Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #1606
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulux
The long arm vents leak for me, too. I think if they were reversed, it would solve it. Make it so the outer fabric flap covering the zipper faces the rear. When unzipped, they'll expand enough that they'll still act as scoops and draw air in, but water won't be directed right into the sleeves when it rains.

More leg venting would be nice -- but I also would prefer hip armor to pocket access.
I recieved my Lombard a couple of weeks ago. It looks to me like the leg vents would catch rain in there the was the flpas open up. Any leakage problems there?

I ordered a M which is too short for me in the legs (my own fault that I couldn't wait and made some nifty extensions) and I took out the knee armor and cut out the pocket it sits in, too uncomfortable. I now have knee vents

My biggest complaint is the rubber ass patch. I thought I was going to love it 'cause I ride a dual sport. No one has ever mentioned how hot it gets down there. It is sooooo sweaty. How do you guys deal with it. I think the improvement should allow for breathability. Who cares if it keeps the rain out, It gets soaked from the inside.

I also don't like the waist pockets. I can't put anything big in there, I feel it when I bend to sit. I'd like to see a puffy cargo pocket on the leg or something.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #1607
Gondul
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulux
I have a few hundred miles on my Lombard now.

The venting is good but 80+ is just too warm to me in the Lombard. I agree it's not bad when moving, but the moment I stop I'm dripping with sweat. It's a heavy suit. It's absolutely comfortable up to 70s.

I'm very likely to buy a Mojave imminently.
+1

I have both and the Mojave is quite nice with the heat/humidity here in Floriduh...
Old 05-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #1608
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Birdo
I recieved my Lombard a couple of weeks ago. It looks to me like the leg vents would catch rain in there the was the flpas open up. Any leakage problems there?

My biggest complaint is the rubber ass patch. I thought I was going to love it 'cause I ride a dual sport. No one has ever mentioned how hot it gets down there. It is sooooo sweaty. How do you guys deal with it. I think the improvement should allow for breathability. Who cares if it keeps the rain out, It gets soaked from the inside.

I also don't like the waist pockets. I can't put anything big in there, I feel it when I bend to sit. I'd like to see a puffy cargo pocket on the leg or something.

I was in a heavy rain the other day and my crotch was soaked, but that's variable based on your motorcycle, too. Main zipper is not waterproof. Arms and crotch were the biggest leaks.

I'm not so concerned about water proofing though. I'll get a cheap rain overcoat if I want waterproof.

I don't mind the rubber ass at all.

I don't put anything in any pockets, either, so no opinion there.
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #1609
backspinnn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
I second teizms needing some short stocky sizing. If they sold 2xl shorts, I would have ordered already. Damned 48-50 inch chest cursing me on a 5'9" frame.

2009 BMW R1200GS
2007 KTM 450EXC dual sport
backspinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:56 PM   #1610
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
I bought one of these http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-Rainsuit.aspx one piece raiinsuits for heavy downpours before I bought my Lombard so it will work together nicely.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #1611
tracye34
I know nothing

Oddometer: 30
Tionesta & Mattole Jeans

Has anyone tried these jeans? I am curious about them for around town type rides. Is the armor CE? Adjustable at all? Also, the I have a 29" inseam and the jeans have a 32.5" inseam. Is this going to make it hard/impossible to properly position the knee armor?

Thanks for any feedback
tracye34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #1612
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
As far as the jeans are concerned, usually a couple of extra inches required to make up for the riding position. the armor however is not adjustable for the current jeans we have.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #1613
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,900
I ordered a pair actually, and got them today.

Sizing is small, I normally were 34x32 jeans so I ordered 34's, they are way too snug in the waist. Length was good as, when standing anyways, the knee armor lined up well with my knee. Unsure of the fit on the bike because they are too small to try. The cut of the material is good from what I can tell, not loose or baggy at all but not slim either. Reminds me somewhat of my Lucky 181's but slimmer (probably because they are at least a size too small for me)

I was very surprised to find the liner since I will probably primarily be wearing these in summer, but its silky smooth and hopefully won't cause swamp butt.

This is the leather patch over the knee pulled out somewhat so it can be seen.

Knee (CE) and hip (not CE) armor

The leather on the seat goes from outseam to outseam and almost down to the back of the knee. The leather on the knee completely covers the armor and then some. Coverage is on par with the draggin jeans I had previously if not slightly better without armor. The leather itself is fairly soft, pliable, and thin, and the denim is similar in weight to Draggin Jeans if memory serves.

Sending them back to exchange, hopefully they next size up fits.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #1614
tracye34
I know nothing

Oddometer: 30
Hey skierd,

thanks for the report & pics, they look pretty nice. Glad to know they are a bit snug, I may have to go for the next size up too.
tracye34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #1615
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
order status

Order 469, did it make to the boat yet?
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
78 BMW R100rs (sold 3/13/11)
04 KTM200exc 09 Kawasaki Versys(daughters)
cccbarkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:42 PM   #1616
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

Oddometer: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccbarkbuster
Order 469, did it make to the boat yet?
Please say yes, I'm number 457.

Never buy a fur coat from a man being chased by a naked bear.
Gray Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #1617
avc8130
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by backspinnn
I second teizms needing some short stocky sizing. If they sold 2xl shorts, I would have ordered already. Damned 48-50 inch chest cursing me on a 5'9" frame.
Excellent. Come on stumpy fat people! Let's get demand up so we can get a "Short" size!
ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #1618
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
Hello folks,
As some of you might know, i am getting married at the end of this month which may result in some delayed responses on the forums. All orders, shipments and email support continue as usual so dont worry on that end.

Anyway. We are also now having " The 2 3 4 sale". Simply put, sizes 2xl,3xl and 4xl are on a closeout sale. . Closeout prices are listed below:

Tioga/Saratoga: $149
Camino: $175:
Ventura: $99

Only one or two pieces remain for each of these products in the above sizes so act fast. I am not going to post about this sale on others forums for a few days so that ADVers get first dibs on the remaining stock.

If you accidently order something that is sold out, i will automatically issue a full refund.

Thanks
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #1619
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

Oddometer: 319
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

Never buy a fur coat from a man being chased by a naked bear.
Gray Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:29 PM   #1620
inmate-n00b
Ciao, Marco

Oddometer: 1,006
Congrats!
I hope this doesn't mean you have to sell your bike
inmate-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote