Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2009, 09:51 AM   #241
doc_simple
Meat popsickle

Oddometer: 63
IdeaWife: I am 5' 10" about 170 with a 30-31 inseam. Do you think I should get a size up from you? I was considering the XL but the waist size put me off a bit. I wear a 34 but pack a couple "extra" inches above from my studies in hop-soaked yeast water.

Thanks for any input that might help.

Ghazi - is it a problem to change to an XL if that seems to be the right route?
doc_simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 AM   #242
Callicles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
As a tall guy, I worry about the appropriate size:

6'5"
245lbs
36 waist
37" sleeve
48 chest
34" inseam

Will the 2x tall work? Seems like it may be tight in the shoulders/chest?
Callicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:34 AM   #243
bartender
Jack of all trades

Oddometer: 83
I've been following this thread with great interest, but still feel uneasy about buying something without trying it on. I know it's a bad comparison, but I can't buy suits off the rack EVER, and worry about the same with motorcycle wear. I'm located in Chicago, and I see that you're office is now in Illinois somewhere. Do you have suits in stock that can be tried on? As for my size, I'm 6'3", wear 32x34 jeans, size 42 jacket, 36" sleaves.

Thanks!
bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:47 PM   #244
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,720
Trying to answer all the questions above and then some:

size changes to the stock coming in may:

1) one inch increase in torso on ALL sizes
2) one inch increase in inseam on ALL sizes

Again, folks the measurements on the chart are those of the rider not of the suit. When the inseam says 30 inches on the size chart, the suit itself will be two inches longer to accomodate for the riding position.

If you tried on the pre-prod versions and felt that the suit was just an inch short in the torso, the updated suits will fit you ok due to the one inch increase mentioned above, so no need to go up a size in that case. Please makes sure to consider the torso measurement when ordering, as this is the most crucial when it comes to having a comfortable fit. The suits themselves are an inch/two longer than the torso mesurement listed in the chart.

The waist is HIGHLY adjustable. So if the listed max waist is larger than yours, dont fret.

GREAT NEWS: Once again, responding to your feedback, the stock arriving in May will have ADJUSTABLE KNEE ARMOR. I am finalizing the details for that as we speak. So if you pre-ordered, you need not worry any more about the knee armor not positioning correctly.

If you need to change anything on your order, please call/email me today as i wnt be able to make any changes after that.

A lot of folks have expressed interest in a Chicago meet. Any suggestions about a place and weekend you guys want to meet up. I have a S, 2XL and 3XL (all pre-prod sizes) available for folks to try out.
Also, So-Cal and Nor-Cal meets are possible in the second last week of April (around the 24th). Will send out more info in the next newsletter.

I will improving the website over the next few days so dont panic if its not working properly. If you need to talk about ordering a suit today onwards (as you cant over the website anymore) or need to reserve a suit in the upcoming stock, please email me or call me at 309-740-1674.

thanks guys
G.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #245
doc_simple
Meat popsickle

Oddometer: 63
nice, I like it a bit snug and if the 30 inches torso is my measurements, as you said, and not the suit it should fit nice.

Thanks again, I know this is a reasonably priced suit but its still big $ for me. Your feedback is setting my fretting down, now I can start waiting for the suit and hoping they get in early

No rush, but when you get a chance could you add some "approved" seam sealer, waterproofing sprays to the website? I would like to get them together before the suit shows up and would like to be sure its the right stuff for the material.
doc_simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 PM   #246
IdeaWife
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_simple
IdeaWife: I am 5' 10" about 170 with a 30-31 inseam. Do you think I should get a size up from you? I was considering the XL but the waist size put me off a bit. I wear a 34 but pack a couple "extra" inches above from my studies in hop-soaked yeast water.

Thanks for any input that might help.

Ghazi - is it a problem to change to an XL if that seems to be the right route?

With the increase of two inches and adjustable knee pads you are probably fine with the large. Should be perfect....or maybe a little short... Cool suit!
IdeaWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #247
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,014
Aww crap. I missed deadline?
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #248
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdeaWife
With the increase of two inches and adjustable knee pads....
What are we talking about here?

[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #249
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
What are we talking about here?
LOL!

Folks, i have enabled ordering for the next batch which is due to ship on June 30th. The last date to order is April 30th.

However, i have some extra stock arriving in May so you might want to check with me if i will have what you need coming in. If so, i can reserve it for you (you will need to pay for it). Feel free to call/email/post/pm to ask about this.

Once again, there WILL be Adjustable Knee Armor in the suits so no worries on that front.

Thanks
G.

teizms screwed with this post 04-11-2009 at 03:56 PM
Old 04-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #250
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,460
4X in HI VIZ ?????
NortwestRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #251
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider
4X in HI VIZ ?????
Yes, only 1 hi-viz yellow 4xl..
Old 04-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #252
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Remaining May Stock

Folks. Apart from the pre-orders, we do have some extra suits arriving in May. The remaining incoming stock is being reserved on a first come first serve basis. Please contact us to inquire about availability.

If we dont have a suit arriving in May that you want to reserve, you can now pre-order for a June 30th shipping date.

You can contact us in various ways:

Email: sales@teizms.com or PM teizms on advrider
Call our office: 309-740-1674
Call me directly: 408-396-0881

Over the phone we can accept orders for international shipping as well.

Thanks.
Ghazi
Teiz Motorsports

teizms screwed with this post 04-11-2009 at 05:33 AM
Old 04-04-2009, 08:23 PM   #253
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,460
Ghazi.

I will take the 4XL HI VIZ.I sent you a email.

Alan..
NortwestRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #254
David_Moen
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,220
Two questions,

Is there a Version 2 suit coming in the near future? The rather verbal crown here is likley to have lots of suggestions for you once the first production batch gets out into the field. I imagine you will be sifting through the e-mails and incorporating good suggestions.

Have you taken any orders from Canadian customers yet? How much would shipping be to Canada?

Thanks!
David_Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #255
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Moen
Two questions,

Is there a Version 2 suit coming in the near future? The rather verbal crown here is likley to have lots of suggestions for you once the first production batch gets out into the field. I imagine you will be sifting through the e-mails and incorporating good suggestions.

Have you taken any orders from Canadian customers yet? How much would shipping be to Canada?

Thanks!
hello,
i am already getting feedback (and incorporationg it)..

i have been accepting canadian orders. the total cost with shipping for a vented suit to canada is US $340. i can only accept canadian orders over the phone.

thanks