Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #46
Sir Not Appearing
That's no ordinary rabbit

Oddometer: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by -L-
How much of this Teiz suit is actually mesh? The close up shows more solid cordura than mesh and the website doesn't show... a "mesh suit" in my mind should be mostly mesh! :)
On their Home page:

2003 Ford Focus SVT

Sir Not Appearing screwed with this post 02-23-2009 at 07:42 AM
Sir Not Appearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:37 AM   #47
groundrules
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
The knee pucks aren't doing it for me - they seem totally out of place in a suit like this.
well, they are only stuck on there with velcro.
groundrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:37 AM   #48
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by groundrules
well, they are only stuck on there with velcro.
I know but even so you are then left with that ugly patch of Velcro. Knee pucks just seems so out of place in a suit like this. I honest don't recall ever seeing pucks on a textile suit or pants.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:18 PM   #49
digger2
A Cad & A Bounder

Oddometer: 629
Pucks?

Go look at Aerostitch then. Pucks are in 2 sizes for the Roadcrafter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264
I know but even so you are then left with that ugly patch of Velcro. Knee pucks just seems so out of place in a suit like this. I honest don't recall ever seeing pucks on a textile suit or pants.
digger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #50
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by digger2
Go look at Aerostitch then. Pucks are in 2 sizes for the Roadcrafter.
I'm sure you can get them but I have personally never seen a RC with pucks or the velcro to attach them.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:18 PM   #51
-L-
n00b

Oddometer: 8
OK, I wasn't being clear... the home page shows a "mesh suit", but looking at the photos its hard to see exactly how much of it is actual mesh. Most "mesh" suits have solid cordura patches for abrasion and pockets. and looking at the images, most of this mesh suit would be solid cordura...!

Also a little concerned as there is no contact details at all - where are they made? where are they coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Not Appearing
On their Home page:

-L- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:47 AM   #52
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,597
Like I said earlier, they have created an online forum on their website. You might want to sign up and ask them directly.

The suits are made in Pakistan. I found this on their forum.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:52 AM   #53
-L-
n00b

Oddometer: 8
I did have a look at their forum and couldn't be arsed signing up - what is the appeal when the only information I really have about them is that urned up to a trade show with a load of suits. (and I only believe that because it is on the webbikeworld website too).

Even if they were available right now, I would not be sending $2 to an anonymous internet company, let alone $250, and so my interest in this company is severely restricted.

Sorry for being a skeptic, but if Teiz wants to get to play in the real world, a bit of transparancy is required. At the moment, I'd rather stick with my winter gear than order a Teiz suit...
-L- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #54
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
Like I said earlier, they have created an online forum on their website. You might want to sign up and ask them directly.

The suits are made in Pakistan. I found this on their forum.

that does it for me!!! no thanks!!

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:47 AM   #55
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates
that does it for me!!! no thanks!!
Half the stuff you buy is from Pakistan or China or Japan or Austria.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:48 AM   #56
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Here is a reply from Ghazi for you guys.

"
Made in Pakistan:
Many products from major brands are made in Pakistan including Harley Davidson, First Gear, Frank Thomas etc. A lot of times you will find a tag that says “Designed In” instead of “Made In” which is to avoid revealing that the products are made in Pakistan. The motorcycle apparel industry is extremely strong in Pakistan due to low labor costs and amazing leather quality. However, we believe in transparency and do not want to trick the consumer hence making it clear where the suits are made. Additionally here is another piece of information that no one might reveal to you. There are a lot of people who would read “Made in Pakistan” and be turned off by a product thus brands have asked manufacturers not to put a “Made In” label on the products. When they products are imported a “Made In” tag is attached to the product indicating some other country which might sell better for e.g. China.

Amount of Mesh:
Please look at the red mesh suit on our site:
http://teizms.com/cross-continent-air.html
Mostly everything you see in Red is mesh except for the red Velcro strip covering the front zippers. See some of the close-ups and you will get a better idea. See the picture of the thigh pocket. It shows that only the strips covering the Velcro are not mesh. You will not find a suit with more airflow. All the black parts of the suit are 1680D Cordura which is enhance protection in high impact areas.

Internet Company/Contact Info:
Check out the contact us page for ICON. They only have a online form as well. We are not as big as icon. We produce a very specialized item in a limited amount. Even then, if you send me an email or sign up on our site , I provide a phone number for you to call and discuss the product and make sure to respond to your questions as soon as possible.
I would love to respond directly to all your questions however I am unable to sign up for advrider because the registration is closed. So please, post questions our discussion forum and I will respond ASAP.
www.teizms.com/discuss

Anyway, one of the reasons we are keeping a low profile at the moment is because we are out of stock and expect reviews in magazines in the next few months. Currently, a lot of the publications are not able to write reviews because of the weather. Once the reviews are out and we are stocked up again, we will start marketing more aggressively too. Trust me, you will be hearing a lot about us in the next few months. Check out the AMA site where they have listed cool/innovative gear @ Indy:
http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=628

In conclusion, keep the communication flowing guys. We want your feedback and want your opinions. We want to incorporate your input in our products….

Thanks "
Old 02-25-2009, 04:49 AM   #57
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

For some reason I cannot change the color of the font, sorry guys.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:13 AM   #58
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhys
Has anybody made contact with them and asked about sizing???

I'm a short (like really really short) fat guy. Motoport is my choice of summer suit, but that's a thousand bucks.....

I'll chance a 'Translate to FAST' $300 suit if they can fit a 5' 2" fat boy.

(Kevlar lined jeans and a Cortech mesh jacket may not be enough for my antics on the road.....)
I'm with you. 5'7" 250lbs. I had to park my Stich 30 lbs ago.

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 AM   #59
Ola M
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
De-colorized:

Made in Pakistan:
Many products from major brands are made in Pakistan including Harley Davidson, First Gear, Frank Thomas etc. A lot of times you will find a tag that says “Designed In” instead of “Made In” which is to avoid revealing that the products are made in Pakistan. The motorcycle apparel industry is extremely strong in Pakistan due to low labor costs and amazing leather quality. However, we believe in transparency and do not want to trick the consumer hence making it clear where the suits are made. Additionally here is another piece of information that no one might reveal to you. There are a lot of people who would read “Made in Pakistan” and be turned off by a product thus brands have asked manufacturers not to put a “Made In” label on the products. When they products are imported a “Made In” tag is attached to the product indicating some other country which might sell better for e.g. China.

Amount of Mesh:
Please look at the red mesh suit on our site:
http://teizms.com/cross-continent-air.html
Mostly everything you see in Red is mesh except for the red Velcro strip covering the front zippers. See some of the close-ups and you will get a better idea. See the picture of the thigh pocket. It shows that only the strips covering the Velcro are not mesh. You will not find a suit with more airflow. All the black parts of the suit are 1680D Cordura which is enhance protection in high impact areas.

Internet Company/Contact Info:
Check out the contact us page for ICON. They only have a online form as well. We are not as big as icon. We produce a very specialized item in a limited amount. Even then, if you send me an email or sign up on our site , I provide a phone number for you to call and discuss the product and make sure to respond to your questions as soon as possible.
I would love to respond directly to all your questions however I am unable to sign up for advrider because the registration is closed. So please, post questions our discussion forum and I will respond ASAP.
www.teizms.com/discuss

Anyway, one of the reasons we are keeping a low profile at the moment is because we are out of stock and expect reviews in magazines in the next few months. Currently, a lot of the publications are not able to write reviews because of the weather. Once the reviews are out and we are stocked up again, we will start marketing more aggressively too. Trust me, you will be hearing a lot about us in the next few months. Check out the AMA site where they have listed cool/innovative gear @ Indy:
http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=628

In conclusion, keep the communication flowing guys. We want your feedback and want your opinions. We want to incorporate your input in our products….

Thanks "
Ola M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 AM   #60
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Thanks Ola!