ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #226
Beater
Theory Is Not Enough
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 2,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogswell View Post
Local to my area (East Tn) bike on CL.
I don't know the owner or the bikes history.
Looks like it does come with some extras, fairings, and bags.
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy/2169094098.html
Mike
No affiliation, but this guy has been trying sell this bike on Craigs for a WHILE. There are two separate guys in Florida selling theirs for $950 and $1200 ... If the guy above really wants to sell it ... he needs to drop the price to $1500 ... max.
__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #227
Cogswell
Spudly Adventurer
 
Cogswell's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Riding with my pal Richard Cranium
Oddometer: 3,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
No affiliation, but this guy has been trying sell this bike on Craigs for a WHILE. There are two separate guys in Florida selling theirs for $950 and $1200 ... If the guy above really wants to sell it ... he needs to drop the price to $1500 ... max.
Yeah I Know, I have seen the ad on and off for quite a while.


Mike
__________________
Cogswell Rides To Big Bend
See my airhead project here
Time Warp Vintage Motorcycle Club
The good thing is, your damn motor can't read. If it says oil on the container, it's pretty much OK to dump in there.... ED.
Cogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #228
wirewrkr
the thread-killer
 
wirewrkr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: HIGH desert
Oddometer: 4,297
after reading his text, it sounds as if he doesn't want to sell it, looking for any excuse to keep it.
Good for him.
But if he wants to sell it, he should remove that dog-awful fairing off of it.
they always sell better when stock.
__________________

www.wirewerkes.com
KILL YOUR TELEVISION !!!!
wirewrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #229
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer
 
mfp4073's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Florida
Oddometer: 2,092
http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/2172941504.html

BSA 250 parts bike - $250 (Mt.Dora) (just north of orlando)

BSA 250 Starfire for parts,good frame,and other motor parts ect.What you see is what I have.No there is no title,parts only.call 352-383-7752
__________________
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #230
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer
 
mfp4073's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Florida
Oddometer: 2,092
1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador - $1300 (Downtown Orlando)



http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/2185129794.html


1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador 750cc cruiser



This complete Guzzi was to be my slow restoration project. Sadly my new career is taking off and I have not touched it since purchase. Please come give it a new home.

It is complete and comes with an extra set of Borrani wheels, batwing fairing, plenty of spare parts not shown in the photo and a clear Florida title. Serious enquiries only. My price is best offer, but please save yourself the time and don't lowball. If it does not sell for a reasonable amount I will list it on Ebay.

$1300 obo

Thanks!
__________________
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #231
wirewrkr
the thread-killer
 
wirewrkr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: HIGH desert
Oddometer: 4,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp4073 View Post


http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/2185129794.html


1971 Moto Guzzi Ambassador 750cc cruiser



This complete Guzzi was to be my slow restoration project. Sadly my new career is taking off and I have not touched it since purchase. Please come give it a new home.

It is complete and comes with an extra set of Borrani wheels, batwing fairing, plenty of spare parts not shown in the photo and a clear Florida title. Serious enquiries only. My price is best offer, but please save yourself the time and don't lowball. If it does not sell for a reasonable amount I will list it on Ebay.

$1300 obo

Thanks!
That would already be mine if I was withing a thousand miles.
Oh well.
__________________

www.wirewerkes.com
KILL YOUR TELEVISION !!!!
wirewrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #232
mfp4073
Beastly Adventurer
 
mfp4073's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Central Florida
Oddometer: 2,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirewrkr View Post
That would already be mine if I was withing a thousand miles.
Oh well.

Heads up, got some info from a friend of a friend. Something about the guy knows his stuff and that the motor has some major issues. Like he drained the oil and had a water oil sludge combo come out. Make sure you take a good look at it if you are interested. Like I said, its second hand info.
__________________
1974 BMW R90/6 Bettie #1, 04 Triumph Bonneville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Blank
loner, lonegunman, get it. That’s the whole point. I like the lifestyle, the image. Look a the way I dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoodsoil View Post
Cavemen must've designed them shortly after inventing the wheel.
mfp4073 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #233
datchew
Don't buy from Brad
 
datchew's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Savannah - the dirty south
Oddometer: 7,408
honda dream in my neck of the woods. Easley, SC.

LINKETY-DINKETY
datchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #234
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid
 
bgoodsoil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Oddometer: 4,221
'73 CB500 in GA $1000

Good running, original '73 CB500f for $1000

I wants it!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/2190782130.html

1973 Honda CB 500 Four - $1000 (Kingston, Georgia)

Date: 2011-01-31, 7:26PM EST
Reply to: sale-geyt7-2190782130@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a 4 cylinder 4 Carb bike. The paint is original with 17,000 miles. It runs good, shifts good, and the tires are in good shape. It comes with a service manual, XL HJC helmet, parts manual, and tool kit.
The only problem is one carb drips gas. Please call 706-853-1089 between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM.

Location: Kingston, Georgia
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
__________________
'85 BMW r80G/S--Another G/S on the road--Central America on a Shoestring--Nova Scotia on a Shoestring--Never Leave a Man's Behind

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #235
thumpism
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Oddometer: 422
The ad says Kawasaki 250, but it's not...

http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/2190843060.html

Dirt bike for sale 250 needs some work for more info please call 218-5440

Photo is of a Suzuki DR, maybe a 200? Area code 804.
thumpism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #236
Cordless
Two Wheel Addict
 
Cordless's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Spokane WA
Oddometer: 2,013
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/2190763780.html


1980 Gs 550 Suzuki - $300 (Rockport)

Date: 2011-01-31, 7:15PM EST
Reply to: sale-j4fcu-2190763780@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a Suzuki that would be a good parts bike or project for the remainder of the winter. It runs but it does not like to idle on its own. I still ride it around my neighborhood but I wouldn't trust it to go to far. On my last trip this summer I was up in Quebec with it and I noticed that I was losing power when I would climb some big hills. So its losing compression and the rings would need replacement and possible replacement of a rocker arm /valve work..

Video of the bike starting up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRqmlI-gPrg

Location: Rockport
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


PostingID: 2190763780
Cordless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #237
Cordless
Two Wheel Addict
 
Cordless's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Spokane WA
Oddometer: 2,013
and

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/2190657374.html


1970's CZ 250 dirt bikes - $1 (portsmouth nh)

Date: 2011-01-31, 6:13PM EST
Reply to: sale-anyfy-2190657374@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

CZ yellow tanker 250 MX'er "basket case" mostly all there will need total restoration. $400.00. A couple of 250 MX 980 models Nice shape! call for info 603 436 2529

Location: portsmouth nh
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2190657374
Cordless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #238
blaine.hale
Beastly Adventurer
 
blaine.hale's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Oddometer: 2,901
Someone needs to inquire further on this one: (atlanta)


BMW R100GS - $2600

Date: 2011-01-29, 11:50PM EST
Reply to: sale-dwmkf-2187727865@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

BMW R100GS - A very clean, low mileage airhead. Own a piece of GS history, one of the bikes that made the GS what it is today. Don't miss out on this one!
It has Bags ,Engine Bars ,Hand Guards ,Skid Plate ,Corbin Seat ,Driving Lights ,On 8/12/09 a full tune up performed - all gear oils, flushed forks, flushed front and rear brakes, valve, test rode, tires good, brakes and good ,The classic MAX BMW Motorsport GS shirt, with a airhead GS in full action
__________________
1974 BMW R90 /6
1968 Bultaco Matador MK3
1973 BMW R75 /5 Toaster LWB
1969 Bultaco Bandido MK2
2013 Husqvarna Terra TR650
blaine.hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #239
DisplacedYankee
Voyageur
 
DisplacedYankee's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Virginia
Oddometer: 79
Not mine...

SWB Toaster in Richmond, Va., $3,500
http://richmond.craigslist.org/mcy/2192506730.html
Looks like a nice original rider.
__________________
1976 R90/6
DisplacedYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #240
wirewrkr
the thread-killer
 
wirewrkr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: HIGH desert
Oddometer: 4,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaine.hale View Post
Someone needs to inquire further on this one: (atlanta)


BMW R100GS - $2600

Date: 2011-01-29, 11:50PM EST
Reply to: sale-dwmkf-2187727865@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

BMW R100GS - A very clean, low mileage airhead. Own a piece of GS history, one of the bikes that made the GS what it is today. Don't miss out on this one!
It has Bags ,Engine Bars ,Hand Guards ,Skid Plate ,Corbin Seat ,Driving Lights ,On 8/12/09 a full tune up performed - all gear oils, flushed forks, flushed front and rear brakes, valve, test rode, tires good, brakes and good ,The classic MAX BMW Motorsport GS shirt, with a airhead GS in full action

Hey Blaine, LINKy no worky.
__________________

www.wirewerkes.com
KILL YOUR TELEVISION !!!!
wirewrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014