ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #226
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
1) the coin pockets are attached to the sleeve and not really integrated. Nice feature and a good idea, just not highly engineered. Probably will work better because of that.
I agree they need to be a little better looking. The reason why they feel attached is because if they were internal pockets, it would be difficult for the change to slide out. The point here was quick and easy. So put a coin in that pocket and try to shimmer it out. Itll pop right out. I wanted these pockets to be functional without taking off gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
2) the flap over the pockets. Not sure what I'm looking for there, maybe something that will make it more rigid? I dunno. But it made me think that was an inexpensive way to go.
Not really sure what you mean? Are we still talking about the coin pockets?


Answering another comment i received:
Comment: the left arm clear pocket should be rotated about 15 degrees in board. When you try to look at it, it should be on the top of your forarm. Currently... when you bend your arm in to look at it (like you would a wristwatch)... it is too far forward to see. So if you have a map in this pocket.. you would have a difficult time seeing it.
Answer: This was intended to be this way. I did not want the pocket to be in clear view while riding because i did not want the contents to be a distraction. So you should consciously have to twist your arm to see what you want to. For example, i use that pocket for a cell phone. Now while riding i dont want to be suddenly distracted when i see an incoming call pop up on the screen. The thigh pocket is in more clear view (depending on riding position) even then you have consciously look at it to see the contents. This is ofcourse just my philosophy behing the design and no body has to agree on it. If customers want something different then we will try to oblige.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:16 PM   #227
Indestructible
Cascades Cruiser
 
Indestructible's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Oddometer: 19
I'm in, just placed an order. Thanks for quick response and taking the time to answer everyone's questions.
__________________
2004 R1150GS Adventure


"I am, therefore I'll think" -John Galt
Indestructible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:40 AM   #228
2slow
Road toad
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Stafford, VA
Oddometer: 456
Love what you are doing with this thread. You seem to be incorporating consumer input into your suits at a tremendous pace. I'm still reluctant to order any one-piece without trying it on first. At 6' 3 1/2" with a 35" inseam I don't feel as though I'm way out of the normal proportions, but apparently far enough that suits don't fit. Even the "tall" dimensions look marginal.

I have tried Olympia and Fieldsheer riding suits, BMW and Tourmaster rainsuits, etc. and none have been long enough in the torso, even when I go up a size. I'll be in Chicago in July, if you have a showroom at that time I'll certainly plan to drop in and try on a suit.
2slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #229
DakarBlues
One-everythinged man
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: The pink lake less circled
Oddometer: 1,283
hard choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slow
Love what you are doing with this thread. You seem to be incorporating consumer input into your suits at a tremendous pace. I'm still reluctant to order any one-piece without trying it on first. At 6' 3 1/2" with a 35" inseam I don't feel as though I'm way out of the normal proportions, but apparently far enough that suits don't fit. Even the "tall" dimensions look marginal.

I have tried Olympia and Fieldsheer riding suits, BMW and Tourmaster rainsuits, etc. and none have been long enough in the torso, even when I go up a size. I'll be in Chicago in July, if you have a showroom at that time I'll certainly plan to drop in and try on a suit.
I am same size as you and it seems like the choice is between:
- wedged butt
- squashed nuts

Cornelian decision indeed!

I'm still pondering, being a long distance rider I might find myself reduced to suffering those TWO INDIGNITIES at the same time!
__________________
He, whose nuts skim the ground while airborne, won't crash very far!


Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #230
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarBlues
I am same size as you and it seems like the choice is between:
- wedged butt
- squashed nuts

Cornelian decision indeed!

I'm still pondering, being a long distance rider I might find myself reduced to suffering those TWO INDIGNITIES at the same time!
basically the tall guys get messed up due to the torso measurements. our tallest suit (2XL-T) has a recommended torso measurement of 35 inches which i think is long enough for most folks. The regular 2XL has a recommended torso of 32 inches and the tall folks complained that it was a inch or two short. I think our tall sizes should cater to a majority of tall riders.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #231
Bugnut
Dude
 
Bugnut's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Blue Hair Central
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
basically the tall guys get messed up due to the torso measurements. our tallest suit (2XL-T) has a recommended torso measurement of 35 inches which i think is long enough for most folks. The regular 2XL has a recommended torso of 32 inches and the tall folks complained that it was a inch or two short. I think our tall sizes should cater to a majority of tall riders.
That's what I've ordered and if it doesn't work....I'll move on. Thanks for the input and feedback Ghazi. Should serve us well. No matter what, your openness is 100 fold better than the average vendor.
Mike
Bugnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:41 PM   #232
omnivore
SuperSportTourer
 
omnivore's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Brantford,ONT,CAnada
Oddometer: 1,013
hey Ghazi. For us CDN buyers, can we mail you Postal Money Order cashable at your local USPS Post OFfice?
Shipping would be to my team mate in Buffalo NY.
__________________
XR200R
KTM 950SM
CBR Fireblade-GTU Endurance racebike
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 PM   #233
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivore
hey Ghazi. For us CDN buyers, can we mail you Postal Money Order cashable at your local USPS Post OFfice?
Shipping would be to my team mate in Buffalo NY.
Hi,

Yes, you can mail us a a money order. Use the "Check / Money order" option when checking out.

However, you could simply order using a credit card. Enter your friends address as the shipping address (instead of selecting the "shipping address is same as billing address" option). (I prefer this but no pressure, i am fine with either method)

Either way, i recommend putting in an order right away as i will be closing ordering at the end of the day today (for the May 31st shipping timeframe).

Thanks
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #234
idea man
Plate Spinner
 
idea man's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: 101 and 246, CA
Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugnut
That's what I've ordered and if it doesn't work....I'll move on. Thanks for the input and feedback Ghazi. Should serve us well. No matter what, your openness is 100 fold better than the average vendor.
Mike
Isn't this a great thread? Ghazi is awesome with accepting feedback. It feels like someone is actually listening.
A quick update. Idea Wife took the suit for a ride and liked it. All the changes listed by Ghazi were things she pointed out as minor issues for her. She liked the suit though. (Figured she would.) It's pretty nice and since her get-off a year ago, I've been looking for something for her that won't ride up if she decides to play fearless stunt rider across the pavement. Her two piece rode up (as she slid upside down and backwards) and left her with a nice little souvenir on her side for her troubles. This Tiezms suit is the perfect solution. Thanks again Ghazi.
__________________
"You know sir, there is a fine line between Badass and Dumbass." Medical Records Lady
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #235
doc_simple
Meat popsickle
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: P-Town wit da hipsters
Oddometer: 87
great thread? Just cost me $300!!! I couldnt help it, I caved to the pressure of buy one now or dont have it when your ready to ride.

So Ghazi, I looked for an option to accelerate shipping and it was not there. I am leaving on a cross-country trip on June 14th and want to be sure I have somethin to ride in. I saw in another thread you told the people (they were leaving before May 31st) that you hoped they would use the suits on another trip. That really wont work for me. A month on the road, I need a suit.

Please let me know whats up, and if you think there will be an issue.

Thanks
doc_simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:29 AM   #236
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_simple
Just cost me $300!!!
lol!

i can get it to you in time if you promise to post pix from the trip in the suit with only positive things to say

We use FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery for shipping. The average time frame for delivery is 3-5 days. So i think you are good. Since i couldnt map your adv handle to your actual order, i dont know which zip code you are in. Give me your zip and i will calculate a more accurate estimate for you.

In summary, the suits will be shipped at the LATEST on May 31st. I hope to get them out earlier actually. So even if you add the 3-5 days after May 31st, you are pretty safe.

idea man - keep us posted on what she thinks. glad she is liking it.

thanks for the support folks and if you have already recieved a suit, please post feedback so others can benefit from your experience

G.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #237
doc_simple
Meat popsickle
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: P-Town wit da hipsters
Oddometer: 87
I promise to take pics, but I cant tell a lie so it better be good! If your suits work as well as you do, all should be well. My order is being sent to 97219. Name on the order is Jonathan Orleck. You can PM me the info.

You should send Ideaman a free, or at least a discounted, suit. His write up sold me and I'm guessing at least a few other fence sitters!

Thanks for the really quick response, didnt think I'd hear anything till morning at the earliest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
lol!

i can get it to you in time if you promise to post pix from the trip in the suit with only positive things to say

We use FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery for shipping. The average time frame for delivery is 3-5 days. So i think you are good. Since i couldnt map your adv handle to your actual order, i dont know which zip code you are in. Give me your zip and i will calculate a more accurate estimate for you.

In summary, the suits will be shipped at the LATEST on May 31st. I hope to get them out earlier actually. So even if you add the 3-5 days after May 31st, you are pretty safe.

idea man - keep us posted on what she thinks. glad she is liking it.

thanks for the support folks and if you have already recieved a suit, please post feedback so others can benefit from your experience

G.
doc_simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:38 AM   #238
teizms
Beastly Adventurer
 
teizms's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Plano, TX
Oddometer: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_simple
I promise to take pics, but I cant tell a lie so it better be good! If your suits work as well as you do, all should be well. My order is being sent to 97219. Name on the order is Jonathan Orleck. You can PM me the info.

You should send Ideaman a free, or at least a discounted, suit. His write up sold me and I'm guessing at least a few other fence sitters!

Thanks for the really quick response, didnt think I'd hear anything till morning at the earliest.
4 business days for your zip code.

ideaman (and returning customers) get a good discount.

looking forward to your pix
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #239
doc_simple
Meat popsickle
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: P-Town wit da hipsters
Oddometer: 87
thanks again, I wanted this sort of suit but it was beyond my means. Short of the dreaded crash test I am pretty sure 7k+ miles in a month will test the limits of your gear.

I am planning on full documentation of the trip and I will send you a copy with pics.
doc_simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #240
IdeaWife
Gnarly Adventurer
 
IdeaWife's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Central Coast
Oddometer: 441
I do love the suit! Mine is the prototype one and I know you made it longer but I'm not sure by how much. At 5'9" mine is definitely short...the knee gaurds sit above my knees when I'm riding. So, even if the new ones are a couple of inches longer, if you are my height or taller you might want the XL or maybe there are long sizes?

I love how I can put it on and take it off easily over my boots.

I'll get Ideaman to take pics riding!!
IdeaWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014