Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 11:40 PM   #646
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Check out the Coors Light can/bottle. I have a hard time supporting Jane Fonda (major stockholder in AB).

Wanna see a cool trick? Drink one, put the lid back on tight and toss it in a fire. Step away sharply and plug your ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal View Post
Well, for the most part it's been Bud and Bud Light that has come in these aluminum bottles. For a while, you could get Michelob Ultra too. So I was forced by my burning need to support my fellow ADVers to drink these concoctions. For a while, I could order Bud Light Lime in these bottles, and that was not so bad.

I was a homebrewer for many years, making my own ales right from grain. Bud Light around my house was long considered heresy.

Well, I managed to stomach the Bud Light Lime, and even become fond of it. Now for the last year or so I have not been able to get it and only have had Bud Light. I keep lime juice in the fridge to pour into my Bud Light to make it tolerable. Given the number of stoves I've sold over the last 5 years, this has been a copious amount of Bud Light. I just ran out of bottles with this last batch of stoves I made. Had to go buy a few more cases of Bud Light in aluminum bottles.

The sacrifices I make for you FF's.
Old 02-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #647
Creation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
Check out the Coors Light can/bottle. I have a hard time supporting Jane Fonda (major stockholder in AB).

Wanna see a cool trick? Drink one, put the lid back on tight and toss it in a fire. Step away sharply and plug your ears
The coors bottle is weak compared to the bud light bottle.
Creation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:07 PM   #648
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Wow!! Stever SToves and Simmers arrived today-first impression was how cute. An ounce and a half of Heet and my travel coffee pot primed with water and grounds, bit of paper to light the stove and I was cooking coffee. Never had the pot boil over before I was worried if I had enough Heet, next time only an ounce will be needed. Bring on the worst Mama nature
Old 02-12-2014, 08:44 AM   #649
smithe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Shady,

Just got done reading every post, awesome stuff! Do you have any available?

Thanks
smithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:49 AM   #650
ShadyRascal OP
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithe View Post
Shady,

Just got done reading every post, awesome stuff! Do you have any available?

Thanks
Yep. Making them all the time.

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #651
smithe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Yep. Making them all the time.
Alright, money heading your way for one of each!
smithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #652
OSUMatthew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Just sent you monies via PayPal :)
OSUMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:52 AM   #653
OSUMatthew
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Great Stove!

I just got mine in the mail a few days ago, barely two business days after placing an order--that's faster than Amazon!

As for the stove itself--the quality is fantastic. I've been boiling water like a maniac for coffee and teas, and it does exactly what Steve says it does. Boiled water very quickly, is very very light, and exceptionally strong. I've used butane and white gas stoves for backpacking and this easily beats both in simplicity, weight, and controllability. The alcohol burns hotter and less explosively than the white gas, and is much more widely available. No residue either. I also don't have to worry about hoses leaking, parts breaking, pumping and priming, or an awkward fuel bottle tipping the stove.

I've always avoided alcohol stoves because I don't want to be cooking my food in a flimsy fancy feast cat food can, but this stove is seriously bombproof. My titanium cookware is flimsier than this thing.

The only downside I can imagine that though I can easily blow out the stove, it's difficult to pour the remaining fuel back into the bottle because of the burner holes. That's not a big deal though--once you use it a couple times it's easy enough to gauge almost exactly how much fuel you'll need. Not to mention that pouring hot fuel back into its container probably isn't a good idea to begin with.

For nine bucks, this thing is a steal. Walmart couldn't even sell these things at that price. Thanks for a great stove Steve, and all the work you put into making these things for us!

OSUMatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 AM   #654
wescat
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Well, for the most part it's been Bud and Bud Light that has come in these aluminum bottles. For a while, you could get Michelob Ultra too. So I was forced by my burning need to support my fellow ADVers to drink these concoctions. For a while, I could order Bud Light Lime in these bottles, and that was not so bad.

I was a homebrewer for many years, making my own ales right from grain. Bud Light around my house was long considered heresy.

Well, I managed to stomach the Bud Light Lime, and even become fond of it. Now for the last year or so I have not been able to get it and only have had Bud Light. I keep lime juice in the fridge to pour into my Bud Light to make it tolerable. Given the number of stoves I've sold over the last 5 years, this has been a copious amount of Bud Light. I just ran out of bottles with this last batch of stoves I made. Had to go buy a few more cases of Bud Light in aluminum bottles.

Shady, if I had to drink that much light beer, I'd definitely need the help of V-8. Do you like a red beer?
wescat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:03 AM   #655
hugemoth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,760
I was thinking you made them out of aluminum water bottles. Picked up a couple of those water bottles for $1 each and made stoves. Took some force to push the top into the bottom but no rivet is needed and they're very sturdy. For my use 8 small holes is about right.

Quote:

hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #656
fishrman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
stove

pm sent
Old 02-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #657
Bbasso
my name is Rob

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
WOW!
I'm seriously impressed with your magical stoves. I got them today, quick delivery! and with in ten mins of opening the box I had boiling water.
Outside temps are 30, one stove didn't get a qt boiling, but two stoves did.
thank you so much, I can't wait to make my first meal with them.
All this time and I still use mine, frequently!
I'm thinking about getting two more...
(Just in case)
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #658
ShadyRascal OP
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
All this time and I still use mine, frequently!
I'm thinking about getting two more...
(Just in case)
Buy all you want, I'll drink more.

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #659
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 660
Got my stove today! Impressed with the size, pictures make it seem much larger than it really is. Fits easily into my cook set, and still has enough room available for utensils, scraper, and a few other odds and ends. Can't wait to actually try it out.

Probably will run to the store and buy some HEET first thing in the morning!
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #660
BadBrett
Ridge Runner

Oddometer: 13
The Stove

I just received the stoves today. Great Job and Fast service!
BadBrett is offline   Reply With Quote