Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #2281
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I think the idea of the store is good.... Where to put it will require some research. Location location location...For instance while Texas might be a good state for the mesh gear, I am not sure there would be a lot of folks buying your flag ship V3 because I the hot climate.... Just my 2 cents
The store will deal more with local requirements (like mesh, custom racing suits). It is meant to supplement the online business and hence, products may be different from what we offer online.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #2282
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Birdo View Post
CANADA...... for the warm wear. I think the Idea of a store is great. Calgary, Alberta would be great for you.
Sadly, Texas is the only option being considered right now. But more presence in Canada is definitely on the cards. You guys need to encourage your local dealers to start stocking our suits.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:16 PM   #2283
bete
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 494
You getting sick of those cold Chicago winters? don't blame you. bete.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #2284
Testcase
Not to be trusted

Oddometer: 83
30 minute interstate commute in a rainstorm and I am dry in my V3. I supplemented with a can of Sno Seal Silicone Water Guard Aerosol Water Proofing on arms, shoulders, chest, and crotch because I'm anal like that. I Sno-seal my boots, too.
Testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #2285
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testcase View Post
30 minute interstate commute in a rainstorm and I am dry in my V3. I supplemented with a can of Sno Seal Silicone Water Guard Aerosol Water Proofing on arms, shoulders, chest, and crotch because I'm anal like that. I Sno-seal my boots, too.
cool. just a little bit off effort (to supplement the waterproof) can make a big difference.

bete- yeah the winters are taking quite a toll on me.. i moved there after living in California for a couple of years and its not easy to adjust !
Old 03-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #2286
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post
Hey,
I apologize for the confusion between the commute suit and Lombard. This is why we are redesigning the Commute Suit to be less confusing :) questions
What is involved in the re-design, and is there a timeline for the rev. 2 version of the Commute?

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:24 AM   #2287
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc View Post
What is involved in the re-design, and is there a timeline for the rev. 2 version of the Commute?

dc
It will loose most of the vents, the waterproof liner will be built in. We are just waiting for a final sample so timing wise we will start taking orders around next month.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #2288
Bugnut
Dude

Oddometer: 104
Ghazi,

Just wanted you to be aware, as well as other potential buyers, that there is direct, albeit inferior, competition to your suits.

The photos are from my run over to Dayton. The design is uncannily close to the Teiz suits but, each of the suits have WAY thinner materials, and WAY, WAY smaller and thinner armor of which there is less - nothing to speak of for back armor except a thin piece of foam, and none on the shin or at the forearm. The overall weight of the suit made it feel "cheap" in a bad way. That's what made me notice the thinness of the fabrics.

I was not impressed with this groups products in any way. Like an Earl Schibe $199 paint job from 100 feet away looks kind of good, but up close shows the drips, runs, and fish eyes, these suits looked from a distance to be good. Even close enough to pull me in from 100 yards away. But up close and personal, these proved to be wholly lacking in every area the Teiz suits excel.

To those who run across these folks selling, the Teiz group makes a much more superior product.

Mike

Bugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #2289
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for posting this bugnut.
This suit looks similar to our because it is a COPY / FAKE of the V2.
Expect a fake V3 soon!

There is actually quite a story behind all this. I am well aware of 6th gear and their business practices. They have been exhibiting at other trade shows as well alongside us. These guys used to be friends of our and we helped out each other to set up and take down the show booths. The guy ( name is Naman) befriended me and inquired in detail about my business, customers and practices. The next thing i know, he shows up a few months later with a replica of my suits.
However, any one who tried on their suit knows that their is no competition. These guys are simply manufacturers and not riders (though Naman claims to own a 700cc Ducati)

Ghazi: So what do you ride
Naman: huh
Ghazi: Do you own a motorcycle
Naman: yes
Ghazi: Which one
Naman: Ducati
Ghazi: o thats cool, which one
Naman: 700cc

When they replicated my suit, they simply went off the pictures on the site and overview i gave them about my product. so you will find inner pants access pockets on the chest.

Anyone at the shows who tried on the their products, and also tried ours, bought from us. Two people reported that the MAIN zipper broke off while trying to put it on.

My recommendation is that you guys actually go and check it out so that you can understand the differences between our products. They even copied my signs earlier regarding custom sizing and so on. So please go ahead and check out this replica suit that "allows dryness" and has "hip seat construction" and let us know what you think...

In summary: This is the difference between a product that was designed and tested by a rider compared to one that was made by a company that has no idea about motorcycling.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #2290
Testcase
Not to be trusted

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
cool. just a little bit off effort (to supplement the waterproof) can make a big difference.

bete- yeah the winters are taking quite a toll on me.. i moved there after living in California for a couple of years and its not easy to adjust !
Yeah, minimal effort and I can't say if it was even needed. I was already buying sno-seal for the boots and figured it couldn't hurt. Made life a lot easier. My 2 year old calls it my 'supersuit.'
Testcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:09 AM   #2291
TX K@@TER RED
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
thanks for the detailed reply keiji

ok folks. how about a teiz store in the dallas,tx area?
generally, what do you guys think about a teiz store (irrespective of location). you will be able to walk in, get sized, order any type of gear you want ranging from pants to racing suits. what do you think?
I ordered my Mojave Monday and would have loved to have been able to try it on prior! At first, the idea of a store made me think " ahhh F*&+ now I'll have to pay tax!" but then realized there would be no shipping since you would be local. I think a store would increase your sales and overall word on the streets for your products! I'm hoping you make it happen -Joel
Old 03-21-2011, 09:59 AM   #2292
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX K@@TER RED View Post
I ordered my Mojave Monday and would have loved to have been able to try it on prior! At first, the idea of a store made me think " ahhh F*&+ now I'll have to pay tax!" but then realized there would be no shipping since you would be local. I think a store would increase your sales and overall word on the streets for your products! I'm hoping you make it happen -Joel
Most likely we will have an office where you can come in (by appointment) and try on various sizes and place an order.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #2293
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

We are having a closeout on our Mojave riding suit. This design is being discontinued and will be replaced with a new version later this year. This means you can have a suit with amazing airflow for just $199.

Very few sizes left so act fast!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 AM   #2294
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
How is the new woman's suit coming along? We have a trip the last week of May and she needs a riding suit! What is your date for taking orders and shipping?
Thanks!
Kenbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #2295
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

womens suit: should be getting the first sample early next week.. will post pictures as soon as we can