Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #1501
Spam16v
Squid Rocket

Oddometer: 777
just finished placing an order. XL Ventura in High Viz Yellow(on sale btw), and XL Timeteo in light gray. look forward to getting the jacket and trail pants to make sure everything is in order!

thanks!
Spam16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #1502
gbw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Ive had my Mohave and Lombard for a little while now. Ive been meaning to post up some pics and video but have been lazy. I will give a little gear report right now and promise to post some pics and video soon.

Saturday I spent a good chunk of the day in my Lombard (7am to 4pm) at a bike blessing. The weather was semi chilly and precipitation ranged from drizzly to pouring rain most of the day. I wore my Lombard almost all day riding and just walking around. It kept me warm and dry all day long.

At one point I rode about 45 minutes in some fairly heavy rain. After that ride I removed the suit and other than a damp spot on my left shin about the size of a quarter, I was perfectly dry.

Must say, Im pretty happy with Teiz gear so far. Cant wait until its warm enough to try the Mojave.

Here is one shot of me in my Lombard from Saturday.

Quick note...At 5 8 I dont really think of myself as short, but compared to Ed (the taller guy in the shot) I look like a dwarf. Im wearing a Large Lombard and I think it fits me very well.
gbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:56 AM   #1503
Blinkerfluid
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,173
Good to hear that the suit kept you dry gbw.

Hey Ghazi, when the next shipment of suits gets in are there going to be any Lombards that aren't already spoken for? I'm thinking about getting an XL in light gray, just wondering if there's a wait for them.
Blinkerfluid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #1504
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinkerfluid
Good to hear that the suit kept you dry gbw.

Hey Ghazi, when the next shipment of suits gets in are there going to be any Lombards that aren't already spoken for? I'm thinking about getting an XL in light gray, just wondering if there's a wait for them.
Yep, we now have some xl light gray lombards available.. ships next day

thanks for the pic gbw.. the fit looks really good :) share of facebook as well if possible...

ok folks we just got the iceland-volcano-delayed shipment and will be sending out stuff today and tmrw.. thanks for being patient
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #1505
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Thanks for the update Ghazi, looking forward to receiving it. I will be posting photos and opinions once I try it out!
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #1506
keiji
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 942
I have a question about the "water repellent" leather treatment you now offer for your leather apparel.

Is it simply a top coating like Revivex, or is it a permanent treatment that shrinks the leather's pores like First Gear's "Kwik-Dry" or BMW/Tiger Angel's "hydrophobic leather"?
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #1507
pmspaul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
Yep, we now have some xl light gray lombards available.. ships next day

thanks for the pic gbw.. the fit looks really good :) share of facebook as well if possible...

ok folks we just got the iceland-volcano-delayed shipment and will be sending out stuff today and tmrw.. thanks for being patient
Do you have anything available in a 2XL?

Thanks,
-Paul
pmspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:11 PM   #1508
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmspaul
Do you have anything available in a 2XL?

Thanks,
-Paul
yes black and light gray are available...

revivex - it is a permanent leather treatment with chemicals provided by TFL
Old 04-29-2010, 06:49 PM   #1509
Spam16v
Squid Rocket

Oddometer: 777
got my 2 pc vented suit today! (Ventura & trial pants) going to go up a size in the pants dept, and see if they'll fit better. The size I ordered FIT, but there's no room for error, and i think a little room is wise. I'm thrilled with the fit and finish and if anyone who's on the fence reading this, DO IT. You will not be disappointed.

on the topic of "waterproofing" of the textile goods, what is the preferred method of maintaining the fabric's resistance to leaking? I know it doesn't last forever and gear takes a beating, so it's bound to need some form of treatment eventually. Advice on products? Nikwax or something similar?
Spam16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #1510
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam16v

on the topic of "waterproofing" of the textile goods, what is the preferred method of maintaining the fabric's resistance to leaking? I know it doesn't last forever and gear takes a beating, so it's bound to need some form of treatment eventually. Advice on products? Nikwax or something similar?
nikwax or
this stuff from walmart
http://www.atsko.com/products/waterp...ter-guard.html

follow the directions.
do it outside.
dont put it on the sticky bottom (at least for the lombard)

^^^ learned about this from skierd
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #1511
Romulux
Next exit

I received my Lombard today! This is a mini review of initial impressions, build quality, etc.

I got a Medium Tall in hi-viz yellow. I am 5'11" and 165-170lbs. Overall, this size fits me very well. I do not have much room to gain weight, however. The legs are a hair too long. It would fit better if I was the same weight but 1 to 3 inches taller.

My experience with gear has thus far been limited to Rev'it. Rev'it gear is, in general, very high quality and on the upper side of the price scale. My Dragon jacket was $300, the same price as this suit. I believe Rev'it is comparable to BMW gear but probably not Rukka quality (though I say that without experience with either BMW or Rukka gear).

My initial impression of the Lombard suit is that it is a very good suit for the money you pay, but the fit and finish isn't as polished as more expensive gear. This is what I expected when purchasing the Lombard. I am not disappointed with it; on the contrary, I'm very pleased at this point.

Let me point out a few flaws you might see on the Lombard that you're less likely to find on higher tier gear. Keep in mind that I found very little that detracts from functionality. Mostly, the negative points are cosmetic.

The material near the main zipper is folded over the zipper and onto itself. The stitching holding the fabric onto itself is not locked very well and will pull apart if any pulling force is applied to the folded fabric. Not a big deal to me.

The reflective material was not "pristine". It appears mildly scuffed. The hi-viz material, likewise, was not blemish-free. I do not care at all about either of these details. Soon, it will be smeared with bugs. I sprayed a whole can of Scotch guard fabric protector on the suit and I'm done worrying about it.

This is a nice rubbery upper edge of a zipper. The edging facing the zipper is not cleanly cut. Who cares?

Another small scuff on another portion of the reflective material. Noticing a pattern? Nothing I have pointed out detracts from the functionality of the suit. They are simply minor quality issues that I'm sure are difficult to eliminate completely, for any manufacturer.

Here's something nice. Nearly all the zippers are the water resistant kind. Also, nearly all the zippers have good little tassles to help you grab them.

The knees have ribbed material where they will be stressed in a sport riding position.

I like the cuffs -- I seem to remember them being not as good on older versions of the Lombard?

There is reflective material on the back, the upper arms, and the lower legs. It lights up nicely under directed light.

The elbows also include ribbed material to help with riding comfort.

It looks like Ghazi threw in a free shirt. Thanks! I saw it on my shipping notification in my email and I expected it would be stretchy Under Armor-like material. It is not stretchy, though, and feels like it would be a comfortable under shirt. Ghazi, I would suggest you replace the Teiz logo with something embroidered or silk-screened or some similar low-profile technology. The rubber logo is kind of bulky and obtrusive. Otherwise, very positive impression of the shirt.

The only things that stand out to me and make me less confident in the suit:
- the armor seems somewhat small, the elbow armor in particular. I still need to adjust the suit a bit, we'll see if I change my mind on this.

- the hips are likely to hit and grind against the ground during an accident. There is a nice access zipper to allow you into your pants pockets, but I fear this would be a weak point. I do not keep ANYTHING in my pockets when I ride. I would much rather see the hips have beefier material, padding/armor, or reinforcement of some kind.

- I was missing a tassle under my left underarm vent. The right side underarm vent did have one. This appears to be the only missing tassle.

- the zippers are hard to open and close. I think this goes with them being the water resistant style. This is not a big negative, just an annoyance. I understand there are some zipper lubricants that I could look into.

Overall, I am very pleased with my purchase. It's heavy duty feeling. I will post again with an update after I've put some miles on it.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #1512
splat matt
::.::::..::.:::.::::

Oddometer: 219
Hi Ghazi,

I wear 50R in the Aerostich One piece (but can't bring myself to cough up $850 for the suit) - I'm 6'2" 33.5" inseam 256lbs. with a 38" waist 49" Chest. What size should I get in the Lombard? I thinking based on your chart the 4XL.

Also is there a way to customize the lombard to have arm or leg map pockets (transparent pocket)?

Thanks!!

splat matt screwed with this post 04-29-2010 at 10:20 PM
splat matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:47 AM   #1513
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotaru
Hi Ghazi,

I wear 50R in the Aerostich One piece (but can't bring myself to cough up $850 for the suit) - I'm 6'2" 33.5" inseam 256lbs. with a 38" waist 49" Chest. What size should I get in the Lombard? I thinking based on your chart the 4XL.

Also is there a way to customize the lombard to have arm or leg map pockets (transparent pocket)?

Thanks!!
yes a 4xl would fit your well.... we are now accepting custom orders for map pockets.

thanks for the feedback romulux
Old 04-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #1514
splat matt
::.::::..::.:::.::::

Oddometer: 219
how much extra for the clear pocket on the left forearm (Lombard suit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
yes a 4xl would fit your well.... we are now accepting custom orders for map pockets.

thanks for the feedback romulux
Old 04-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #1515
Romulux
Next exit

It's about 80 degrees today. The Lombard is warm but bearable at this temperature, but you don't want to be stuck not moving for a long time. You don't want to get off the bike and move around much without taking it off.

If you spend a lot of time in warm weather, seriously consider the Mojave or Diego instead of the Lombard or Alcatraz. If I buy another one piece from Teiz, it will likely be one of those two.

I'm glad I chose the Lombard and not the Alcatraz...now that would be warm.