Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #376
Chadx
Off the road again..

Oddometer: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilClown View Post
Pay no attention to the gauze. Old injury.
Yeah, it looks at least 10 minutes old in that photo. So a curious mind has to ask...burn or cut and stove related?
Chadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM   #377
BOOGIEMAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
How much for both stoves,simmer and reg sent to new york and directions on how to pay.
BOOGIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #378
BOOGIEMAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 365
Stoves

I RECEIVED MY TWO STOVES TODAY. Quick shipping and look good. Thanks for a sturdy stove.
BOOGIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #379
drbike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
I have been using a very similar stove for a few years now. Have cooked for up to a family of 5 hungry cyclists using a single stove. They are really a great design, and do not self destruct.

I do offer one caution...... watch table tops, I managed to brand a whole pile of picnic tables and benches across the country. I generally wet down the table where I am cooking, if I remember. I suspect it may be the reflected heat from the bottom of the pot which may ignite things. It may also be as a result of multiple fills cooking things like spaghetti.

If you ever need a replacement windscreen any place that sells MSR stoves will have a windscreen and a reflective plate which will reduce boil times out doors.
drbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:43 AM   #380
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbike View Post
I have been using a very similar stove for a few years now. Have cooked for up to a family of 5 hungry cyclists using a single stove. They are really a great design, and do not self destruct.

I do offer one caution...... watch table tops, I managed to brand a whole pile of picnic tables and benches across the country. I generally wet down the table where I am cooking, if I remember. I suspect it may be the reflected heat from the bottom of the pot which may ignite things. It may also be as a result of multiple fills cooking things like spaghetti.

If you ever need a replacement windscreen any place that sells MSR stoves will have a windscreen and a reflective plate which will reduce boil times out doors.

Thanks for the tip on the windscreen.

I'd add just be careful anywhere. My first camping trip I set it on a rock with a tiny wobble and I dumped boiling water on myself and spilled a bunch of flaming alcohol all over a huge bed of pine needles in a nat. forest.

It was wetter than hel after several days of rain, but it was sure a eye opening experience, if it's happened in desert brush with a little wind who knows And it hurt
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM   #381
BlueSkyGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 411
Interesting

Impressed with your design, so easy to pack.
BlueSkyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #382
sam104535
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
How much shipped to Toronto, Ontario Canada for simmer and regular stove?
Thanks..sam
sam104535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #383
misteroldschool
pain monster

Oddometer: 75
sent payment, cant wait to get it :)
misteroldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #384
ShadyRascal OP
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam104535 View Post
How much shipped to Toronto, Ontario Canada for simmer and regular stove?
Thanks..sam

Hey Sam, for Canada just add a buck or two to your total, that'll cover us.

Thanks,
Steve

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #385
4n6iscool
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
I just sent a PM and paypal money for two regular and one simmer. I am going to take the Vespa GT up to Nova Scotia from the Big Apple with a buddy riding a Vespa GTS. Once we get to Nova Scotia we plan on switch from hotels to camping for several days and we could use a small, light, easy to pack stove for a few meals and I think this will be perfect!

Matt
4n6iscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #386
misteroldschool
pain monster

Oddometer: 75
just got mine in today LOVE IT!!! simple > complicated

cant wait to get out and go camping!
misteroldschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #387
ssevy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
I made one of the beer can models that uses the penny inside, along with a bent coathanger folding tripod. This thing weighs nothing and is very compact. I thought I was in stove heaven until I saw how much fuel I needed to carry in order to actually cook anything. I also have a stainless steel alcohol stove very similar to your design, and it, too, usually needs several refills to finish cooking a meal.

My old Coleman Peak 1 is about a zillion times hotter, can boil and simmer easily, and with a full tank will cook several meals before needing refilling.
As neat as it was to make one of these alcohol stoves, I think the weight savings is a wash because of the fuel needs. Your design is obviously larger and more robust, but I wonder if you factored the actual fuel requirements between it, and say a Coleman multifuel that uses unleaded gas right out of your motorcycle's tank? My guess is that the Coleman is probably the better choice. Granted, there are more parts and thus more potential problems, but if you keep them serviced properly and give them a good cleaning before the season begins, you should be good to go.

Heck, if they keep increasing the ethanol in our fuel, we'll all be using alcohol bikes before long!
ssevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #388
dozer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssevy View Post
I made one of the beer can models that uses the penny inside, along with a bent coathanger folding tripod. This thing weighs nothing and is very compact. I thought I was in stove heaven until I saw how much fuel I needed to carry in order to actually cook anything. I also have a stainless steel alcohol stove very similar to your design, and it, too, usually needs several refills to finish cooking a meal.

My old Coleman Peak 1 is about a zillion times hotter, can boil and simmer easily, and with a full tank will cook several meals before needing refilling.
As neat as it was to make one of these alcohol stoves, I think the weight savings is a wash because of the fuel needs. Your design is obviously larger and more robust, but I wonder if you factored the actual fuel requirements between it, and say a Coleman multifuel that uses unleaded gas right out of your motorcycle's tank? My guess is that the Coleman is probably the better choice. Granted, there are more parts and thus more potential problems, but if you keep them serviced properly and give them a good cleaning before the season begins, you should be good to go.

Heck, if they keep increasing the ethanol in our fuel, we'll all be using alcohol bikes before long!
I Think you are missing the Point

Stever Stove $9.00..... Wt. less than 1 pound with pint of fuel
Coleman Peak 1 $80.00 Wt. 2 pounds fuel of fuel
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #389
ShadyRascal OP
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,120
You can cook dinner with either of these. Two or three meals worth of fuel fits in the plastic bottle. It's just a matter of what you feel like carrying.

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:25 PM   #390
Mastery
Mr. Funny Man

Oddometer: 1,048
PP on the way for one regular, one simmer. Thanks!
Mastery is online now   Reply With Quote