ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #151
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
Ghazi;
I assume that is you in the video? You did a good job there. Better yet is your continued patience with this group and our probing and sometimes pointed questions. If you can survive this audience without imploding, you have done something significant. The product looks very good and at a price point that makes it outstanding.
I notice that some of the suits have different detailing. Some of the light gray ones have a black strip down the front. Do we have options of customizing like this? I would rather have a light color on the shoulders to keep the heat down as an example. A tall order to customize a $289 suit, but I figured I'd ask.
thanks.. yup thats me.. at this point we cant offer customizing but are exploring the option.. stay tuned.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:35 PM   #152
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugnut
Ditto!

Mike
we are listening.. dont worry.. there seems to be a huge demand for tall sizes.. keep posting on our forums
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #153
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
about us page

About us page has been updated.
http://teizms.com/about-us
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:02 AM   #154
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!
 
flux_capacitor's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Cumming GA
Oddometer: 9,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
we are listening.. dont worry.. there seems to be a huge demand for tall sizes.. keep posting on our forums
I think I'd be best served by a tall size as well. I need like a 33" inseam and a 34 or 35" neck to crotch measurement. I remeasured everything and I just don't think the current sizes are going to fit me well.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #155
deepcdiver
Nobody Special
 
deepcdiver's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Oaktown
Oddometer: 778
I'd order today if he had an XL short (29" inseam)
__________________
Pain is just weakness leaving your body
deepcdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #156
Fleg
Fleg in 2012
 
Fleg's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Rio Rathole, NM
Oddometer: 2,127
My measurements put me all over the place in the size chart.

42" chest, 32" inseam, 30" neck/crotch (with some breather room). Is there a size that would fit me or am I stuck waiting for the taller version?
Fleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #157
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleg
My measurements put me all over the place in the size chart.

42" chest, 32" inseam, 30" neck/crotch (with some breather room). Is there a size that would fit me or am I stuck waiting for the taller version?
deending on your build, you can go for xl/2xl
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #158
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!
 
NortwestRider's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: 3.7 miles North of Hell...SEATTLE....
Oddometer: 3,390
You said that the 4X comes in Blue correct??.Does it have any other colors on it??.

Alan.
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:17 PM   #159
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider
You said that the 4X comes in Blue correct??.Does it have any other colors on it??.

Alan.
yes it comes in blue..
the 1680d reinforcement panels are black on all the suits..
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #160
Fleg
Fleg in 2012
 
Fleg's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Rio Rathole, NM
Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
Question.


What type of stitching at the seams are u using on these suits?

Was this question ever answered?
Fleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #161
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleg
Was this question ever answered?
it is double stiched on the seams
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #162
omnivore
SuperSportTourer
 
omnivore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Brantford,ONT,CAnada
Oddometer: 1,014
Looking at the colour swatches on your site, the yellow and light green don't look like a true Hi Viz to me. I am looking for something that looks like a yellow highlighter marker pen.
Is this the case, or is it just that the swatches aren't good representations of the real colours?
__________________
XR200R
KTM 950SM
CBR Fireblade-GTU Endurance racebike
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:37 PM   #163
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore
Looking at the colour swatches on your site, the yellow and light green don't look like a true Hi Viz to me. I am looking for something that looks like a yellow highlighter marker pen.
Is this the case, or is it just that the swatches aren't good representations of the real colours?
Hi,
Yes they are not hi-viz. the hi-viz color swatches will be available soon. Even though they swatches for non hi-viz orange/yellow/green are displayed, we have decided not to carry them as the demand for hi-viz is more than non hi-viz bright colors.

At this point, we intend to carry Hi-Viz Yellow & Hi-Viz Orange. Expect to see them sometime around May.
Thanks
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #164
mchasal
Mostly Upright
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Oddometer: 75
Restocking

Just a suggestion here, but since you primarily have a web sales model, and most people will be buying the suit sight unseen, I think it would be beneficial to get rid of the restocking fee (10%, listed here: http://teizms.com/customer-service )

I understand that someone has to eat the shipping, and I don't really expect you to do that, but an additional 10% on top of that is not an incentive.

Ok, for some $50 on the dual suit package isn't a big deal, but personally, the fact that I'm basically paying $50 for the privilege of trying your gear isn't appealing. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect some amount of folks to either not be able to find a proper size (especially in a 1 piece) or just not be comfortable with it for some reason. As long as the suit is returned as-new and un-altered, I don't think it's reasonable to incur a fee. It's good that it is waived for size exchanges, but I think it needs more.

Not trying to be snarky or anything, just a friendly suggestion.
mchasal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #165
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchasal
Just a suggestion here, but since you primarily have a web sales model, and most people will be buying the suit sight unseen, I think it would be beneficial to get rid of the restocking fee (10%, listed here: http://teizms.com/customer-service )

I understand that someone has to eat the shipping, and I don't really expect you to do that, but an additional 10% on top of that is not an incentive.

Ok, for some $50 on the dual suit package isn't a big deal, but personally, the fact that I'm basically paying $50 for the privilege of trying your gear isn't appealing. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect some amount of folks to either not be able to find a proper size (especially in a 1 piece) or just not be comfortable with it for some reason. As long as the suit is returned as-new and un-altered, I don't think it's reasonable to incur a fee. It's good that it is waived for size exchanges, but I think it needs more.

Not trying to be snarky or anything, just a friendly suggestion.
Hi,
The point is well taken and reasonable.

Here is how we are looking at things.

The 10% is to cover a lot of bases. First, when we charge you for a suit, we incur a fee. When we refund the charges, we incur another fee. Those two added up with other misc costs of selling the product and returning it costs us approx 10%. So all were are doing is charging what it costs us to take a return item.

Similar suits cost significantly more. We have to make sure our quality is equal to theirs and yet sell it for a much cheaper price. A company can afford to digest various costs when its marking up products that signficantly. For example, if i charge you $700+ for a suit, i dont mind first sending you a trial size and then paying for you to return that and ship out the size you would like based on the trial. Our goal is to provide you a great product at an amazing price. We can increase the price 10% and then say, no restocking fee, is that a better alternative?

You point is valid, but the flip side of the coin is this. Look at the stuff we include for free (for those who decide to keep the suit): Kneesliders, thermal liner, back armor, shin armor etc.

Now regarding buying the suit without taking a look first. We are trying to put our product in stores. This takes times. We currenty have displays in two stores (one in UT, one in CA).

I hope this addresses your concerns. I do undertand your point, I hope you understand mine too :)

Thanks,
Ghazi

teizms screwed with this post 03-21-2009 at 07:14 PM
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014