Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2010, 02:24 PM   #1561
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
well we do offer the option to customize the inseam to a shorter/longer lenght. we can even send you a trial size and you can try it on a motorcycle to see what would be the ideal length for you and then let us know... this has worked very well for most people.

on a slightly different note, what would you guys feel about suits thats were offered like dress pants. what I mean is, that the inseam is essentially unfinihsed and provided in longer lengths. the zipper ends a few inches above the bottom of the pants and its velcro the rest of the way. this way, you can take the pants/suit to any local tailor and get the inseam customized for your liking. would take the need out of having specific long/short/regular inseams and make each garment an almost custom fit.. need feedback on this please so everyone please pitch in.
I like that idea a lot better than paying $100 extra on a $300 suit to get the length I need!

I am surprised you haven't seen more of a demand for Short sizes in the larger chest/waist sizes. I guess ADV is a fit place!
ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #1562
rcompton
I am not Iron Man

Oddometer: 2,519
Quote:
well we do offer the option to customize the inseam to a shorter/longer lenght. we can even send you a trial size and you can try it on a motorcycle to see what would be the ideal length for you and then let us know... this has worked very well for most people.

on a slightly different note, what would you guys feel about suits thats were offered like dress pants. what I mean is, that the inseam is essentially unfinihsed and provided in longer lengths. the zipper ends a few inches above the bottom of the pants and its velcro the rest of the way. this way, you can take the pants/suit to any local tailor and get the inseam customized for your liking. would take the need out of having specific long/short/regular inseams and make each garment an almost custom fit.. need feedback on this please so everyone please pitch in.

the issue then is the placement of the knee armor: Can it be adjustable enough to accommodate everyone? I know the Olympia stuff comes long, but the armor adjustment seems limited to me...

Kurt Vonnegut
rcompton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:29 PM   #1563
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:

I don't like it. I'm lazy....plus I'm a normal size person so I never get stuff tailored. If you offered it ONLY this way I would have sadly bought a Joe Rocket.....remember I'm lazy.

And since you didn't offer that way I'm SUPER excited to get my suit......any day now.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #1564
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcompton
the issue then is the placement of the knee armor: Can it be adjustable enough to accommodate everyone? I know the Olympia stuff comes long, but the armor adjustment seems limited to me...
the knee armor would be fully adjustable with a WIDEEEEE range

birdo - yes its out of customs so should be there soon :)

avc - well the customization is also imp for people who want torso, sleeve or other adjustments so it will still have its place there. However, inseam adjustment is our most request feature so a lot people should be covered this way.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #1565
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

customer in florida beating the weather with his mojave

Old 05-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #1566
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
avc - well the customization is also imp for people who want torso, sleeve or other adjustments so it will still have its place there. However, inseam adjustment is our most request feature so a lot people should be covered this way.
I realize the custom will always have its place...but how about a tiered approach to the custom sizing? Frankly, I want one of your suits. However, I am positive the legs will be 2" too long (you confirmed this in email). I don't want to spend an extra 1/3 the cost just to get the legs shortened. If it was $30 (approx 10% of the cost) or less I would jump on it.

Short sizing is very common once you get into pants/full suits.

BTW: I am not trying to criticize or come down hard on you, I have read this whole thread and you are always asking for improvements. I know you added "tall" sizing from all the feedback, I am just hoping enough people like me want "short" sizes.
ac

avc8130 screwed with this post 05-14-2010 at 07:56 PM
Old 05-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #1567
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by avc8130
I realize the custom will always have its place...but how about a tiered approach to the custom sizing? Frankly, I want one of your suits. However, I am positive the legs will be 2" too long (you confirmed this in email). I don't want to spend an extra 1/3 the cost just to get the legs shortened. If it was $30 (approx 10% of the cost) or less I would jump on it.

Short sizing is very common once you get into pants/full suits.

BTW: I am not trying to criticize or come down hard on you, I have read this whole thread and you are always asking for improvements. I know you added "tall" sizing from all the feedback, I am just hoping enough people like me want "short" sizes.
ac
Apparently in Thailand you can now get your legs lengthened by 1.5". This could solve your "short leg syndrome...... Just teasing....
Old 05-14-2010, 09:31 PM   #1568
keiji
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
I would say it isn't a great idea. I know Olympia offers all their pants with "EZ-HEM" legs. I know of too many people who tried them on and were confused that they were so long!

Not all local tailors/seamstresses have a machine/thread heavy duty enough to do multiple layers of nylon/polyester and velcro. I had a local seamstress alter my Olympia Airglide pants, and I could tell that she had trouble with thread snapping.

Plus, if you went this route, you would screw the majority of your demographic because they would be forced to shorten the legs. Unless you are talking about offering sizes other than regular in this manner. A much more creative way was done by JR on their WOMEN's Ballistic pants, which uses rows of snaps to take in the hem.
keiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #1569
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Looks like everyones talking about short sizes while I was trying on 2 different size suits this week. Hope my suit made the order cutoff for 4-5 weeks instead of 6-8. Tried a 2xl and an xl. xl fits the body but still needed shorter sleeves and inseam with a looser collar. Definitely a short size candidate. Thanks for the trail suits Ghazi. Any updates going into this batch?
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
78 BMW R100rs (sold 3/13/11)
04 KTM200exc 09 Kawasaki Versys(daughters)
cccbarkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #1570
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

ok so from the few comments (i say few because i am sure there are a lot more opinions out there that have not been stated yet), i am thinking something like this:

have two versions. one regular size and one unfinished size.
for those seeking a short/tall inseam, get the unfinished size, otherwise get the regular sizing.

watdya think?
Old 05-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #1571
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,522
Crash tested

I crash tested my Lombard today. Thread here. Following that my suggestion for and improvement would be to include hip armor or at least pockets for them in the suit.

Suit held up just fine with no apparent damage. So two thumbs up for that!
Navy Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #1572
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
ok so from the few comments (i say few because i am sure there are a lot more opinions out there that have not been stated yet), i am thinking something like this:

have two versions. one regular size and one unfinished size.
for those seeking a short/tall inseam, get the unfinished size, otherwise get the regular sizing.

watdya think?
Eh, better, but a short size would be perfect. Since you already offer tall, and the suits are made to order, is it that big of an issue? I would imagine you have standard templates with your manufacturer. Maybe you could just add the short templates with them and sell them by special order only?

I am interested in both the Lombard and Mojave, but again, $200 on a $500 order is significant in principle.

ac

avc8130 screwed with this post 05-16-2010 at 05:24 AM
Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 PM   #1573
P B G
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,999
I vote unfinished but include some matching thread.
P B G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #1574
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
after trying on the 2nd suit I tried checking out the phantom by olympia. I watched the vidieo for that suit on u tube and thought the venting systwm seemed pretty good. then I tried finding someone who carried one around here.Nobody! They don`t do internet orders either.That suit has the universal lengths to accomidate short folks but to hard to do buisness with so I`m happy waiting for my hi-vz orange lombard . I hope it fits in the trunk of my buell or the saddlebag cause I didn`t think to see if it would when I had one.Hate to have to lug it to my locker @ work
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
78 BMW R100rs (sold 3/13/11)
04 KTM200exc 09 Kawasaki Versys(daughters)
cccbarkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:32 AM   #1575
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,775
^^^^ Try RevZilla for Olympia gear.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote