Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2004, 09:26 AM   #16
Queen
Escapee

Oddometer: 24,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzi
Bad right shoulder - rowing, 9th grade. Bad right knee - 9 years of soccer. Bad left knee - motorcycle crash. 8 concussions - 2 from basketball, 1 from football, 1 from falling out of a treehouse, 1 from racquetball (how sad is that?), 1 from surfing, 1 really, really bad ski accident, and 1 from a motorcycle crash.

Delete soccer and insert rugby and you are me 20 years ago......you poor girl. The joys you have yet to experience are having to sit on the side of the bed each morning doing your pre-flight checklist....

- knees almost functioning...check
- hip kinda mobile...check
- shoulder moving (in a creaking, pathetic way)...check
- neck able to move in a least one direction...check

Can't wait to try camping again at BYOB If I'm not out of my tent by 9am and you hear a pathetic weeping sound from within, please offer some assistance in getting upright.
Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:37 AM   #17
IcyDeath
Óglaigh na hÉireann

Oddometer: 20,852
Ha, ha, ha....

Queenie and Linz... remind me to show some scars at the Springs

12 seasons of LaCrosse, football, soccer, hockey, baseball catcher, 11 brothers and sister to fight with, the Marines, fights in defense of a loud mouth younger sister
IcyDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:40 AM   #18
Queen
Escapee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyDeath
Queenie and Linz... remind me to show some scars at the Springs
Unfortunately I always win the "who has the best scars" competition. Being a chick that's not much of a "win".
Old 05-31-2004, 09:46 PM   #19
snoid
100% Okie

Oddometer: 28,530
dearest bubba from bammy upon yer minarette...

a 'good' chiro might check the alignment of yer 'meridians' by placing warmish rocks on yer scrotum... a bad one might fuck ya up real good.

go to a doctor instead,

snoid(aka doktor phraud)

p.s.

http://www.quackwatch.org/
snoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:50 PM   #20
Pep
Banned

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBOTU
Unfortunately I always win the "who has the best scars" competition. Being a chick that's not much of a "win".

Nope... Not gonna do it... Faaaaar too easy ...

George
Pep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:01 PM   #21
Ninjak
Sasquatch

Oddometer: 2,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoid
a 'good' chiro might check the alignment of yer 'meridians' by placing warmish rocks on yer scrotum... a bad one might fuck ya up real good.

go to a doctor instead,

snoid(aka doktor phraud)

p.s.

http://www.quackwatch.org/
A good chiro helped me when the "real" doctor told me there was nothing he could do for me.

The sudden, excrutiating muscle spasms in my upper back, a result of a race crash, had plagued me for more than a year, and were getting so bad that it hurt to breathe, and I couldn't turn my head.

A chiropractor, who had been recommended highly, eliminated them completely.

Granted, a lot of chiropractors are quacks who claim they can cure the flu by aligning your body. But a good one is worth his weight in painkillers.

Religion outa be like sex, legal as long as no money changes hands. - swjohnsey
Ninjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:33 AM   #22
KL5A
Bugs are the new black

Oddometer: 4,479
And then there was the chiroqwactor who fucked my wifes back up so badly that she was in excrutiating pain for a couple years. She'd wake up in the middle of the night in tears from the pain. There may be some good ones out there but after what my wife went through I rank them with witch doctors.
HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

Only dead fish go with the flow.
KL5A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 02:07 AM   #23
Pep
Banned

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak
A good chiro helped me when the "real" doctor told me there was nothing he could do for me.

The sudden, excrutiating muscle spasms in my upper back, a result of a race crash, had plagued me for more than a year, and were getting so bad that it hurt to breathe, and I couldn't turn my head.

A chiropractor, who had been recommended highly, eliminated them completely.

Granted, a lot of chiropractors are quacks who claim they can cure the flu by aligning your body. But a good one is worth his weight in painkillers.
Sorry KL5A, I'm with the Ninja-baby on this one... Years ago I was trying to train for a marathon... I was up to circa eight miles per day running... But then I hit a wall... My left lower leg would go completely numb to the point that my foot would flop around like a hunk of raw meat... As soon as I started walking, it was fine... The minute I started running again, back to the numb extremity... I could predict when it was going to happen... Within 1/8 of a mile on my route... I went to a podiatrist... Made me these high-tech shoe inserts because he thought pronation was the problem... If he'd have looked at the soles of my shoes, he'd have seen that since I was an avid ice skater in my youth, it was the front inside of my shoes that were worn, not the rear inside... Finally got a recommendation from another runner at a 10K I was in... The guy was a "Sports Mechanics Chiropractor"... First thing he did was a full-body X-ray... I was dumbfounded when he pinned it up and showed it to me... "See anything wrong with this picture, Mr. Pepper?"... Turns out that the entire right side of my body is smaller than the left side... Right leg is a full half inch shorter than the left... So, the pressure on my right lower back eventually put the scyatic [Or however you spell it] nerve on the left side to sleep as I ran... So he did some work on me [I always had perfect posture and felt like a gazillion quatloos when I left] and gave me a 1/4" and a 1/3" lift for my right shoe... In his words, "Your body has been working to compensate for 1/2" for your entire life... If we give it 1/4" to 1/3" of help, it should be fine"... I never needed the 1/3" lift... The 1/4" lift worked perfectly, and I've never needed a chiropractor again [Though if I could find one as good as him, I'd go every other week just for the "buzz"]...

Oh... I spent thousands more on the podiatrist...

George
Pep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 05:42 AM   #24
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzi
I'm just 21, and I have a bad right shoulder, a bad right knee, a bad left knee, poor eyesight, exercise-induced asthma, and I've had 8 concussions (explains a lot, doesn't it?). I am SO totally fucked when I get old like all of you...

Old like them?! I'm only 28 and I've got the arthritis already!

I need a new climate...
Old 06-01-2004, 05:45 AM   #25
Twilight Error
Going nowhere slowly

Oddometer: 22,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBOTU

My girlfriend is proud of the scars she won during her mtb racing years. I still win the contest between us because of the screws, but she's got some that make guys jealous.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:23 AM   #26
Queen
Escapee

What climate is Location: 19TBF6200282673 in?? I have wicked arthritis too and find wet, humid weather to be even worse than cold.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: