User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #3046
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,722

feedback received with pictures
" have about 1500 miles ridden to dte with my new Navigator custom built. It is every bit as comfortable as I imagined it would be if not more so. All day long riding absolutley no breakin problems to contend with.
Iwas viewed by about 40 otr riders at a function I attended and everyone had nice words to say about it, Teh venting works very well."
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #3047
andreis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Hi everyone,
I see a lot of folks on here have bought the PowerShell. I would like to add my review to the bunch.

I've bought myself a PowerShell back in January. I informed Ghazi that I really needed the suit in the first half of March and he did deliver in time. Whilst exchanging emails, Ghazi advised me to take the custom measure option, as I live far off (Romania) and it would not be wise to send back and forth suits. I took him up on the offer..

When the suit arrived, it, unfortunately, did not fit that well. Not at all. It was far to large at the waist and a bit too short in the back part of the torso (when I would lean a bit forward, it would hold me back). I tried to temper my anger at this, but I did kinda write an angry email to Ghazi about it. Of course, I never even thought about rechecking the measurements I'd sent (when I had the measurements taken, I had taken each measurement 3 times and then averaged it), so I was confident that I had sent in the right numbers. Actually, I had not. When I did finally check the numbers, I saw that I had sent a waist line of 38, when my waist was 34 (I had lost some weight since ordering and, as an extra, I measured a bit loose when I took the waist line).

Fortunately, Ghazi was patient with me and offered me some alternatives (although the screw up was on my part of the deal, despite me not admitting to it before rechecking the sent numbers), of which one did not work, but the other did. I now have my suit in the shop of a tailor, with the extra material sent by Ghazi (free of charge) required to lengthen the back side on hand. I'm confident the suit will come out fitting just right this time.

In the meantime, I did manage to put about 3k miles on the suit commuting and having fun. So here is a list of pluses and minuses:

PLUSES
=======
1. Very good build quality.
2. Great adjustable flow of air for the upper body.
3. Easy on/off
4. Great on low temps, great on high temps as well. Point no 2 goes a long way here.
5. Lasts through light drizzles and can take about 1/2h until the water soaks through on normal rains, plenty time to pull out a rain oversuit.
6. The presence of superfabric at impact points is reassuring, especially knowing that Cordura 500Denier is not up to par with leather on abrasion resistance.
7. The pockets are great and I like the watertight zippers.

MINUSES - Yes, there are a few. Ghazi, please take them as suggestions
=======

1. The material bunches up at the knee. There is an elastic panel above the knee that is supposed to stop this from happening, but it doesn't. I ride a Tiger 1050 and am not that tall, so my knee angle is somewhere around 90Degrees. I don't think it's excessive (like a sportbike), so I should be able to easily squeeze the tank with my knees.

2. The upper part of the legs gets little ventilation, while the lower part gets no ventilation at all. While there is a ventilation panel in the upper leg, it is just not sufficient, as it opens to little. You could add an adjustable vent in the lower part, right around the shin area, which is usually well protected by the boot.

3. The neck & wrist velcro closures wear down in time. the suit is only 3 months old and the velcro at my wrists is already wearing out. We know this is always the first to go, so why not make a system that lasts longer? The Spidi system of making the closure itself with a cap and the adjustability part with a velcro works very well and will allow the velcro parts to last far longer.

4. There is no option for chest protection, but see the rest of my post.

I think that this is just about it. When I'll have the suit back from the tailor (very hard to find someone to work with this material), I'll post some high quality pictures of it.

Regarding a question from Ghazi and my complaint no 4, I think the option of an airbag add in would be great. I would personally buy it (maybe retro fit it?). It would also circumvent the need for chest protection and would so much more enhance the safety factor of the suit. If you add it in a way that does not affect the vents and allows the neck to still be opened (for air to rush in), I would surely buy it. You should definitely add this to both the PowerShell and the Navigator suits.

Cheers for a great suit and hope you will make your mind up before I buy the MLV vest :
http://www.safermoto.com/products/vest_mlv/index.html
andreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #3048
andreis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Hmm... I just read the free crashed gear replacement opportunity. Is it too late to post tomorrow (4th of June 2012)?
andreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #3049
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreis View Post
Hmm... I just read the free crashed gear replacement opportunity. Is it too late to post tomorrow (4th of June 2012)?
yes we extended the deadline by two week so everyone has another opportunity to register.. and thanks for the feedback :)

some Navigator pictures from France:

the frites in belgium

Old 06-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #3050
Transient
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Got my tracking number - Power Shell should be here tomorrow!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #3051
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

please visit this thread and provide feedback:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797797

Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 PM   #3052
TO Scootz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Lombard report

Here's my attempt to slip under the wire, and get my one year crash replacement. I've had some difficulty getting the report together. I picked up my suit and then took off for a month in Italy. Once I got home, I had a chance to wear it twice and then some nice lady did a left hand turn into me and my Wee Strom. I'm OK and the bike didn't get a lot of damage, but we are still waiting for a new axle before the collision damage can be repaired. Therefore this report is about fit and build quality, with a more user type report coming once I've actually had a chance to USE it!

The compulsory "Dork" shot. Some details; I'm 6'5" tall, take 40" x 34" pants and weigh 230 lb. I'm wearing normal long pants and a tee shirt and mid weight polar fleece jacket under the Lombard.

Proof that someone my size can bend over and pick up a dropped pair of gloves while wearing a 2XL Tall Lombard V4.

I'm a bit amazed that I can actually touch my toes while wearing the Lombard, and not feel like I'm getting a cut-rate sex change.

I was very happy to find that my "extended" 2XL Helly Hanson rain pants would fit over the Lombard. Do you think if I pull hard enough, I can get them to fit up under my armpits?

Final bit of rain kit. A 2XL Frogg Togg Horny Toadz jacket over the Lombard. Note that it's warm out (and HOT in) and I've just thrown the gear on. With a bit of tightening of wrists, legs and waist, the fit would be better.

What will follow are some close up shots of the Lombard's construction details:

Here is a shot of the main neck to ankle zipper. The leg zipper is just as beefy.

Here is some upper arm detail. Note the nice large rubber covered snaps.

This is the upper end of the YKK coil zipper that gives you access to your pants pockets. The sewing quality is first rate. I was pleased to note that the waist adjusters have lots of velcro surface so that you have lots of secure adjustment.

Here is one of the two waterproof zippers that close the two main pockets. The pockets seem to be at least partially (or totally, it's hard to tell) made of some coated silvery fabric. They should at least be very water resistant, if not totally waterproof.

Here is a close up of the neck area, showing lining, velcro, and the "gutter" that helps to keep the cold breeze away from the main zippers.

The CE approved armour. Upper left is shoulder armour, upper right is knee armour, and bottom is shin armour. I replaced the knee armour with some chinese 4BIKER CE approved armour for a bit more comfort, the shoulder armour with the same brand of soft armour for a bit more shoulder room (it's perfect now), and I took out the shin armour since I don't normally ride off-road .

All and all I'm very pleased with my new riding suit. It's very comfortable, and from my limited crash test I can see that it will be durable. I had noted that the air flow on my Wee Strom tended to blow my jacket up around my ears, and I had hopes that a one piece suit would work well for me. On the other hand, I didn't want to spend over $1000 to find out that I hated wearing a one piece suit. I've paid $400 plus shipping to find that this "Dork suit" has serious possibilities, and my only (small) regret is that I didn't purchase the Power Shell like I had originally planned to. Anyway, once I have some real miles on the suit, I'll write a real report.

TO Scootz screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 02:40 PM
TO Scootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #3053
justdrew
underpowered

Oddometer: 402
Thanks for that detailed report To Scootz. My own Lombard hi-vis goodness begins tomorrow when the Fed Ex guy shows up! I'm wicked excited to get my own "dork suit" after having to wait a few weeks.
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM   #3054
TO Scootz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Hi Justdrew, I'm sure you will be blown away by your new Lombard. The value for money is amazing!! I didn't show the waterproof liner nor the insulated lining, which are both very nice. My only complaint is the waterproof liner, which I will never use, is so well made, and obviously cost something to make. I would have rather not had the waterproof liner, and had a warmer (like the one in the Power Shell) insulated liner. Picky, picky, I know.
TO Scootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #3055
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Scootz View Post

All and all I'm very pleased with my new riding suit. It's very comfortable, and from my limited crash test I can see that it will be durable. I had noted that the air flow on my Wee Strom tended to blow my jacket up around my ears, and I had hopes that a one piece suit would work well for me. On the other hand, I didn't want to spend over $1000 to find out that I hated wearing a one piece suit. I've paid $400 plus shipping to find that this "Dork suit" has serious possibilities, and my only (small) regret is that I didn't purchase the Power Shell like I had originally planned to. Anyway, once I have some real miles on the suit, I'll write a real report.
wow thanks for showing that toes can be touched !!! ;)
looking forward to more feedback as you put more miles on it
Old 06-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #3056
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

feedback with photo
"Navigator 2 piece getting the job done on a 10 day Seattle to AK ride.

Both jacket and pants have the insulated liners in. Only needed more I day of the trip.

Gear performed without a single issue and maintained its comfort for the duration of the trip.

Teiz once again proved to me that you can't go wrong trusting them with your gear needs.

Next up for me will be the ladies suit. For the wife... For the wife. Seriously :)
"
Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #3057
justdrew
underpowered

Oddometer: 402
Happy Teiz customer

Yaaaa! My new Lombard arrived this afternoon, and I am very impressed with this robust piece of riding gear. The first thing I had to do was try it on of course, and was pleased to find the L-Tall to be a great fit ( I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs with a 32" inseam). Bending and reaching were accomplished with ease. Walking around the yard at 75 degrees in direct sunlight I was surprised to find that the suit was not overbearingly hot.

A few cautionary notes -
I Do NOT recommend wearing the suit with the waterproof and thermal liners in at 75 deg in the sun, not even just to see how it fits, it was like wearing a sauna,
followed immediately by....

I do not recommend trying to get this suit off in a hurry for the first time in front of your wife. "Are you alright? It looks like you're having a seizure."

Thank you Ghazi for a great piece of gear that I hope to see many years of use.
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #3058
Tachedoutoffroad
Mr. Parrish

Oddometer: 620
Who "dual sports" in their suit?

Ride 50 miles on Rd, ride dirt rds, THEN ride some power lines, two track with logs, little single track/ stuck/ exploring, then 4wheeler trail, then back to dirt rds and home?

Not all dirt rds, and not MX, but that happy median where DOT knobbies and a sub 300lb bike is fun.

I'd like to have more than my compression suit when I'm running 75 on the way home, but I don't want a real bulky suit when I moving around in the woods.

Thanks
Support your local know-it-all gear guy and give your money to Brian at https://www.atomic-moto.com/
Tachedoutoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #3059
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Navigator Review:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798444

Old 06-10-2012, 02:25 AM   #3060
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdrew View Post
Yaaaa! My new Lombard arrived this afternoon, and I am very impressed with this robust piece of riding gear. ......

Thank you Ghazi for a great piece of gear that I hope to see many years of use.
need some pictures!!!!!