Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #931
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
heading out across the country for the shows .. will try to keep you guys updated along the way.. apologies in advance in replies are a lil slower ....
Yeah, it took a whole day this time. Where is the customer service around here???!!!!!
Have fun at the shows.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 PM   #932
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,723
ventura

Just wanted to point out something for those folks who will be coming to the shows for the Ventura jacket.

It has better waterproofing than the suit because of the vent design.
teizms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:23 AM   #933
AnthonyD
Nothing to see here...

Oddometer: 411
I have been riding in some cold weather with suit now, and am still happy. 35-37 degrees fahrenheit is no problem for short rides (and I'm only wearing hospital scrubs under the suit, so no added insulation at all).

Last night and this morning were my first sub-30 degree rides, so I added a zip-up long-sleeve fleece under the suit, and only my hands were cold after about 20 minutes highway riding. The only place the cold seems to seep in a little is around the knees - I'm guessing either the flex-patch above the knee or at the zipper where the knee bends.

Consider, however, that I'm riding a little Yamaha XT225 with absolutely zero wind protection. If you've got a windshield and front fairings - I imagine you'll be toasty for much longer rides.

PS: I will agree with the comments on the small neck. It needs to be hair bigger, and have a bit longer strap. I can just catch the first snap, and I have a pretty skinny neck.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #934
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,880
I received my suit yesterday. I will post a more detailed report later. But were I Ghazi, I would do two things immediately:
  1. have the factory start making the neck larger
  2. Prepare an extension strap out of nylon webbing and a couple of snaps and send it out to all the existing customers. I wear a 16x32 dress shirt, so my neck is not large. I can barely close the neck at the first snap.
I would say that initially, the quality compares to my Olympia Phantom. But I have not yet had the opportunity to spend much time going over the suit, so I will report back later.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #935
idea man
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillCreel
I received my suit yesterday. I will post a more detailed report later. But were I Ghazi, I would do two things immediately:
  1. have the factory start making the neck larger
  2. Prepare an extension strap out of nylon webbing and a couple of snaps and send it out to all the existing customers. I wear a 16x32 dress shirt, so my neck is not large. I can barely close the neck at the first snap.
I would say that initially, the quality compares to my Olympia Phantom. But I have not yet had the opportunity to spend much time going over the suit, so I will report back later.
You will like it over time. Mine has broken in nicely and is more and more confortable all the time. It feels more rugged than my Olympia jacket though it is quite heavy. I never want to test it but is seems like it will be pretty rugged in case of a get off. There were some posts earlier about the seat being too abrasive and thus hard to move around on. I have appreciated the grip a great deal (leather Corbin seat) Bigger neck would be good (shirt size 19/37).
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:33 AM   #936
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Texas Day 1
start time: 4pm

cya guys there.lotsa suiits and jacket for you to try and purchase
Old 11-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #937
MillCreek
ADV Risk Manager

Oddometer: 1,880
A quick note: I just returned from a one-hour ride in 38 degree weather. I was on my DR650 with a Spitfire windshield. I was riding at 60 mph for about 20 minutes and 35 or so for the remainder. So I think I gave it a pretty good test at severe wind-chill speeds.

The suit with liner kept me as snug as a bug. And it felt good, too. The ankle flapped a bit at speed, so when I got home, I tightened the ankle strap to eliminate this in the future. I experienced no cold air intrusion at speed. I appreciated the rubberized seat which kept me firmly planted on the bike.

So far, so good.
2012 Suzuki DL650A as the current bike
Whole bunch of bikes in the past
MillCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:18 PM   #938
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Woah...

Everybody is falling madly in love with the new jackets...
Old 11-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #939
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

Ok guys I am now headed to California... planning some special events there so stay tuned.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #940
12bswayed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
will you be at the seattle show?
Old 11-17-2009, 06:40 AM   #941
TexasShadow
Where's the escape hatch?

Oddometer: 610
I tried on a men's small in Dallas, which fit! Ghazi showed me the chart for woman's sizing but most of my gear tends to be men's sizes anyway. Ghazi also gave me a lesson in putting it on

My order is in for a Hi-vis yellow. Wish I had it today with our first hard frost here. Can't wait........

Nice meeting you and your brother, Ghazi. Good luck with the shows.
TexasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:01 AM   #942
KiLeR06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor
Thank you for your honesty. I wish more retailers of suits would state what their suit can actually do and what they can't.

Unfortunately, I'm a real rider. That means I ride very long miles in any and every condition.

First off, your ridiculous fit issues are so unacceptable that it isn't even worth discussing. They need to fit right no matter what your Paki seamstresses tell you.

Second, in the next year you will see at least four suits in a similar price range (a little more expensive, but from established companies) that are going to create a problem for you.

I know I'm coming off is very negative, but I'm sick and tired of cheap shit that only lasts a few years and never performs as expected.

Over the past 25 years I have paid premium prices for premium gear that has lasted many years. I've bought inexpensive gear that I had to buy three times over, and ended up costing more than one premium suit. They ended up being a rip-off.

I'd like to think that you have the solution that defies all realities of economics and quality, but I don't think the world has shifted on it's axis just yet.

I'm a rider, a motorcycle training educator, and a serious all weather rider. We are the ones who will invest in gear that does it all.

In the next year we are going to see more and more cheap gear, but less and less quality. This is an ongoing theme and has become less and less acceptable. I don't care about the next marketing company that happens to sell motorcycle gear, and your low price is a huge marketing technique. Very effective.

How about a high end (read: Expensive) product that actually performs on all levels? No compromises, no excuses, it just works and we pay for it. That attitude has created empires just as having the lowest price has.

Sorry I blew up, but I'm sick of all the crap gear on the market whose saving grace is the price. "It sucks here and there, but it's cheap" just isn't cutting it in my, most likely very small, but committed, world.
First off, I plan to buy one of these suits, and know what it is capable of going in, just like everyone else here. I have read through this entire thread, and from the beginning it was never claimed to be the do all, and end all of riding suits. I am very willing to spend my money on a piece of equipment that gives you the "bang for your buck" especially when the vendor is willing to listen, and constantly update/upgrade the items to meet demands. To Thor, I guess you have been disappointed in prior purchases, but nothing is perfect. This man is trying to give us a good suit at a good price, period, and I and many others think that is exactly what it is. It might just be me, but you sure did come off as a douche.

KiLeR06 screwed with this post 11-17-2009 at 12:29 PM
KiLeR06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 AM   #943
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,840
Thor and the rest of the FF's, please refrain from using ethnic epithets and deragatory language in this thread.. This ain't Jo Momma..

Old 11-18-2009, 12:05 PM   #944
teizms
Beastly Adventurer

seattle is out because logisitically its not working out for us..

in san mateo we are near the BMW display, right next to the BMW MOA
Old 11-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #945
12bswayed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by teizms
seattle is out because logisitically its not working out for us..

in san mateo we are near the BMW display, right next to the BMW MOA
bummer...was hoping to meet you and personally thank you! oh well........next to the BMW MOA table, eh? good luck with that!