate that road though flat track style no photos we did not stop on that road... dont think an adv bike but a light thing would have done anything better than us.

this was just afterwards when we got to the other side to a ferry...

yep white bike, not dirty much, coz it was all wet mud, no dust

send on a small touch screen by a guy with fat fingers

Storm Shadow screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 12:53 AM