Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #856
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
hi viz orange is better than hi viz yellow to keep cleaner (but more troublesome than other colors nevertheless)

we will have light gray and black at the show. will accept orders for other colors
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #857
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,995
Latest Update:

1. I found some sew on poppers that fit the poppers on the neck strap. Not quite as solid as the ones on there now but not had a chance to try them so I will report back on when I do. I sewed a couple to give me more options but right now, I can finally wear something quite substantial (fleece neckwarmer thingy) around the neck and still do the neck strap up. I also found black versions so they don't stick out quite so much.

2. I shortened the cinch straps on the lower part of the leg - all the way up they still didn't cinch as much as I had liked. I just un-did the stitching, cut a piece off and sewed it all back together again. I DID find that one end of the strap that attaches to the suit is already starting to fray - not sure why but all 4 straps were like this so I'll keep an eye on them.

3. I found some Velcro straps at Lowes (5 buck as I recall) and after figuring out the best way to fit them, I sewed those on the bottom of each leg. It adds a little more to the time it takes to put the suit on but I think in the end it will be well worth it. I just tacked it in place to make sure it's works and if I like it where it is, I'll get them sewn on properly.

Wore the suit the other day when it was about 40 and with a pair of long johns and a long sleeve T and a thin fleece, I was plenty warm - no lining BTW.

Cheers
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #858
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer: 3,741
How do you get the shin armor out ??.
Facebook..PNW Adventure Riders..Facebook
MY BUILD http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=938440
NortwestRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #859
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

at the bottom of the legs, the mesh lining is joined to the shell via velcro.. if you open that up, you have access to the shin armor
Old 10-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #860
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Found it,thanks.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #861
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

2pc suit prototype

Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #862
ironmtnracing
MotoQuest Seattle

Oddometer: 689
More info/photos on the pants!

I'm looking forward to learning more about the 2 piece kit.

When do you think they'll hit the shelves Ghazi?
ironmtnracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #863
NortwestRider
TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Wet ride....

I will start this off by saying that Ghazi has been VERY upfront and truthful about his suits.I guess I was hoping that his stand on the waterproofness ( not sure that's a word ) was just legal mumbo jumbo.Yesterday was a record rainfall day in Seattle and I rode like I do everyday and BOY o BOY did I get wet !!!!!!.I spent 2 hours last weekend sealing the seams on the main zipper flaps ( inside and out ) and as many other seems as I could find.I also sprayed the whole suit with 3 coats of waterproofing.When I got to work I could feel that I was wet and man was I wet !!.I was wet the whole lenght of the main zipper PLUS a softball size wet spot on my left knee under the big velcro patch for the knee puck.My shirt was soaked from my chest to my waist about 6-8 inches wide.Both my arms were wet from shoulders to wrist's BUT not soaked.Now I know that the zipper wettness is because of the lack of FULL lenght velcro and the water getting in between the patches of velcro.Now the arm leaks have me baffled and I'm still working on finding them.The leak under the knee patch I'm sure is from the stiching.Don't get me wrong I love the suit and if you ride in cold weather with SOME LIGHT rain sometimes this suit ROCKS !!,BUT if your like me and ride in hard rain all winter then this might NOT be the suit for you...
Old 10-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #864
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,833
gore-tex

Ghazi, have you concidered offering a gor-tex version of the 2 piece or 1 piece ? I like the idea of not having to carry separate rain gear.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #865
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmtnracing
More info/photos on the pants!

I'm looking forward to learning more about the 2 piece kit.

When do you think they'll hit the shelves Ghazi?
Ditto...
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:03 AM   #866
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,293
What he said.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:37 PM   #867
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

northwestrider - i will make another post shortly discussing the waterproofing aspect of the suit..

specs on the pants:
600D polyester shell
1680D nylon ballistics

wide range of colors
CE armor in knee (longish armor which also covers the shin)
dual connection zippers ( 8" and full 360)
removable waterproof and thermal layers

availability & price: stay tuned...
will try to have it available as a sample at shows to take orders. you can pick up the jackets at the shows..

also, the shipment that was due to arrive earlier this week has been delayed slightly by United Cargo services. I will have more updates soon but apologize for the delay..
Old 10-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #868
satur9
angry black guy

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by NortwestRider
I will start this off by saying that Ghazi has been VERY upfront and truthful about his suits.I guess I was hoping that his stand on the waterproofness ( not sure that's a word ) was just legal mumbo jumbo.Yesterday was a record rainfall day in Seattle and I rode like I do everyday and BOY o BOY did I get wet !!!!!!.I spent 2 hours last weekend sealing the seams on the main zipper flaps ( inside and out ) and as many other seems as I could find.I also sprayed the whole suit with 3 coats of waterproofing.When I got to work I could feel that I was wet and man was I wet !!.I was wet the whole lenght of the main zipper PLUS a softball size wet spot on my left knee under the big velcro patch for the knee puck.My shirt was soaked from my chest to my waist about 6-8 inches wide.Both my arms were wet from shoulders to wrist's BUT not soaked.Now I know that the zipper wettness is because of the lack of FULL lenght velcro and the water getting in between the patches of velcro.Now the arm leaks have me baffled and I'm still working on finding them.The leak under the knee patch I'm sure is from the stiching.Don't get me wrong I love the suit and if you ride in cold weather with SOME LIGHT rain sometimes this suit ROCKS !!,BUT if your like me and ride in hard rain all winter then this might NOT be the suit for you...
i just rode in the rain today in my fieldsheer cyclone.after riding a nonfaired motorcycle in the rain on the freeway. i was drier than the people who walked from their car to the building.for it not being dedicated rain gear.i think it may be the driest one piece suit ive heard of. because of this its extremely hot and hard to get into as mentioned in prior post.i ordered a lombard for when its not raining. though i was disappointed to find out the v2 didnt have the full length velcro. mabey you can use that big back pocket for a set of frogg toggs,

satur9 screwed with this post 10-28-2009 at 04:17 PM
satur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #869
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,879
One of the reasons that I bought my Olympia Phantom was the relatively high degree of water-resistance compared to other one-piece suits on the market. I specifically avoided the Roadcrafter after reading the comments about leakage.

I have discovered that even with the Phantom, if I go for a ride longer than about 45 minutes in hard rain, I start getting leakage at various points. I suspect that unless a suit is made of gore-tex or you wear an impermeable waterproof rain suit over it, you will still get leaks.

I will be interested to see how the Lombard compares to the Phantom when it arrives.

PS: I forgot to mention: under similar conditions, my Olympia, Tourmastet and First Gear jackets leak as well. I suspect they all have roughly the same sort of construction in terms of materials.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past

MillCreek screwed with this post 10-28-2009 at 07:09 PM
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #870
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

I had this information up in detail on the old site but might need more details. Currently, on the new site, it says:

Our vented gear features huge vents all around. Our mesh construction on the textile suits is very unique. Compared to other jackets with waterproof liners, our stuff flows a lot more air. This is because instead of simple pasting a liner behind the shell, we strategy cut out and seal the liner around the edges of the vents. This way, the air comes through the vent and hits the rider instead of hitting the liner first.

Whats that got to do with waterproofing you might ask...

Here is my take:
Generally, most riders will not want to ride out storms. I wanted to make this suit as versatile as possible. The problem with most gear that claims to be 100 percent waterproof (yet is not) is that it gets really warm even while moving. Our suit gets warm (when stationary) but when moving, the airflow is far superior to other suits due to the unique construction. So it functions better than other suits in the warmer condition. it provides a certain degree of waterproofing and also provides usability during summer. For those who really want a 100% waterproof unit that can help then ride out a few hours in a storm, this suit isnt the solution. I would rather have the suit be little less waterproof (since at least I dont like to risk it in the rain too much) and be more useful overall.....

Thats just the my 2cents behind the design concept... open to criticism as always...