Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #2416
Romulux
Next exit

Oddometer: 156
Hi Ghazi, I'm checking back in after owning a Lombard 2 and a Mojave for about a year.

The Mojave is by far my preferred suit to wear. It's lighter and more streamlined than the Lombard. It's as cool and comfortable as possible when the temperature is high. It's too cool for under 70 or so. Absolutely love the Mojave.

The Lombard, by contrast, flows a decent amount of air but is quite warm. The cut off is about 75 or so for the upper end of the Lombard's comfort range.

---------------------------

It looks like you've made several improvements that are high on my list of nitpicks.

You've moved to better zippers. I've had trouble with the zippers on the Lombard 2. The old style was hard to zip, especially one-handed.

You've moved to better wrist closures. The ones on the L2 and Mojave curl up too easily when putting gloves over them.

Waterproofing, or lack thereof, has not been a big complaint for me. If it's really raining, I have an oversuit. The Lombard has been good enough for light rain.

There's probably a lot of other improvements that I haven't noticed.

From a mostly aesthetic standpoint, it looks like the lower legs are still too bulky. If you could find a way to streamline or reduce material at the lower legs, the suits would look a bit more balanced. Most photos show "chunky" lower legs.

The bulkiness of the legs makes walking feel and sound clumsy, like you have to widen your stance while walking.

Have you improved general quality assurance and stitching? A big problem with my L2 is that several places have seam failures. Right below the pocket access on both sides of the hips, the seams have come undone. This has mostly failed by itself. I don't do anything strenuous in the suit besides sit on the bike.

I noticed someone said you now have repair facilities. Could I send my Lombard in for
repairs? PM me if you would prefer to answer that way.

Has armor been updated? Knee armor in particular doesn't like to stay put and isn't large enough. Most of the rest of the armor was fine (except for lack of hip padding).

It looks like your wife did a great job with the lady's suit! Keep improving, looks like you're moving in the right direction.
Romulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #2417
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,721
Thanks for the feedback Romulux...

Folks we have very few V3 lefts in stock. The price is just $249.. An incredible bargain....
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #2418
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,847
Ordered a second V3, Looking forward to seeing the Hi-Vis. Thanks Ghazi
pjm204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #2419
Deans BMW
Granpa Hoon

Oddometer: 3,111
Ghazi, here we are last month with my V3.

www.Motorcyclistcafe.com
Founder San Jose BMW
Deans BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 PM   #2420
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deans BMW View Post
Ghazi, here we are last month with my V3.
Looking good as always Looks like a custom fit!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #2421
road2ruin
Like new adult owned

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms View Post

Folks we have very few V3 lefts in stock. The price is just $249.. An incredible bargain....
You guys are nuts if you need a suit and don't seriously consider the V3 at this price! I paid a lot more and am very pleased.
road2ruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:15 AM   #2422
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,847
Quote:

I Pre-ordered a V3 in November and I love it. I love it so much that while I don't need a second one, I bought one anyway. It arrived yesterday. I'll pack it away until I need it. Thanks!
pjm204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #2423
Texcollect
Adventurer wannabe

Oddometer: 196
Quote:

But no 2XL talls. I guess I'll just have to wait until the next version !!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #2424
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcollect View Post
But no 2XL talls. I guess I'll just have to wait until the next version !!
Just give me a call and we will take an order for it even though details are not up on the site yet. the number is 888-808-8349. we can go over the changes on the phone...
Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #2425
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,176
I'm loving the Mesa pants - haven't worn them yet without someone asking me what they are and where they can get a pair (I always point them to your website).

Do you happen to have any leather-mesh jacket (or recommend one from another maker) that'd go with the pants? I'd need either a small or medium I think (I'm roughly a 39 in a dress suit/sport coat - 5"10", 160lbs). I really like the look of the Camino but would prefer perf/mesh leather.

I saw the link under the Tioga for this http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/115174.html - would you consider it of similar quality to the Mesa pants?

All the best!

Josh

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:55 AM   #2426
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
I'm loving the Mesa pants - haven't worn them yet without someone asking me what they are and where they can get a pair (I always point them to your website).

Do you happen to have any leather-mesh jacket (or recommend one from another maker) that'd go with the pants? I'd need either a small or medium I think (I'm roughly a 39 in a dress suit/sport coat - 5"10", 160lbs). I really like the look of the Camino but would prefer perf/mesh leather.

I saw the link under the Tioga for this http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...et/115174.html - would you consider it of similar quality to the Mesa pants?

All the best!

Josh
Hello,
I am glad you the like the pants...

The Saratoga & Tioga jacket both match the Mesa pants. I do have the following available:

Tioga 2 jacket in size Small (silver/black - my favorite color scheme)
Saratoga 2 jacket in size Medium (blue/black)

Just give me a call if you wanna pick any of these up..
Old 06-06-2011, 06:09 AM   #2427
BrainBender
Bounty Hunter

Oddometer: 373
Thumb

I haven't purchased a suit yet but I have to comment on Ghazi's customer service. I called Teizm's phone number on their website Saturday expecting to leave a message with a few questions about their suits so they could get back to me on Monday or Tuesday. To my surprise Ghazi answered the phone and talked to me at length about all my questions, made some suggestions, and then made me a great deal if I bought a Mojave and closeout Lombard. I could hear voices in the background, sounded like he had people over. I felt really bad about interrupting his day because I wasn't expecting to talk to a person on a Saturday, I kept trying to get off the phone but he wasn't worried about it, he was just trying to help me out. The only reason I didn't make a purchase Saturday is because I'm off work right now with an illness. I'm not real sure when I'm going back and our sick pay sucks. Rest assured that when I get back to work and caught up bill wise I'll be getting a suit Ghazi. Thanks for your help and time. Jack from Pennsylvania
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 AM   #2428
Rodan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Can anyone comment on how the cut of the Mojave 2 works on a hypersport (K12/13S, Busa, ZX-14, etc.)?

My 'Stich doesn't have any of the 'sportbike' options (I was riding a 'Strom when I bought it), and it's too tight across the shoulders to be comfy on my 'Busa. I want to make sure I avoid that pitfall if I order a Mojave...
Rodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #2429
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Can anyone comment on how the cut of the Mojave 2 works on a hypersport (K12/13S, Busa, ZX-14, etc.)?

My 'Stich doesn't have any of the 'sportbike' options (I was riding a 'Strom when I bought it), and it's too tight across the shoulders to be comfy on my 'Busa. I want to make sure I avoid that pitfall if I order a Mojave...
Recently replied to a customer with the same question:

Unlike other suits, we have stretch panels on the knees, elbows, back & shoulders to ensure comfort even on bikes with aggressive riding positions. Additionally, if you still do not find the suit to be comfortable, we can always make you a custom one with more space wherever needed (for example if you need more length in the torso).
Old 06-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #2430
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Teiz Power Shell

edit:

The latest Power Shell details are now available here:
http://store.teizms.com/power-shell

-------------------------------------------------------

Initial on the Power Shell:

& some blurred out pictures