Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 PM   #211
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
reverse - only the revit has waterproof front zippers. none of the other suits (be it fieldhsheer or stich) have waterproof front zippers.

stupenal- we are working on getting adjustable knee armor pockets.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #212
ruh roh
hey Yall

Oddometer: 296
Um, ok lets address the woman's issue then. Are there any adjustments for the waist? If I get one sized to fit in the hips, I dont want to look like a balloon.

Your size chart should list hip measurements, max hips. I guess I could fit a small, but max waist 32? My hips are more than 32, if i have to go up, the chest and torso will be too big.

And good luck on your new company, in these new economic times. I find your openness here to be refreshing.

Can you post a pic of the thermal liner?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #213
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
girls

If only there were a female review in the near future.....
I'll bet one comes along soon.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #214
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
If only there were a female review in the near future.....
I'll bet one comes along soon.
LOL!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #215
ctbandit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupenal
Thanks bud for the welcome. Appreciated it. I read all 195 posts, and I still had questions. Thanks for policing the internet, you've made it a safer place?
Haha .. I must have been having a bad day.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #216
Indestructible
Cascades Cruiser

Oddometer: 19
Quote:
On the production suits that start shippin on May 31st, the inseam is two inches longer than what you see in the chart to accomodate for the riding position.
Is this going to apply to all suits on the chart, including the tall sizes? This seems to be an area that no manufacturer currently engineers into their suits or pants, and makes it impossible for taller riders to find pants or suits long enough in the inseam when actually seated on the bike. I've tried on most of the options available in riding pants and have yet to find any that fit to my liking. I think that taking this into account would win you a significant portion of the "tall rider" market. I definitely like the arm adjustment idea on your suit as this is another area that comes up short for taller riders.

If you've got another 2" over what's on the chart going on the inseam, I'll throw in an order and give it a shot. You definitely can't beat the price for a suit with this many features!

"I am, therefore I'll think" -John Galt
Indestructible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #217
idea man
Plate Spinner

Birthday gift for Ideawife and the dog.

It was very well wrapped.....

.....several hours later.......

The damn dog is trying to figure out what is going on.

Okay we struggled a little with the zipper, but the dog couldn't get it at all.

...and finally....We're up. Even the dog is relieved.

And then she walked away. That is some seriously reflective stuff right there.

Okay, now for the first impressions. IW is 5'9" and is very well built IMHO.
The suit is a L and she wishes there was a little more room in the torso, height wise. It is not too loose in the shoulders
but then, she has wonderfully broad shoulders.
Seems to fit well in the midsection. Will not be flapping in the breeze.
The suit with the liner got hot quickly but then we were indoors, so there is a lot of protection from the elements.
To say the suit is feature packed would be an understatement. Then again, it's also built to a price. There are obvious trade-offs here and there. Still, it feels like a very good value. It's heavy and feels mostly heavy duty.
Bottom line: It's as good as it looks and feels as you might expect/hope. More for your money and only occasionally do you think..."Oh, this is inexpensive."
Word of advice. If you are between sizes, go with the larger one. Suit runs an half size (or more) small. Being the big tub of goo that I am, I'm pretty sure 4XL is the way to go. Those of you thinking you need tall sizes, you are right.
Thanks to Teizms for bringing us a well valued suit.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]

idea man screwed with this post 03-26-2009 at 10:22 PM
Old 03-27-2009, 06:16 AM   #218
OftKilted
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thumb

Quote:
Word of advice. If you are between sizes, go with the larger one. Suit runs an half size (or more) small. Those of you thinking you need tall sizes, you are right.
The suits are sized pretty much like Rev-IT! gear (European sizing) and are sized to fit snugly. I have one of the Mediums (which is a US Small) and with a 37" Chest and an ~26-27" Neck to Crotch measurement at ~147 lbs and the torso fits well. (And I can still put my insulated gear and heated vest on under it comfortably.)

I personally would like to see a Medium in the tall sizes for those of us who are thin with long arms/legs, but then I have longer legs and arms than are average for a US Small.

The nice thing is that the arm length on these (even without the arm extensions) make arm length a non-issue on the suit. (I have a 33" sleeve, which is rather long for a small, and on the bike I have NO issues when in a riding position and I don't need the additional arm-extension.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
On the production suits that start shippin on May 31st, the inseam is two inches longer than what you see in the chart to accomodate for the riding position.
Is this a change from the Pre-Production units, or the same as the pre-production units?
OftKilted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 06:39 AM   #219
ctbandit
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Thanks for the pictures and review idea man. Didn't even think about getting one for the g/f. Now I might do just that. I'll get to measuring her up and see if she falls into one of the available sizes.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:44 AM   #220
Reverse
Armchair Tough

Oddometer: 1,262
Suit looks good!

The legs look a little short for her, though? How about a pic with her in the riding position?
Old 03-27-2009, 08:26 AM   #221
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,146
I've gotta order me one of these. I'm thinking large based on the previous review.
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #222
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,146
Order place............can't wait
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #223
earwig
Crowbar of Embrayage

Oddometer: 4,722
Quote:
Then again, it's also built to a price. There are obvious trade-offs here and there . . .

. . . only occasionally do you think..."Oh, this is inexpensive."

Can you offer specific examples?
earwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #224
idea man
Plate Spinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwig
Can you offer specific examples?
It's minor, really. Here are two examples. There may be more but I'd have to go looking. 1) the coin pockets are attached to the sleeve and not really integrated. Nice feature and a good idea, just not highly engineered. Probably will work better because of that. 2) the flap over the pockets. Not sure what I'm looking for there, maybe something that will make it more rigid? I dunno. But it made me think that was an inexpensive way to go.

Here is a nice feature that I was suprised by: there is a velcro epaulette on the right shoulder and it took me a few seconds to figure out why it was there and not on the other shoulder. It's for the water tube from the camelback.
Were I to make one request it would be for the sleeves to have a gauntlet design with a zipper like the Belstaff. Probably cost more money, but it would be nice to have the glove under the sleeve for those us us who like it that way.
Most brilliant piece of engineering is the sleeve zippers that make the sleeves longer. Someone had their thinking cap on for that one.
Again, just my opinions. Please feel free to voice your own. It's a pretty cool suit and when the woman in the pictures says I can have one, I will. A really big one.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:53 PM   #225
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Indestructible - yes. this is all true for all sizes on the chart including the tall sizes. so if an inseam says 36" on the chart, it is recommended for a person with a 36" inseam measurement and the suit itself will have a 38" inseam to accomodate for the riding position

idea man - thanks for the pix. please feel free to email/msg me all the stuff that you feel could be improved and i will try to address it in future revisions to the suit

idea man / oftkilted - yes, our "L" means a "M" in U.S. sizes.

OftKilted - this is a change due to all the feedback we are getting. originally the inseams were 1" longer. Now they will be 2" longer.

jeepinbanditrider - got your order. thankss