Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #1546
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Well a quick up date to my earlier review of my leather mesh. I got the matching pants in last week, WOW these are very nice, I,m picky on pant fit and for off the shelf sizing these are great. Talls are truly talls, I have a 35in. inseam with a 34 waist and the large tall fit as good or better than a pair of custom made pants I have from a different co. Good armor that is adjustable up and down. Nothing feels as good as well fitted leather. Thanks Ghazi. bete.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #1547
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
or
one with less vents and more waterproofing
&
one similar to the current suit

not meant to ignite the rumor mill here :)
The next version of the Lombard should have a detachable rain hood. The collar gets kinda bulky when the hood is folded up in there. Not uncomfortable, though.

Also, you should figure out how to get rid of all that material that bunches up in the cuffs. Sometimes it's hard to get my gloves on. This is the biggest annoyance!

I also think there should be an option for more armor, like hip armor.

Besides that I can't think of anything else. It's starting to warm up and the Lombard is performing as well in the spring/summer as it did in the winter. Great all-around suit.
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #1548
AnthonyD
Nothing to see here...

Oddometer: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF
The next version of the Lombard should have a detachable rain hood. The collar gets kinda bulky when the hood is folded up in there. Not uncomfortable, though. I don't mind this so much, but I tend to use the hood a lot lately.

Also, you should figure out how to get rid of all that material that bunches up in the cuffs. Sometimes it's hard to get my gloves on. This is the biggest annoyance! I agree!

I also think there should be an option for more armor, like hip armor. I agree!

Besides that I can't think of anything else. It's starting to warm up and the Lombard is performing as well in the spring/summer as it did in the winter. Great all-around suit.
I would add that perhaps a larger flap covering the zipper would be nice, Along with a couple of exterior pockets, maybe one on the chest area?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:22 PM   #1549
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyD
I would add that perhaps a larger flap covering the zipper would be nice, Along with a couple of exterior pockets, maybe one on the chest area?
By exterior pockets, do you mean something like the Joe Rocket Survivor Suit?

Because I hate those things. They will make you look like you have MAN-BOOBS!!!

I think the two pockets already in the chest area are good.

Why do you think there should be a larger flap on the zipper (I assume you mean front zipper)?

Just curious. Thx.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:02 PM   #1550
AnthonyD
Nothing to see here...

Oddometer: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_WTF
By exterior pockets, do you mean something like the Joe Rocket Survivor Suit?

Because I hate those things. They will make you look like you have MAN-BOOBS!!!

I think the two pockets already in the chest area are good.

Why do you think there should be a larger flap on the zipper (I assume you mean front zipper)?

Just curious. Thx.
I'd like a pocket I can access with my gloves on, definitely not as poofy as the one you posted. But the pockets now are just a bit too slim I guess.

I do mean the flap on the main zipper. Now that the material of my suit is a bit more 'broken in' the flap tends to sort of bunch up, and doesn't align quite as easily as it used to. If it were wider I think it would lay flatter, and might protect from air/water intrusion (though this hasn't really been a big issue).
Old 05-09-2010, 07:33 PM   #1551
splat matt
::.::::..::.:::.::::

Oddometer: 219
Ghazi, I think I'm ready to buy a 4XL Lombard in blue however your site says it will be 6-8 weeks before delivery. How accurate is that time frame?
Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #1552
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyD

I do mean the flap on the main zipper. Now that the material of my suit is a bit more 'broken in' the flap tends to sort of bunch up, and doesn't align quite as easily as it used to. If it were wider I think it would lay flatter, and might protect from air/water intrusion (though this hasn't really been a big issue).
yes, I agree with this.
if the flap was a bit wider, at least in the leg area, it wouldnt get caught in my foot pegs every once in a while. the same for the flap for the right leg. by "caught" i dont mean it gets stuck there, that would suck! but it sometimes snags and gets unstuck with some small extra force. it's another minor annoyance.

i think we just about covered it. LOMBARD 3.0 !
Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #1553
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer: 688
One thought on chest pockets....

If you wear a backpack or hydration system the chest pockets can be a double edged sword.

Yep...always nice to have a little extra storage but personally I'd rather have them down low at the waist. There's nothing worse than having the chest pocket interfere with what would normally be a perfect fitting backpack/camelback.

My 2
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #1554
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotaru
Ghazi, I think I'm ready to buy a 4XL Lombard in blue however your site says it will be 6-8 weeks before delivery. How accurate is that time frame?
If you place the order in the next day or two, it should be much quicker (will make it part of the next incoming shipment... more like 4-5 weeks).
Thanks
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #1555
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bete
Well a quick up date to my earlier review of my leather mesh. I got the matching pants in last week, WOW these are very nice, I,m picky on pant fit and for off the shelf sizing these are great. Talls are truly talls, I have a 35in. inseam with a 34 waist and the large tall fit as good or better than a pair of custom made pants I have from a different co. Good armor that is adjustable up and down. Nothing feels as good as well fitted leather. Thanks Ghazi. bete.
we definitely need some pictures :)
Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #1556
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Saratoga jacket

Sport-touring anyone?
This is our leather-mesh (perforated) jacket with a sportier fit. Essentially the same as the Tioga jacket (check reviews) but with a sportier fit.

teizms screwed with this post 05-12-2010 at 09:16 PM
Old 05-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #1557
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Maybe the solution for the bunching up at the wrists is different/thinner materials. I've been looking at my other jackets and they all seem to have a lighter nylon at the wrist closure.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #1558
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,099
Ghazi,
Any chance you will be offering "Short" sizes in the future? I know there have to be others like myself out there who are "inseam" challenged compared to our "plush" midsection and chest measurements.

I am ready to pull the trigger on a 2-suit order, but I am concerned the legs will be 2" too long for me...especially since the suit comes +2" to fit "riding position".
ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #1559
TheHeretic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130
Ghazi,
Any chance you will be offering "Short" sizes in the future? I know there have to be others like myself out there who are "inseam" challenged compared to our "plush" midsection and chest measurements.

I am ready to pull the trigger on a 2-suit order, but I am concerned the legs will be 2" too long for me...especially since the suit comes +2" to fit "riding position".
ac

I'll 2nd that question. I'd love to buy one but my waist is 36 and inseam is 30. The current sizing chart would put me in a large but I'm afraid I'd be walking on the pants legs.
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #1560
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

well we do offer the option to customize the inseam to a shorter/longer lenght. we can even send you a trial size and you can try it on a motorcycle to see what would be the ideal length for you and then let us know... this has worked very well for most people.

on a slightly different note, what would you guys feel about suits thats were offered like dress pants. what I mean is, that the inseam is essentially unfinihsed and provided in longer lengths. the zipper ends a few inches above the bottom of the pants and its velcro the rest of the way. this way, you can take the pants/suit to any local tailor and get the inseam customized for your liking. would take the need out of having specific long/short/regular inseams and make each garment an almost custom fit.. need feedback on this please so everyone please pitch in.