ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 12:13 AM   #331
garrett the nerd
Sprocket Protector
 
garrett the nerd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Kalamazoo, Mi
Oddometer: 871
great work! that bike's gonna be a stunner
__________________
Certain, swift, and severe.
garrett the nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #332
Marco Moto
Voyager
 
Marco Moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: surrounded by the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by YZman


...and for the 1st time in a long time it rolled outside on its own wheels

Looks VERY cool!
__________________
-Marco Moto
Marco Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:51 AM   #333
B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer
 
B.Curvin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Left of the dial. Canton, NC
Oddometer: 2,678




You gonna run mooflers? I think a set of pea shooters angled to run

parallel with the lower bar of the rear triangle would be sweeeet.

Or maybe reverse mega phones with baffles.
__________________
Mutt'n the custard.

Porsche Audi VW
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #334
buckie
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 7
That is a great looking bike, what stretch and drop did you end up getting. I'm doing the same thing to a 71 Triumph OIF. Thanks
buckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:49 AM   #335
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees
 
YZman's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Meeeechigan
Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckie
That is a great looking bike, what stretch and drop did you end up getting. I'm doing the same thing to a 71 Triumph OIF. Thanks
Its a 4" stretch and 2-1/2" drop. If you want to run a round oil tank (like mine) 4" stretch is the minimum for proper clearance from what Ive heard. But with your OIF I dont know if you can run a oil tank (or need to)
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:44 AM   #336
bmwblake
upside down parker
 
bmwblake's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: nashville, tn
Oddometer: 3,274
there's no place or need for a tank on an OIF bike.





Quote:
Originally Posted by YZman
Its a 4" stretch and 2-1/2" drop. If you want to run a round oil tank (like mine) 4" stretch is the minimum for proper clearance from what Ive heard. But with your OIF I dont know if you can run a oil tank (or need to)
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #337
buckie
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 7
Thanks for the info guys, do you have a full picture of that bike with the OIF frame?
buckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:11 AM   #338
bmwblake
upside down parker
 
bmwblake's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: nashville, tn
Oddometer: 3,274
it belongs to a friend of mine. i just get to work on it with him.




Quote:
Originally Posted by buckie
Thanks for the info guys, do you have a full picture of that bike with the OIF frame?
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #339
buckie
n00b
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Oddometer: 7
Thanks for the photo, do you happen to know what drop he used on the hardtail? Thanks
buckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #340
bmwblake
upside down parker
 
bmwblake's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: nashville, tn
Oddometer: 3,274
i do not. is there a spot i could measure and determine that? if so i can find out the next time i'm over there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by buckie
Thanks for the photo, do you happen to know what drop he used on the hardtail? Thanks
bmwblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #341
Pigford
British
 
Pigford's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Dorset, UK
Oddometer: 893
OIF don't have a detachable (bolt on) rear sub-frame, so they need fabrication to either weld them on, or weld some mounts. No real big problem, but the pre-OIF is easier to modify with a spanner
Pigford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #342
AKjeff
Beastly Adventurer
 
AKjeff's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Carson Valley
Oddometer: 4,860
Somewhere in the 380+ pages of the chopper thread (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430849) is an OIF with an oil tank and the frame is used as the gas tank. It's pretty sweet in it's bare bones simplicity.
__________________
"We can choose to know better or choose to be bitter." OldRoadToad

AKjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #343
danedg
Horizontally Opposed
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: U-puku-ipi-sing
Oddometer: 6,151




Swamp thang......
danedg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:01 AM   #344
caljon88
Gnarly Adventurer
 
caljon88's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 112
I have a guy at work selling a 69 BSA A65, it has everything including forks and wheels but no frame he says. He is asking $150 for everything, I'm not sure of the condition but he said the motor is in great shape. I'll take picture this morning and post them so you can help me decide if I should buy it. How hard will it be to find a bobber frame? I would be new to all this so I'll be lost! I don't want to miss a good deal though.
caljon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:06 AM   #345
YZman OP
Bouncing off Trees
 
YZman's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Meeeechigan
Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by caljon88
I have a guy at work selling a 69 BSA A65, it has everything including forks and wheels but no frame he says. He is asking $150 for everything, I'm not sure of the condition but he said the motor is in great shape. I'll take picture this morning and post them so you can help me decide if I should buy it. How hard will it be to find a bobber frame? I would be new to all this so I'll be lost! I don't want to miss a good deal though.
Frames are easy. Stock frames are all over ebay for relatively cheep. Or you can go a David Bird custom frame for around 1k. I say BUY it
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014