Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,719
testing the vintage
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #2342
road2ruin
Like new adult owned

Oddometer: 30
More on comfort/riding temp- today I did my first commute in the V3. Outside temp 35F. No liner in the suit. Had on jeans and light cotton short sleeve shirt. Threw on a long sleeve shirt- just for comfort. Fit of the suit over my work clothes was perfect. Easy on and off, too.

It was a pleasant 15 mile ride. Just right and I'm very happy.

The bike is naked- no fairings (Bonneville), so it was a good test.
road2ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #2343
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,879
The suit with the liner is in fact very warm. I went out on Friday morning with the temps around 40 degrees. I had on shorts and a tshirt under the suit with the liner in. At that temp my neck was a bit chilly, so I put on my balaklava and just left it around my neck and didn't pull it over my head.

It got up to around 60 with light clouds and I was comfy with vents open, even with the liner in. Naturally I lost the balaklava, but my clothes did end up a bit sweaty. I wouldn't want to have the liner in at that temp and need you clothes to be presentable. But for touring it was fine.

Here's an action shot for you FFs

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."

univibe88 screwed with this post 04-25-2011 at 07:50 AM
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #2344
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

We are now accepting orders for the vintage jacket

http://www.teizms.com/vintage
Old 04-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #2345
Rodan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I know you've said you're concentrating on the one-piece thing for now, but are you considering a two piece version of your leather (or textile) suits for the future?

I like your one piece suits, but would prefer a two piece version for touring. It's just a lot more convenient for most stops. What I'm looking for is a sport cut... I don't like the 3/4 length jacket that most current two piece suits have. It just doesn't work as well on sport bikes (my touring rig is a Hayabusa...).

If you had a two piece version of the Lombard (with a waist length jacket), I'd probably order one tomorrow, even though I think I'd prefer leather...

Props for offering leather in something other than black. Black leather sux in the Southwest!
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #2346
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
I know you've said you're concentrating on the one-piece thing for now, but are you considering a two piece version of your leather (or textile) suits for the future?

I like your one piece suits, but would prefer a two piece version for touring. It's just a lot more convenient for most stops. What I'm looking for is a sport cut... I don't like the 3/4 length jacket that most current two piece suits have. It just doesn't work as well on sport bikes (my touring rig is a Hayabusa...).

If you had a two piece version of the Lombard (with a waist length jacket), I'd probably order one tomorrow, even though I think I'd prefer leather...

Props for offering leather in something other than black. Black leather sux in the Southwest!
Hi,
We have the jacket available right now and its on closeout:
http://www.teizms.com/saratoga2-p-59.html

We did have matching pants but they are sold out. We can take orders for them though at regular price of $299.

We also have a textile version of the 2 piece. You can read about it here:
http://www.onewheeldrive.net/2010/07...bargain-price/

The Ventura jacket & patching pants are being revised and will be available later this year. Along with that, we will be introducing another brand new textile 2 piece suit.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #2347
Rodan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post

The Ventura jacket & patching pants are being revised and will be available later this year. Along with that, we will be introducing another brand new textile 2 piece suit.
Thanks. I'll be looking forward to it. All the stuff on closeout is gone in my sizes...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #2348
RockyMtnRoadRash
Useful and decorative

Oddometer: 500
I'm sure there's not huge demand for it, but I gotta say that Vintage jacket would look kickass in brown (looks good in black but black leather's not my thing.) With vents and a full set of CE armor I'd be hard pressed to resist buying one in brown.

держите мою водку и наблюдайте это!
RockyMtnRoadRash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #2349
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnRoadRash View Post
I'm sure there's not huge demand for it, but I gotta say that Vintage jacket would look kickass in brown (looks good in black but black leather's not my thing.) With vents and a full set of CE armor I'd be hard pressed to resist buying one in brown.

Actually, i have a really cool brown/burn-orange leather that i will take a picture of and show you. I can make the jacket in those colors if you want... Just give me a call at 888-808-8349 and we can talk about making one in the various shades of brown i have available.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #2350
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Thanks. I'll be looking forward to it. All the stuff on closeout is gone in my sizes...
What size do you need
Old 05-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #2351
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 11,739
More Customer Pics

Ghazi --

As promised!

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #2352
MapBoy
here there be dragons...

Oddometer: 452
Just received some pants from Teiz, and I am blown away by the quality of the pants... the materials, construction, stitching, and design all look top notch. (I know this is about the suits, but I wanted to pass along a thumbs up for the quality, great communication, and fast shipping that Ghazi provides.

I look forward to seeing your new products later this year, and will not hesitate to buy from Teiz again in the future.

Thanks Ghazi!
MapBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #2353
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseblood View Post
Ghazi --

As promised!

Jesse - Awesome pics!! thanks

Mapboy - i am glove you like em :) Do upload some pics when you get a chance..
Old 05-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #2354
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,879
How are you guys treating the suit to make it more waterproof? I got stuck in a storm yesterday and got soaked.

Is washing in Nikwax the most effective (and easiest) thing to do? Anything else I should do?

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."

univibe88 screwed with this post 05-04-2011 at 07:15 PM
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #2355
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
How are you guys treating the suit to make it more waterproof? I got stuck in a storm yesterday and got soaked.

Is washing in Nikwax the most effective (and easiest) thing to do? Anything else I should do?
Nikwax will treat your drench quench liner but not if its sewn in properly. I would check to see if the liner is in fact sewn directly around the vent. You can access it through the bottom of the leg where the velcro attaches to get to the shin guard, follow the liner to the vent and you may see that it/they hasn't/haven't been sewn completely around the vent, saves them time I guess, when I examined the sewing it looked like it was a deliberate stop not a...oops missed a piece.....only half of the liner was sewn around the vent, in each vent not just one.

I dissected my V3 suit after examining my wife's other brand that kept her dry. I ended up cutting the mesh from the vents and hand sewing the unattached drench quench liner around the vent then sewing the mesh in the vent back up. I did this to the arm, chest and leg vents.... it took two sessions of two hours long.

I think the Commute would be kick ass but I'll see how the V3 does this year with my mods. I haven't tested it in the rain but I still love the suit. I'm hoping that I won't have to wear my rain over suit on top of it this summer.

I only checked the V3 because I was getting soaked in my V2 after treating it and seam sealing it. The wetness wasn't coming in from the seams but from the rain penetrating the outer textile that wasn't backed with a sewn drench quench. The v2 is now my snow suit

Good Luck