Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #511
D0N1
Banned

Oddometer: 11
Thumb 95 atk 260LQ -1-less than 10 total hours on it.

I recently picked up my very 1st ATK.

I got it from the original owner who said he only rode it 10 hours or less. He bought it brand new in 2005 from a dealer here in upstate NY. The dealer had it sitting in the crate in his storeroom for 10 years!

Looking at the like new condition, I have to believe him that there's around 10 hours on the bike. The only issue is with the tank decals yellowing and starting to peel off around the 2 holes in the tank.
I'm sending in my paperwork today to get it street legal and registered in Vermont. ATK parts informs me that they still have the wiring harness & regulator for lights. I figure that I'll get a headlight and tail light from ebay.

Here's my last street legal 2 stroker. It was just too much so I ended up selling it.

D0N1 screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 06:13 AM
D0N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #512
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
^ Welcome and nice score on the 95 Based on looks I'd have to agree it probably hasn't been rode much!
Old 02-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #513
Island Rider
solo adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Don1 your avatar should be Rip Van Winkle.
Nice find!
Island Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #514
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0N1 View Post

I got it from the original owner who said he only rode it 10 hours or less. He bought it brand new in 2005 from a dealer here in upstate NY. The dealer had it sitting in the crate in his storeroom for 10 years!

Looking at the like new condition, I have to believe him that there's around 10 hours on the bike. The only issue is with the tank decals yellowing and starting to peel off around the 2 holes in the tank.
I'm sending in my paperwork today to get it street legal and registered in Vermont. ATK parts informs me that they still have the wiring harness & regulator for lights. I figure that I'll get a headlight and tail light from ebay.

Here's my last street legal 2 stroker. It was just too much so I ended up selling it.

The wiring should already be there for the lights. I've never seen a LQ that didn't have it.
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #515
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:

Nice score! What size is yours? How big is that tank?
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Bob Tosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #516
D0N1
Banned

Thanks guys. I haven't ridden it yet but I am diggin' it! Too cold here in upstate NY to ride.

The ATK parts dept says the two lighting wires are yellow and should be on the bike. I need to check it out closer next time I go over to my garage.

The manual says the oil/fuel mixture should be 62 : 1! Is that correct?! The seller said he could never bring himself to mix that gas/oil that thinly. I almost don't blame him. I'd be afraid it'll blow up at sich a high ratio.

He's always ran it 40 :1 and says it didn't run that great.

Bobtosi - The gas tank is a 3.1 gallon according to the manual. The engine CC is 260
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #517
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Very cool
When you're lost in the wild and scared as a child. And death looks you bang in the eye, and your sore as a boil, its according to Hoyle to cock your revolver... and die. But the code of a man says "fight all you can" and self-dissolution is barred. In hunger and woe, its easy to blow... Its the hell-served-for-breakfast thats hard........Robert Service
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #518
D0N1
Banned

Atk owners...

The owners manual says the oil/fuel mixture should be 62:1! Is that correct?! The seller said he could never bring himself to mix that gas/oil that thinly. I almost don't blame him. I'd be afraid it'll blow up at sich a high ratio.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #519
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
The owners manual says the oil/fuel mixture should be 62:1! Is that correct?! The seller said he could never bring himself to mix that gas/oil that thinly. I almost don't blame him. I'd be afraid it'll blow up at sich a high ratio.
I ran my LQ at 40:1 for peace of mind. That engine was mostly used in cart racing so that might have something to do with those numbers... who knows. It would take a lot of convincing for me to run one that lean
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #520
Navin
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,056
My kids bikes ran Amsoil at 100:1 till they got a bit faster, then we settled in at around 62:1. They run conventional Wallly Mart junk now at 44:1 and race at A level with no 2t issues so if synthetic, it's probably OK. We buy that stuff by the gallon and use a lot of it, $11 or thereabouts a gal!
Navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #521
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,569
I always run my LQ at 40:1, It's still on the origional piston and rings.
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #522
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,164

ATK single sided frame custom.
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #523
Island Rider
solo adventurer

Oddometer: 111
View from the Flight Deck

Island Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #524
Bob Tosi
Beastly Adventurer

Very nice and clean
Old 02-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #525
Cafe Racer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
I'm next!

I bought an ATK.

Miguelhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/12087700@N06/8396517353/

[IMG]Garage find?[/IMG]